SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-09-2012, 18:23   #521
boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jco69 View Post
No armorers, i tried to get some, but i never got a reply! BT Guiderods is attending, he has some nice SS rods and springs and he will be giving one of his 2 piece sets away :-)
Thanks J, well, whoever is there, who has what I want, gets my money.

I can buy from a lot of people online, prefer in person.
boozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 18:38   #522
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozer View Post
Speaking of vendors, any Glock armorers who plan on attending, I need a recoil spring assembly and a better connector for my police trade G22. It has a "+" connector now and it is a little (alot) stiff for me.

I am bringing some cash, who knows what else I might decide I need.

I have a long drive, I hope I don't miss out on a doughnut.
I am not an Armorer but putting a new connector in is easy I will bring my punches to do it if you want. also will bring my lone wolf manual with me if any one wants to make copies.
Old 04-09-2012, 19:03   #523
ignantmike

i'm bringing my g19 and g34 both gen 3.....high standard supermatic citation .22.....i'll see what else.....gotta g20 if anyone wants me to bring it?.....
rimfire club member #504

Last edited by ignantmike; 04-09-2012 at 19:27..
ignantmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 20:18   #524
TSiWRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin.45 View Post
It amazes me these instructors can fill classes. Prices of the class and ammo costs going up so much. Not many people have a grand to put towards a weekend of pistol training.
^ The Costa and Vogel classes are definitely priced as one would expect of trainers of their caliber. Cerino's prices are up there, too: I think he tries to keep it down for us, his locals, but still, they're on the expensive side, even though I do think the price-of-admission is worth the lessons and knowledge conveyed.

The "local" classes aren't so bad, though, but some can turn out to be ammo-intensive, simply depending on the drills run.

And ammo, unfortunately, is what it is! I'm glad I only shoot 9s.

Actually, last year and the year before (the latter is what I'd heard, since I didn't start until November of 2010), you were spot-on: due to the economy, a lot of classes were well less than half full.

Last edited by TSiWRX; 04-09-2012 at 20:28..
TSiWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 20:27   #525
evilspringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSiWRX View Post
^ The Costa and Vogel classes are definitely priced as one would expect of trainers of their caliber. Cerino's prices are up there, too: I think he tries to keep it down for us, his locals, but still, they're on the expensive side, even though I do think the price-of-admission is worth the lessons and knowledge conveyed.

The "local" classes aren't so bad, though, but some can turn out to be ammo-intensive, simply depending on the drills run.

And ammo, unfortunately, is what it is! I'm glad I only shoot 9s.
That's the biggest reason I have started reloading.
evilspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 20:31   #526
TSiWRX

^ I will, but it'll either be that we move to a different house, or after my daughter's moved away.

The way the forced-air is set up in our house, I couldn't safely (for her) do it, in my basement workshop. Our detached garage would be great to work out of, but as with most Shaker homes, it's a tight fit for even just our two cars.

I'm a nerdy scientist by day, and I really do enjoy benchtop work. Reloading appeals to me, in that way.

I know I need to really crank out rounds, in terms of 9s, to make reloading worth it (economically speaking, not in terms of time, which, I understand, you can never get back - but hey, that's why they call it a hobby, right?! ). But given how much I shoot a year (last year, it was around 40K rounds), I think it can be a money-saver.

Last edited by TSiWRX; 04-09-2012 at 20:33..
Old 04-09-2012, 20:41   #527
bug

Quote:
^ I will, but it'll either be that we move to a different house, or after my daughter's moved away.

The way the forced-air is set up in our house, I couldn't safely (for her) do it, in my basement workshop. Our detached garage would be great to work out of, but as with most Shaker homes, it's a tight fit for even just our two cars.

I'm a nerdy scientist by day, and I really do enjoy benchtop work. Reloading appeals to me, in that way.

I know I need to really crank out rounds, in terms of 9s, to make reloading worth it (economically speaking, not in terms of time, which, I understand, you can never get back - but hey, that's why they call it a hobby, right?! ). But given how much I shoot a year (last year, it was around 40K rounds), I think it can be a money-saver.

Holy **** balls my friends look at me weird when I say I might have shot 7.5k last year. not counting .22

where is that bowing smile...
yes here it is...

ETA: you should PM your links to local classes you take, I would like to take some more my self. I have only gone to a few and they are always eye openers and good fun.

Last edited by bug; 04-09-2012 at 20:44..
bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 20:46   #528
evilspringer

No s**t. That's a lot of rounds!!
Old 04-09-2012, 20:48   #529
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilspringer View Post
I bet the UPS guy wants to strangle him.

Last edited by bug; 04-09-2012 at 20:49..
bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 21:02   #530
TSiWRX

^ No comment. :lol:

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post
Holy **** balls my friends look at me weird when I say I might have shot 7.5k last year. not counting .22

where is that bowing smile...
yes here it is...

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilspringer View Post
Really, guys, no need for that smiley! <---- blush.

As I've come to learn, more isn't always better - and truth be told, I honestly believe that about half that was just wasted money sent downrange: me trying to "break through" the barrier of fatigue that, I now understand, isn't like long-distance running...that it's something that you should gradually build up tolerance to, and not try to "break." Given my skill-level and endurance at the beginning and through about half of last year, I think that if I'd shot only half as much, I'd have maybe gained a third more in terms of actual skill. Lesson learned!

I attended somewhere around 60 hours of paid training (not including the Ohio-CHL requirements, of-course), for the pistol, last year, which was also my first year shooting. I figure that being able to carry a concealed firearm was a big responsibility, so I wanted to be sure that I could do it as right as I possibly can. I figure that if I had to pull that gun, and some innocents or even my loved ones were hurt because I did something wrong, well, I'd never be able to live with myself. Between classes, solo range sessions to work on the fundamentals ("homework" ), and the need to "prove" each of my carry/HD pistols, well, 40K goes by pretty quick.

My goal for this year is to double my class-time (and not really worry about round-count). I'm on a good pace with the classes I've taken and what I've already locked-in for the spring/summer, but I need to finish strong, to be able to play it out.

And leading to that.....

Quote:
ETA: you should PM your links to local classes you take, I would like to take some more my self. I have only gone to a few and they are always eye openers and good fun.
Over the past year, I've frequented LMI, Commence FireARMS Academy, and Three Tango Firearms Academy. LMI's firearms training arm is temporarily disbanded, because of just that very same economic concern that ronin.45 mentioned - I really hope that Ron brings it back, though, as he's an amazing teacher. Commence FireARMS and Three Tango, though, are both still strong.

I plan to re-take Commence Fire's Advanced Handgun 1 one more time this year, as well as take their AH2 progression.

Chris Cerino's civilian pistol courses are definitely on my "want to do list," too.

I also want to repeat both Defensive Handgun 1 and DH2 with Three Tango.

So far, Commence Fire and Cerino have yet to publish their schedule for this year (the latter, Chris said he's not sure about civilian classes this year - I'm keeping my fingers crossed, though, as he's a really good teacher), and I'm hoping that I'll be able to book Three Tango's DH1 session on May 26th.

Last edited by TSiWRX; 04-09-2012 at 21:11..
Old 04-09-2012, 21:12   #531
TSiWRX

Dangit, jco69, sorry for having taken this thread off-track, yet again! :embarrassed:

Man, when people start talking about training, I just can't help myself!
Old 04-09-2012, 21:13   #532
bug

If you had a good time and learned something you did not know, then it was not wasted. if you did not let other things go to do it.

This summer I will be doing a rifle class that will cost me 3000 rounds of 223!
No regrets just good times with my little girl when she goes and good friends when they go.

Hope to make some more friends on Saturday..
See you all there.
I will be the ugly tall blond guy haha.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 04-09-2012, 21:13   #533
rhumphris

I will be there i just took my armorers class last week so i dont have any parts yet. But i can look your 22 over.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
rhumphris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:25   #534
ignantmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozer View Post
Speaking of vendors, any Glock armorers who plan on attending, I need a recoil spring assembly and a better connector for my police trade G22. It has a "+" connector now and it is a little (alot) stiff for me.

I am bringing some cash, who knows what else I might decide I need.

I have a long drive, I hope I don't miss out on a doughnut.
in addition to the + connector...do you have a ny1 trigger spring?.....i have a store by me that has a new recoil spring assb...for 10 bucks...and a standard connector for 7 bucks....do you want me to pick them up for you?......let me know......
rimfire club member #504
ignantmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:32   #535
58duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignantmike View Post
in addition to the + connector...do you have a ny1 trigger spring?.....i have a store by me that has a new recoil spring assb...for 10 bucks...and a standard connector for 7 bucks....do you want me to pick them up for you?......let me know......
i have an extra NY1 spring if you need one . . .
i'm looking for a 3.5# connector . . .
Old 04-10-2012, 07:21   #536
TSiWRX

Quote:
Hope to make some more friends on Saturday..
See you all there.
I will be the ugly tall blond guy haha.
I'll be the ugly fat Chinese guy in jeans, a black T-shirt, and ball-cap.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:24   #537
jco69

Quote:
I'll be the ugly fat Chinese guy in jeans, a black T-shirt, and ball-cap.
Damn man! Thats what I was going to wear!!

Guess, I'll be the bald guy in jeans and a black T-shirt
Rimfire club member #817
NRA member
GSSF member

Last edited by jco69; 04-10-2012 at 07:31..
jco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:07   #538
evilspringer

Yup, I'll be the short Asian dude wearing jeans and a black t-shirt
Old 04-10-2012, 10:45   #539
jco69

I just got off the phone with Gary Clarke from www.samanddavesguncare.com, super nice guy and he makes a great 100% American made product which you'll be able to check out at the meet. He has offered all GT members a 15% discount if you are interested in purchasing. Just give him a call and tell him you are from GT when you order.

Thanks,
John
Rimfire club member #817
NRA member
GSSF member

Last edited by jco69; 04-10-2012 at 10:46..
jco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:46   #540
TSiWRX

@ jco69 and evilspringer

Yeah, I'm pretty much always in a black Old Navy $5 T and Old Navy jeans. I don't really ever have to dress up for work. Actually, they're lucky I put on pants.

Last edited by TSiWRX; 04-10-2012 at 10:47..