Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-06-2012, 21:02   #41
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzone View Post
you go and hunt them to! two can play the search and confiscation game! dont go gentle into that dark night!
All well and good in theory, and in an internet forum, but is that what happened during the Katrina confiscations?

No. People just forked them over. Some got roughed up, and then forked them over. I'm not aware of anyone going to the mat, resisting.

We all talk a good game, but when you're looking down the barrel of your own military that you pay...you saying you'd fight them, rather than hand it over? I think that's just internet wind.

I think the men that would fight are three generations gone, or more.

Last edited by Bolster; 04-06-2012 at 21:07..
Bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 21:20   #42
MadMonkey
Spershul Furces

Send a message via AIM to MadMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to MadMonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post
LOL. No not me. I can't imagine me fighting against a horde of army guys. I'll just hand my gun over.
Absolutely. Based on the above statement, that would be the best course of action for you.
MadMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 21:28   #43
G22Dude

Logistically it would be impossible for the police/military to do a total gun confiscation in a crisis. In NO they were collecting guns that they saw in plain sight, which was wrong. Having said that I am so disgusted by their actions. I believe if they could get away with it the govt would try it again. But I don't see them working off a list. These guys can't find their butts with both hands. They just aren't that good. Heck if they were they would have executed Fast and Furious and we would not be any wiser. They may get some guns but they wouldn't get all of our guns.

As someone who left federal law enforcement recently, I have a hard time trusting our government because their inclination often runs towards being tyrannical. At the end of the day the government does not trust the people and want to exert control over us. They just don't want us to realize that they are trying to control us. This goes for both parties although the liberals are by far worst with it

Last edited by G22Dude; 04-06-2012 at 21:29..
G22Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 21:30   #44
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

In Florida we have a law against taking your guns away from you during an emergency. If somebody is saying that the government would order us to give them our guns or else... I would give them my shotgun AND my pistol! I think that I have a box of ammo for each of them too.

I don't think that this would ever happen here. Even in a really tough situation politicians want to get elected and there are just to many voters who want to be left alone.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 21:33   #45
G22Dude

I believe NC had a long standing law about not being able to conceal carry during an emergency. I believe that went down in smoke recently. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think Bev Purdue was thrilled about it
G22Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 21:39   #46
vram74

I would hope our Military would disregard any order to disarm citizens. Guess it will depend on how brain washed they are when that time comes. As for me, getting organized with like minded individuals would be job one. Normal every day joes who go to the range on weekends are going to have a hard enough time fighting trained Military. My COD: Fat Ops ass isn't going to play keep away by myself!
vram74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 21:44   #47
domin8ss

Blackwater is not called Academi. Their name is now Z. They're fairly close to where I reside right now, just over the NC/VA line. As for my guns being taken, let them. They'll only get the ones they know about or can find. Good luck on getting all of them. Some places they are hidden are so good that I surprised myself with coming up with that particular location.
domin8ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 21:58   #48
Made in Austria

[quote=MadMonkey;18811146]Absolutely. Based on the above statement, that would be the best course of action for you.[/ deleted

Last edited by Made in Austria; 04-06-2012 at 22:04..
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 22:26   #49
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G22Dude View Post
I believe NC had a long standing law about not being able to conceal carry during an emergency. I believe that went down in smoke recently. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think Bev Purdue was thrilled about it
You are correct,there is a thread on GT about.'08.

ETA: It's in C/Issues. "Federal court strikes down NC emergency gun ban"

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.

Last edited by kirgi08; 04-06-2012 at 22:32..
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 00:44   #50
yellowhand

True number of firearms out and about????

Everytime I see or read where so many firearms are sold, based upon the number of times a back ground check is run, I have a question for anyone.
In AZ, if you have a ccw, a background check is never ran when you purchase a firearm.
I suspect this is true everywhere, but not sure.
SO how many ccw holders are out there purchasing firearms and not being factored into the total national count?
Suspect it's a lot.
yellowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 00:50   #51
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

It would be a challenge I'm sure.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 00:53   #52
Teej

You most certainly can turn over your gun. Heck, sell them all now and you won't have to worry about it. History does have a way of repeating itself.....

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/lexington.htm

The British marched on Lexington [on its way to Concord] to confiscate "illegal weapons" from citizens and from what we would today refer to as an Armory. OurConstitution was drafted 15 months I believe after this event. Thank God for those "rebels...", err I mean "terrorists....", I mean PATRIOTS!!

The minutemen were really a mostly a bunch of farmers. In Lexington there were only about 40 minutemen assembled facing 700 British. The British sent them fleeing and they all ran off with their weapons. Marching on to Concord the British encounted more armed American citizens defending the bridge into Concord. Thinking this wasn't going to be easy the British turned and went back to Boston.

All along the way back to Boston the Americans sniped at the British till an estimated 250 British troops were killed AND they didn't get the weapons. Like I stated, I think it was 15 months later that our current constitution was drafted.

They would have to declare martial law across entire regions and I still do not see it working. But you most certainly can hand over your firearms.
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:31   #53
Syclone538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
Why do we continue to call this country "United States of America"? That country's gone. We need a new name.
Not The United States, but These United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
All well and good in theory, and in an internet forum, but is that what happened during the Katrina confiscations?

No. People just forked them over. Some got roughed up, and then forked them over. I'm not aware of anyone going to the mat, resisting.

We all talk a good game, but when you're looking down the barrel of your own military that you pay...you saying you'd fight them, rather than hand it over? I think that's just internet wind.

I think the men that would fight are three generations gone, or more.
If anyone did, I doubt we would ever find out.

If everyone resisted confiscation with force, the attempted confiscation would end very quickly, but that doesn't make it any easier for the first people up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:12   #54
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Glock View Post
So some falsely claim. The Constitution says otherwise.
Where does it say that? I've never seen anything in the constitution that claims it supersedes martial law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TactiCool View Post
UN peacekeepers, NATO troops, foreign military, and contractors would have no such moral trouble disarming and killing Americans. IF martial law were ever declared, it would have to be foreign troops doing the dirty work, because, as others have said, there are simply not enough domestic military and police to do the job effectively.

And during Katrina, there were foreign contractors protecting the assets of the ultra wealthy - one company that was employing security in N.O was Isreali I believe. Blackwater, now called Academi, was down there as well. They even went in and began operations one whole week before they got a government contract from FEMA.
Nato/UN/foreign military would have way more trouble than any US military force would ever have disarming US civilians.

Its harder to shoot a countryman and brother than an invading force.

While people may grumble and be upset about handing over guns to the military/police ala Katrina, a oh say Frenchmen or Italian is much more likely to get shot in the face.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:25   #55
9mm +p+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post
LOL. No not me. I can't imagine me fighting against a horde of army guys. I'll just hand my gun over.
That kind of says it all, no? The key to avoiding this kind of BS and that is exactly what it is, is to not be where you are expected. In other words be gone before to police show up. Nationwide martial law is a total joke, where is the manpower to enforce it EVERYWHERE coming from???
Old 04-07-2012, 05:05   #56
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Yes, they have a partial list of guns purchased, you "may" own from FFL's.

That in no way shape or form, constitutes any sort of even decent information to make a guestiment of how many guns you ACTUALLY own.
No, but it suppoorts your place on the "houses to search" list.

Heck, we had a case here, that I only know about because the inmate sued us over his parole revocation, where a parolee's wife, all alone, went to a gun shop and bought a gun. The next day, ATF was in the parole officer's office wanting to search the guy's house. So much for those background checks that aren't being used for that purpose or communictaed to other agencies. I still don't know how they knew she was a parolee's wife. (BTW, guy was found not guilty in federal court, but had his parole revoked anyhow)

Last edited by Bren; 04-07-2012 at 05:06..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:40   #57
expatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TactiCool View Post
UN peacekeepers, NATO troops, foreign military, and contractors would have no such moral trouble disarming and killing Americans. IF martial law were ever declared, it would have to be foreign troops doing the dirty work, because, as others have said, there are simply not enough domestic military and police to do the job effectively.

And during Katrina, there were foreign contractors protecting the assets of the ultra wealthy - one company that was employing security in N.O was Isreali I believe. Blackwater, now called Academi, was down there as well. They even went in and began operations one whole week before they got a government contract from FEMA.
Please have the decency to not sweep with such a broad brush. As a contractor I would never do what you say I have no moral trouble doing. We are not all one living entity. We are individuals. I am so tired of contractors being wrapped up in such a bad light as if we are all of one mind.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:44   #58
expatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8ss View Post
Blackwater is not called Academi. Their name is now Z. They're fairly close to where I reside right now, just over the NC/VA line. As for my guns being taken, let them. They'll only get the ones they know about or can find. Good luck on getting all of them. Some places they are hidden are so good that I surprised myself with coming up with that particular location.
You are incorrect friend. Their name is not Z. It is now Academi. It was Xe (pronounced Z) But has been changed.

The company has been broken up a bit. I believe the training side is still called Blackwater U.S. Training Center, and there may or may not still be a Blackwater Air. There is /was a Greystone who did some security work but the remaining bulk of the security side as far as I know is Academi.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:59   #59
TN.Frank
Mad Hatter

Handguns, lots and lots of handguns. Easy to hide either on your person or in a hole covered by dirt. Can be used for defense or offense to obtain other guns. Handguns are the answer.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:24   #60
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Glock View Post
So some falsely claim. The Constitution says otherwise.
So the people who would ignore the COTUS by confiscating firearms, such as post-Katrina, would be inclined to care whether or not the COTUS was being violated?

The COTUS requires those in charge respect it for it to be effective.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote