GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 19:05   #51
TKM
Lifetime Membership
Shiny Member
 
TKM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Just another ball of mud.
Posts: 3,268
Friedrich Nietzsche -
- A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows us that faith proves nothing.

__________________
Hey, I've been in a firefight before!
Well, I was in a fire.
Actually, I was fired from a fry-cook opportunity.
TKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 21:45   #52
G23Gen4TX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,152
LOL at the logic on Kingarthurhk.

I mean, if you found a line of hundreds of chariots in a perfect line between the two presumed points of crossings then I would say you have something but one or two wheels?
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 17:30   #53
ksg0245
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I have listed a cause, and demonstrated by physical evidence the result.
No, you have listed a miraculous claim, and then asserted that some vague, mundane evidence supports that miraculous claim.
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 19:18   #54
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by G23Gen4TX View Post
LOL at the logic on Kingarthurhk.

I mean, if you found a line of hundreds of chariots in a perfect line between the two presumed points of crossings then I would say you have something but one or two wheels?
Chariots from the bronze age buried in a sea for that long, might have faced some disturbances.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 19:21   #55
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japle View Post
Cortez didnít have boats on his walk to Mexico City from the sea. Does that mean he didnít transport anything by boat from Cuba to the mainland?
Interesting, considering they were coming from Hispanola, a little island from the ocean, and not the sea. Also, remarkably the Spaniards weren't slaves for some 400 years in the desert, and heading into the desert.

The next time you decide to go hiking in the malpais of New Mexico, or go treking through the Sonoran dessert, don't forget to bring a kyak.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 19:59   #56
Japle
John, Viera, Fl
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Viera, Florida
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japle:
Cortez didnít have boats on his walk to Mexico City from the sea. Does that mean he didnít transport anything by boat from Cuba to the mainland?

Response by Kingarthurhk:
Interesting, considering they were coming from Hispanola, a little island from the ocean, and not the sea. Also, remarkably the Spaniards weren't slaves for some 400 years in the desert, and heading into the desert.
That, I must admit, is the most deliberately obtuse response Iíve read. Ever.

Are you saying Cortez didnít cross the Caribbean Sea to get to Mexico?

Are you saying slavery in Spain has any connection whatsoever to your claims about Moses parting the Red Sea?

I suspect your response is a way of muddying the waters (pun intended) because you know that video you linked to on the OP is impossible to defend.

Quote:
The next time you decide to go hiking in the malpais of New Mexico, or go treking through the Sonoran dessert, don't forget to bring a kyak.
Iíve spent many happy hours hiking and hunting in the Sonoran desert. I always brought a gun or two.

What does carrying a kayak through the desert have to do with your claims about Moses parting the Red Sea?
Japle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 21:58   #57
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 9,883
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
There is no historical evidence of the Egyptians using any body of water for transport other than the Nile. The body of water in question is clearly not the Nile.
Interestingly enough, there is no evidence outside the bible that the Israelites ever existed as slaves in Egypt.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" - youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 23:03   #58
G23Gen4TX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
Interestingly enough, there is no evidence outside the bible that the Israelites ever existed as slaves in Egypt.
True.

I wish there was something in Egypt that would prove it but there isn't.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:23   #59
ksg0245
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
Chariots from the bronze age buried in a sea for that long, might have faced some disturbances.
So you're now asserting the fact that there isn't sufficient evidence to support your assertion is evidence of a miraculous event?
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:29   #60
eracer
Where's my EBT?
 
eracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 6,722
The bible is a mythological document. As such it contains truths mixed with primitive misunderstandings. There are historical events documented in the bible, and certainly there will be some evidence of those events, places, etc.

But many of those stories are based on hyperbole and simple bewilderment.
__________________
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:34   #61
GreenDrake
Rip Lips
 
GreenDrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 7,637
You're going to confuse him with evidence, AM.
__________________
"Can you FLY, Bobby?"
P229 EDC
GreenDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:55   #62
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 9,883
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg0245 View Post
So you're now asserting the fact that there isn't sufficient evidence to support your assertion is evidence of a miraculous event?
I've been told in the past that the best proof of the resurrection is the fact that Jesus' body has never been found.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" - youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:25   #63
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 9,883
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Now that I've had a chance to watch the video, I have to say that I'm am a little surprised at how you accepted it without giving it any scrutiny. Unless I'm terribly mistaken, I've always been under the impression that you are an LEO; I know that you are better trained at reviewing facts and evidence than what you've done here.

Let's take a look at the unprofessional quality of the video itself, first. It starts with a bible lesson lasting until about 4:30 in. Then the presentation of evidence last for approximately fifty seconds. The remainder of time is spent saying the "The bible is true, science wrong." When it's time to present evidence, notice how the quality of the video immediately drops from the moderate resolution used for the bible lesson, to grainy, low res, barely recognizable pictures of wheels, some bones, one of which supposedly analyzed in Sweden using American currency as a size comparison, a horse hoof with the labels intentionally distorted, and an underwater dust cloud, which I could not make out anything they might be wanting the viewer to see. Using low res images like that is similar to the conspiracy theorists parading around the Viking 1 photo of the face on Mars and claiming it is proof of alien life and a NASA cover up. This tactic immediately sets off my BS alarm.

Next, we'll take a quick look at the alleged evidence presented. They left out some important information. WHO found the artifacts? WHAT are his credentials and WHY does he think this is from an ancient Egyptian army rather than a shipwreck. After all, it is much more common for us to discover unknown shipwrecks than it is to find the remnants of an ancient army wandering around mermaid hunting. WHY was there no mention by the Egyptians, from whom we have recovered many records, of the loss of the army or slaves? WHERE is the rest of the army?

Also, why did the discoverers feel that a short, vague Youtube video was the best way to publicize important evidence like this? Why not bring it to the attention of the Discovery or History channels, or maybe Reuters or some other news outlet? FOX, CNN, MSNBC, and Drudge all missed this story? Do we now have evidence of a vast conspiracy by liberal media (even though Discovery, History, FOX and Drudge can hardly be called liberal) to cover up the truth about the bible or is this a case of the argument having no substance?

Since I don't have a fitting conclusion for what has turned into a short essay answer, I will leave with a quote.

"The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake. You dream about going up there, but that is a big mistake." That's from Sebastian, the wise talking crab.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" - youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:39   #64
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Very good archaeological evidence to support our belief in God. Unfortunately , until every fact in the Bible can be proven,the atheist will deny the existence of God. The recent thread " An Atheist asks Atheists a Question." , revealed that the only way an atheist would believe in God is if they witnessed an undeniable miracle. I would like to personally thank you for the evidence you've presented. It has reinforced my faith and hopefully impacted those reading this forum who may be undecided about asking the Lord to come into their lives.Your body of work on this board is impressive. In Christ,
DOC
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:11   #65
dbcooper
Senior Member
 
dbcooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Very good archaeological evidence to support our belief in God. Unfortunately , until every fact in the Bible can be proven,the atheist will deny the existence of God. The recent thread " An Atheist asks Atheists a Question." , revealed that the only way an atheist would believe in God is if they witnessed an undeniable miracle. I would like to personally thank you for the evidence you've presented. It has reinforced my faith and hopefully impacted those reading this forum who may be undecided about asking the Lord to come into their lives.Your body of work on this board is impressive. In Christ,
DOC
If the Bible is true no proof can ever be found. Proof means there is no need for faith.
dbcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:20   #66
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcooper;18825568[B
]If the Bible is true no proof can ever be found.[/B] Proof means there is no need for faith.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
really?
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:39   #67
dbcooper
Senior Member
 
dbcooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
[/B]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
really?
Really
dbcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:49   #68
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 9,883
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Very good archaeological evidence to support our belief in God.No it's not. It's not even good evidence that the Israelites ever left Egypt. Unfortunately , until every fact in the Bible can be proven,the atheist will deny the existence of God.You can't even provide evidence that a single supernatural event actually happened. Why are you bothering to talk about EVERY "fact"? The recent thread " An Atheist asks Atheists a Question." , revealed that the only way an atheist would believe in God is if they witnessed an undeniable miracle.Apparently many christians in antiquity witnessed miracles. How come they no longer occur? I would like to personally thank you for the evidence you've presented.There's no evidence. It has reinforced my faith and hopefully impacted those reading this forum who may be undecided about asking the Lord to come into their lives.Your body of work on this board is impressive. In Christ,
DOC
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" - youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14   #69
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Same ole same ole.Do you not understand? Believe as you wish,I believe something different. I see evidence,you don't.We'll see how it works out in the end..............
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57   #70
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 9,883
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Same ole same ole.Do you not understand? Believe as you wish,I believe something different. I see evidence,you don't.We'll see how it works out in the end..............
You're seeing evidence where you want to see it, just like my example of the face on Mars; rather than where it might actually exist.

Are you able to answer any of my questions?
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" - youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS

Last edited by Woofie; 04-10-2012 at 10:58..
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:05   #71
scccdoc
Senior Member
 
scccdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
You're seeing evidence where you want to see it, just like my example of the face on Mars; rather than where it might actually exist.

Are you able to answer any of my questions?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Didn't know it was my turn to answer your questions.This Muskie "thing" has you really worked up,huh?BTW,I see "evidence" that makes sense to me.You have a problem with people having differing opinions?
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:10   #72
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 9,883
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Didn't know it was my turn to answer your questions.This Muskie "thing" has you really worked up,huh?BTW,I see "evidence" that makes sense to me.You have a problem with people having differing opinions?
How is your argument with muscogee relevant to this discussion?

Facts and evidence are not matters of opinion. You can hold the opinion that corn tastes good. Your opinion is not involved when it comes to determining that corn is a vegetable. It is a fact, and all evidence you could collect will support that corn is a vegetable.

A picture of a wheel underwater is not evidence that god parted the Red Sea and drowned an army, allowing the entire Hebrew civilization to escape slavery. Nor is it evidence that saves ever existed in ancient Egypt.

You're looking at the face on Mars.

Religious Issues

Obviously you aren't obligated to answer any of my questions, but you are continuing to assert that this video constitutes evidence when it is has already been demonstrated otherwise. That doesn't help your position. So I'll ask again, can you answer the questions I've already posed?
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" - youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:23   #73
G23Gen4TX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
How is your argument with muscogee relevant to this discussion?

Facts and evidence are not matters of opinion. You can hold the opinion that corn tastes good. Your opinion is not involved when it comes to determining that corn is a vegetable. It is a fact, and all evidence you could collect will support that corn is a vegetable.

A picture of a wheel underwater is not evidence that god parted the Red Sea and drowned an army, allowing the entire Hebrew civilization to escape slavery. Nor is it evidence that saves ever existed in ancient Egypt.

You're looking at the face on Mars.

Religious Issues

Obviously you aren't obligated to answer any of my questions, but you are continuing to assert that this video constitutes evidence when it is has already been demonstrated otherwise. That doesn't help your position. So I'll ask again, can you answer the questions I've already posed?
You are trying to be logical with brainwashed people. It doesn't work.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:29   #74
ksg0245
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Very good archaeological evidence to support our belief in God.
A wheel in a lake isn't "very good archaeological evidence" of a deity; it's evidence of a wheel in a lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Unfortunately , until every fact in the Bible can be proven,the atheist will deny the existence of God.
No, until objective, verifiable evidence of your deity is presented, atheists will reject your assertion it exists.

I have an uncle who lives in Boulder, Colorado; I've been there lots of times. Is that objective, verifiable evidence that Steven King's "The Stand" is a true story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
The recent thread " An Atheist asks Atheists a Question." , revealed that the only way an atheist would believe in God is if they witnessed an undeniable miracle.
Is there a problem with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
I would like to personally thank you for the evidence you've presented. It has reinforced my faith and hopefully impacted those reading this forum who may be undecided about asking the Lord to come into their lives.Your body of work on this board is impressive. In Christ,
DOC
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:40   #75
Roering
Sorting nuts
 
Roering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,427
Yes there have been places or happenings stated in scripture that have recently been "discovered" either by archeology or different disciplines of science but that doesn't really mean anything.

It's not a science book.
__________________
=================================
Warranty voiding
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:47.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,096
347 Members
749 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42