Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:34   #61
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

You're going to confuse him with evidence, AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:55   #62
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg0245 View Post
So you're now asserting the fact that there isn't sufficient evidence to support your assertion is evidence of a miraculous event?
I've been told in the past that the best proof of the resurrection is the fact that Jesus' body has never been found.

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:25   #63
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Now that I've had a chance to watch the video, I have to say that I'm am a little surprised at how you accepted it without giving it any scrutiny. Unless I'm terribly mistaken, I've always been under the impression that you are an LEO; I know that you are better trained at reviewing facts and evidence than what you've done here.

Let's take a look at the unprofessional quality of the video itself, first. It starts with a bible lesson lasting until about 4:30 in. Then the presentation of evidence last for approximately fifty seconds. The remainder of time is spent saying the "The bible is true, science wrong." When it's time to present evidence, notice how the quality of the video immediately drops from the moderate resolution used for the bible lesson, to grainy, low res, barely recognizable pictures of wheels, some bones, one of which supposedly analyzed in Sweden using American currency as a size comparison, a horse hoof with the labels intentionally distorted, and an underwater dust cloud, which I could not make out anything they might be wanting the viewer to see. Using low res images like that is similar to the conspiracy theorists parading around the Viking 1 photo of the face on Mars and claiming it is proof of alien life and a NASA cover up. This tactic immediately sets off my BS alarm.

Next, we'll take a quick look at the alleged evidence presented. They left out some important information. WHO found the artifacts? WHAT are his credentials and WHY does he think this is from an ancient Egyptian army rather than a shipwreck. After all, it is much more common for us to discover unknown shipwrecks than it is to find the remnants of an ancient army wandering around mermaid hunting. WHY was there no mention by the Egyptians, from whom we have recovered many records, of the loss of the army or slaves? WHERE is the rest of the army?

Also, why did the discoverers feel that a short, vague Youtube video was the best way to publicize important evidence like this? Why not bring it to the attention of the Discovery or History channels, or maybe Reuters or some other news outlet? FOX, CNN, MSNBC, and Drudge all missed this story? Do we now have evidence of a vast conspiracy by liberal media (even though Discovery, History, FOX and Drudge can hardly be called liberal) to cover up the truth about the bible or is this a case of the argument having no substance?

Since I don't have a fitting conclusion for what has turned into a short essay answer, I will leave with a quote.

"The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake. You dream about going up there, but that is a big mistake." That's from Sebastian, the wise talking crab.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:39   #64
scccdoc

Very good archaeological evidence to support our belief in God. Unfortunately , until every fact in the Bible can be proven,the atheist will deny the existence of God. The recent thread " An Atheist asks Atheists a Question." , revealed that the only way an atheist would believe in God is if they witnessed an undeniable miracle. I would like to personally thank you for the evidence you've presented. It has reinforced my faith and hopefully impacted those reading this forum who may be undecided about asking the Lord to come into their lives.Your body of work on this board is impressive. In Christ,
DOC
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:11   #65
dbcooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Very good archaeological evidence to support our belief in God. Unfortunately , until every fact in the Bible can be proven,the atheist will deny the existence of God. The recent thread " An Atheist asks Atheists a Question." , revealed that the only way an atheist would believe in God is if they witnessed an undeniable miracle. I would like to personally thank you for the evidence you've presented. It has reinforced my faith and hopefully impacted those reading this forum who may be undecided about asking the Lord to come into their lives.Your body of work on this board is impressive. In Christ,
DOC
If the Bible is true no proof can ever be found. Proof means there is no need for faith.
dbcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:20   #66
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcooper;18825568[B
]If the Bible is true no proof can ever be found.[/B] Proof means there is no need for faith.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
really?
Old 04-10-2012, 09:39   #67
dbcooper

Quote:
[/B]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
really?
Really
dbcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:49   #68
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Quote:
Very good archaeological evidence to support our belief in God.No it's not. It's not even good evidence that the Israelites ever left Egypt. Unfortunately , until every fact in the Bible can be proven,the atheist will deny the existence of God.You can't even provide evidence that a single supernatural event actually happened. Why are you bothering to talk about EVERY "fact"? The recent thread " An Atheist asks Atheists a Question." , revealed that the only way an atheist would believe in God is if they witnessed an undeniable miracle.Apparently many christians in antiquity witnessed miracles. How come they no longer occur? I would like to personally thank you for the evidence you've presented.There's no evidence. It has reinforced my faith and hopefully impacted those reading this forum who may be undecided about asking the Lord to come into their lives.Your body of work on this board is impressive. In Christ,
DOC

Old 04-10-2012, 10:14   #69
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Same ole same ole.Do you not understand? Believe as you wish,I believe something different. I see evidence,you don't.We'll see how it works out in the end..............
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57   #70
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Same ole same ole.Do you not understand? Believe as you wish,I believe something different. I see evidence,you don't.We'll see how it works out in the end..............
You're seeing evidence where you want to see it, just like my example of the face on Mars; rather than where it might actually exist.

Are you able to answer any of my questions?

Last edited by Woofie; 04-10-2012 at 10:58..
Old 04-10-2012, 11:05   #71
scccdoc

Quote:
You're seeing evidence where you want to see it, just like my example of the face on Mars; rather than where it might actually exist.

Are you able to answer any of my questions?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Didn't know it was my turn to answer your questions.This Muskie "thing" has you really worked up,huh?BTW,I see "evidence" that makes sense to me.You have a problem with people having differing opinions?
Old 04-10-2012, 12:10   #72
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Didn't know it was my turn to answer your questions.This Muskie "thing" has you really worked up,huh?BTW,I see "evidence" that makes sense to me.You have a problem with people having differing opinions?
How is your argument with muscogee relevant to this discussion?

Facts and evidence are not matters of opinion. You can hold the opinion that corn tastes good. Your opinion is not involved when it comes to determining that corn is a vegetable. It is a fact, and all evidence you could collect will support that corn is a vegetable.

A picture of a wheel underwater is not evidence that god parted the Red Sea and drowned an army, allowing the entire Hebrew civilization to escape slavery. Nor is it evidence that saves ever existed in ancient Egypt.

You're looking at the face on Mars.

Religious Issues

Obviously you aren't obligated to answer any of my questions, but you are continuing to assert that this video constitutes evidence when it is has already been demonstrated otherwise. That doesn't help your position. So I'll ask again, can you answer the questions I've already posed?

Old 04-10-2012, 12:23   #73
G23Gen4TX

Quote:
How is your argument with muscogee relevant to this discussion?

Facts and evidence are not matters of opinion. You can hold the opinion that corn tastes good. Your opinion is not involved when it comes to determining that corn is a vegetable. It is a fact, and all evidence you could collect will support that corn is a vegetable.

A picture of a wheel underwater is not evidence that god parted the Red Sea and drowned an army, allowing the entire Hebrew civilization to escape slavery. Nor is it evidence that saves ever existed in ancient Egypt.

You're looking at the face on Mars.

Religious Issues

Obviously you aren't obligated to answer any of my questions, but you are continuing to assert that this video constitutes evidence when it is has already been demonstrated otherwise. That doesn't help your position. So I'll ask again, can you answer the questions I've already posed?
You are trying to be logical with brainwashed people. It doesn't work.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:29   #74
ksg0245

Quote:
Very good archaeological evidence to support our belief in God.
A wheel in a lake isn't "very good archaeological evidence" of a deity; it's evidence of a wheel in a lake.

Quote:
Unfortunately , until every fact in the Bible can be proven,the atheist will deny the existence of God.
No, until objective, verifiable evidence of your deity is presented, atheists will reject your assertion it exists.

I have an uncle who lives in Boulder, Colorado; I've been there lots of times. Is that objective, verifiable evidence that Steven King's "The Stand" is a true story?

Quote:
The recent thread " An Atheist asks Atheists a Question." , revealed that the only way an atheist would believe in God is if they witnessed an undeniable miracle.
Is there a problem with that?

Quote:
I would like to personally thank you for the evidence you've presented. It has reinforced my faith and hopefully impacted those reading this forum who may be undecided about asking the Lord to come into their lives.Your body of work on this board is impressive. In Christ,
DOC
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:40   #75
Roering
Sorting nuts

Yes there have been places or happenings stated in scripture that have recently been "discovered" either by archeology or different disciplines of science but that doesn't really mean anything.

It's not a science book.

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 13:10   #76
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
Yes there have been places or happenings stated in scripture that have recently been "discovered" either by archeology or different disciplines of science but that doesn't really mean anything.

It's not a science book.
There have also been places and events accurately stated in Star Trek, but that doesn't prove that Chancellor Gorkon is the key to peace between the Federation and the Klingon Empire, only that the writer's were aware of the location of San Fransisco in 1986 and the fact that humpback whales are endangered.

Old 04-10-2012, 13:20   #77
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg0245 View Post
Originally Posted by scccdoc Religious Issues
Very good archaeological evidence to support our belief in God.

A wheel in a lake isn't "very good archaeological evidence" of a deity; it's evidence of a wheel in a lake.
Didn't say it was proof of a deity,just verification of a Biblical account which includes my God 's role in a certain place at a certain time.Atheists here deny the crossing of the Red Sea ever existed

Unfortunately , until every fact in the Bible can be proven,the atheist will deny the existence of God.

No, until objective, verifiable evidence of your deity is presented, atheists will reject your assertion it exists.
Yeah,I said that in a previous post ,but thanks for echoing my comment

I have an uncle who lives in Boulder, Colorado; I've been there lots of times. Is that objective, verifiable evidence that Steven King's "The Stand" is a true story?
I don't care about your analogy

The recent thread " An Atheist asks Atheists a Question." , revealed that the only way an atheist would believe in God is if they witnessed an undeniable miracle.

Is there a problem with that?
None,maybe you should read the post,I applauded the OP for the topic, and that was a paraphrase of a poster

Are you making a point or trying to start an argument ,neither is "on target".
Old 04-10-2012, 13:29   #78
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
There have also been places and events accurately stated in Star Trek, but that doesn't prove that Chancellor Gorkon is the key to peace between the Federation and the Klingon Empire, only that the writer's were aware of the location of San Fransisco in 1986 and the fact that humpback whales are endangered.
precisely

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 13:41   #79
Lone Wolf8634
Misanthrope

Quote:

Step 1: Stick fingers in ears.

Step 2: Yell loudly "I CAN'T HEAR YOU, NYAA NYAA NYAA!"

Step 3: Repeat step 2 as many times as necessary.

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Lone Wolf8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 14:00   #80
ksg0245

Quote:
Didn't say it was proof of a deity,
Nor did I; I said it isn't evidence of a miraculous event.

Quote:
just verification of a Biblical account which includes my God 's role in a certain place at a certain time.
It isn't that, either.

Quote:
Atheists here deny the crossing of the Red Sea ever existed
They deny there was a miraculous event, because no evidence of a miraculous event has been presented. A wheel in a lake isn't evidence of a miraculous event.

Quote:
Yeah,I said that in a previous post ,but thanks for echoing my comment
No, in fact you said "until every fact in the Bible can be proven,the atheist will deny the existence of God," which isn't actually true. Rejecting your unsupported assertion isn't the same thing as denying the existence of your deity; it's merely rejecting your unsupported assertion.

Quote:
I'm not surprised, since it points out the flaws in your argument.

Quote:
None,maybe you should read the post,I applauded the OP for the topic and that was a paraphrase of a poster
You appeared to be objecting to atheists requesting objective, verifiable evidence, which, in light of your position that a wheel in a lake is "verification of a Biblical account which includes my God 's role in a certain place at a certain time," seemed a reasonable conclusion.

Quote:
Are you making a point or trying to start an argument ,neither is "on target".
Looks like a tight group in the ten ring to me.
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote