Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-31-2012, 18:31   #101
Chui

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDL-UP View Post
Why a "black history" month?

Because "history" is always told through the eyes of the dominant culture, and the dominant culture for a long, LONG time has been "not black". The way I see it - it's TECHNOLOGY, not skin color. If blacks had invented gun powder, the nuclear weapon, been the first to fly an airplane, or invent the automobile, we'd instead be forced to have a "white history" month.

I have nothing against any race, the real question is "what do you have to offer society?". And it's not a racial question, it's a very individual question... what do YOU have to offer society?
EXCEEDINGLY WELL PUT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2012, 17:59   #102
dpadams6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedknee View Post
I retired from the Federal Government a little over two years ago.

The last "Diversity" training I had was for supervisors. The training concept was to present the "facts" (or more correctly, the information they wanted us to have) then let us come to the proper conclusions.

In Alaska, where we were located, only 7% of the agency workforce was black. Since they needed 26%, the remainder of their "quota" was filled mostly with Native Alaskans. Management claims there is no quota, as such, but you better believe there is an acceptable/unacceptable precentage!

The class was almost 50% white and almost 50% black. There were a couple Alaska Natives. Interesting, huh?

The main activity of the class was to break into groups and discuss the topics thrown out by the instructor. We were to see the error of our ways and come to the proper conclusions after hearing of the experiences from "diverse" participants in each group. The topics concerned discrimination.

Needless to say this training concept did not work very well.

Being the outspoken guy I am, I finally asked the instructor to please just tell me what I was supposed to know!!!!

She blew her cool, threw up her hands, and said, "When you receive a list of candidates for a job you must select the diverse candidate!"

The white supervisors, as a group, felt we should select the very best qualified candidate regardless of race, sex, religion, etc.

"No," the instructor argued, "All the candidates on the list were put there because they were qualified, PICK THE DIVERSE CANDIDATE!"

At this point, the black students (supervisory as well as nonsupervisory) explained to us that we (Whitey) owe them for past trangressions and we must now swing the balance in their favor by giving them management jobs whenever a job opened and a diverse candidate applied.

All I ever wanted to do was a good job and to fill my crew with good workers.
With this kind of thinking as well as other similar stupid concepts, I decided I could not retire soon enough.

Maybe this explains a lot....like why the government workforce is so screwed up, why they waste so much money, why we have a BHM, why we can have a NAACP but not a NAAWP, and how that guy got into the white house (as the most powerful leader on earth) without any leadership experience.

This is not a rant. I have washed my hands of it as much as possible.
I advise you to pay cash, don't trust the banks or the government, can some deermeat and green beans, and load up some extra ammo.
You forgot to mention that He is a Muslim and not eligible to be potus either.
dpadams6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:01   #103
RichardB
Silver Membership

"At this point, the black students (supervisory as well as nonsupervisory) explained to us that we (Whitey) owe them for past trangressions and we must now swing the balance in their favor by giving them management jobs whenever a job opened and a diverse candidate applied."

I recall when the South was in turmoil due to the efforts to desegregate hearing some devout folks at church were saying that integration was the Almighty's punishment for America for allowing slavery.

One may or may not buy that line of thought but I think they referenced the old King James Bible Exodus 20:5 to support their understanding.

You shall not bow down yourself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Payback for what happened from 1640 to 1955 can be a *****.

He is risen.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote