Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:08   #1
bigmoney890

Used Noveske N4

Just saw a coyote tan Noveske N4 with magpul mbus, 13" Troy Ind. Alpha Rail, and Vltor collapsible stock for $1199. Seem like a good deal?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:15   #2
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular

Is it a complete Noveske? IMO if you drop $$$ on a Noveske, you are paying for the barrel and rollmarks. (ETA: Or optional Gen II lowers and switchblock) Try to check the barrel markings and see if they match up to factory markings.

Last edited by LA_357SIG; 04-10-2012 at 12:50.. Reason: So no butt is left hurt.
LA_357SIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:32   #3
bigmoney890

Yes, it's a complete Noveske, but I was in a hurry so I put a quick 10% down and had to run. Ill look closer next week when I go make a payment. I actually went in to get a lower receiver, but they are on order. So I figure if there turns out to be something fishy with it, I can just apply the 10% to my lower instead

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:48   #4
cyphertext

Send Javelin a PM and ask him what to look for to make sure of what you are getting, and advice on price.
cyphertext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:31   #5
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
Send Javelin a PM and ask him what to look for to make sure of what you are getting, and advice on price.
Agreed.
Old 04-10-2012, 13:05   #6
bigmoney890

Just sent him a PM, thanks everyone
Old 04-10-2012, 16:11   #7
GSSF17
...2 of 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
Just saw a coyote tan Noveske N4 with magpul mbus, 13" Troy Ind. Alpha Rail, and Vltor collapsible stock for $1199. Seem like a good deal?
Assuming it is all legit, then definitely yes.
-Rimfire Club#1097 -Florida Glockers Club#1097 -Black Rifle Club #1097 -Certified Glock Armorer

RIP John Noveske- 1976 - 2013
GSSF17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 16:37   #8
bigmoney890

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSSF17 View Post
Assuming it is all legit, then definitely yes.
Eh, there's always a catch when I find something I like. Just called up there are talked to the guy to get all the specs down.

Noveske Complete Lower w/ Vltor Stock
DPMS Upper, 16 inch Stainless Barrel
Unknown BCG, probably DPMS also
13" Troy Vtac Rail, Not the Alpha
Troy Evil Muzzle brake

Might be a good riffle, but not for $1199, especially not that much for it used. But again, anyone have any feedback?
Old 04-10-2012, 16:56   #9
GSSF17
...2 of 'em

Quote:
Eh, there's always a catch when I find something I like. Just called up there are talked to the guy to get all the specs down.

Troy Evil Muzzle brake

Might be a good riffle, but not for $1199, especially not that much for it used. But again, anyone have any feedback?

SCREEEEECHHHH! Put on the brakes.... DPMS barrel, upper, and likely BCG as well? No way. Apply your 10% to a lower, and good luck
-Rimfire Club#1097 -Florida Glockers Club#1097 -Black Rifle Club #1097 -Certified Glock Armorer

RIP John Noveske- 1976 - 2013
GSSF17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 17:00   #10
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:

Troy Evil Muzzle brake

Quote:
SCREEEEECHHHH! Put on the brakes.... DPMS barrel, upper, and likely BCG as well? No way. Apply your 10% to a lower, and good luck
Put on the brakes, then haul ass the other direction. That's way overblown for anything with a DPMS upper that isn't in .308. Talk about putting lipstick on a pig, yikes.
Old 04-10-2012, 17:09   #11
bigmoney890

Quote:
That's what I shall do on monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Put on the brakes, then haul ass the other direction. That's way overblown for anything with a DPMS upper that isn't in .308. Talk about putting lipstick on a pig, yikes.
Yeah I shouldnt have known something was up. While I was waiting for the paperwork to be drawn up, i was browsing the AR's closest to the Register, which was a rack of DPMS. All were over 1K and none were .308, I shouldve ran then...
Old 04-10-2012, 17:13   #12
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
That's what I shall do on monday

Yeah I shouldnt have known something was up. While I was waiting for the paperwork to be drawn up, i was browsing the AR's closest to the Register, which was a rack of DPMS. All were over 1K and none were .308, I shouldve ran then...
Yeah, you should have. By the way, my favorite haunt in Fayetteville is backordered on almost all AR parts at this point, upwards of 12 weeks on barrels, I believe.

Edit: Gotta ask, who the hell was selling DPMS for over a grand?

Last edited by WoodenPlank; 04-10-2012 at 17:13..
WoodenPlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 17:19   #13
bigmoney890

Quote:
Yeah, you should have. By the way, my favorite haunt in Fayetteville is backordered on almost all AR parts at this point, upwards of 12 weeks on barrels, I believe.

Edit: Gotta ask, who the hell was selling DPMS for over a grand?
Yeah, Minutemen Tactical who I like to use is back ordered for months on all lowers. Plenty of LPK's, handguards, stocks, etc. But no lowers or uppers...

It was Jims Gun Warehouse, also known as jims pawn shop.

Shooters supply where you usually go right? I got a bad taste in my mouth last time I went because they had a Gen3 G22 for $699 used. It had a dawson magwell, that's it. And the guy behind the counter couldnt explain why it was $200+ overpriced. Plus all of their Glocks were about $75 overpriced. Havnet been back since, but next time I'm in fayetteville and arent in a rush, Ill stop back by
Old 04-10-2012, 17:24   #14
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Yeah, Minutemen Tactical who I like to use is back ordered for months on all lowers. Plenty of LPK's, handguards, stocks, etc. But no lowers or uppers...

It was Jims Gun Warehouse, also known as jims pawn shop.

Shooters supply where you usually go right? I got a bad taste in my mouth last time I went because they had a Gen3 G22 for $699 used. It had a dawson magwell, that's it. And the guy behind the counter couldnt explain why it was $200+ overpriced. Plus all of their Glocks were about $75 overpriced. Havnet been back since, but next time I'm in fayetteville and arent in a rush, Ill stop back by
Well there's your problem (in bold).

Are you sure that was Shooters? I've never seen a used Glock for anywhere near $699 in there that I can remember, and they usually run at or just under MSRP on new Glocks - cheaper if you know how to avoid getting hit with the idiot tax. Marty and John are the to guys to talk to behind the counter, but John is usually up to his eyeballs in AR parts in the back, often un-****ing some AR that a GI or another gun shop buggered up.

Last edited by WoodenPlank; 04-10-2012 at 17:24..
WoodenPlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 18:12   #15
bigmoney890

Quote:
Well there's your problem (in bold).

Are you sure that was Shooters? I've never seen a used Glock for anywhere near $699 in there that I can remember, and they usually run at or just under MSRP on new Glocks - cheaper if you know how to avoid getting hit with the idiot tax. Marty and John are the to guys to talk to behind the counter, but John is usually up to his eyeballs in AR parts in the back, often un-****ing some AR that a GI or another gun shop buggered up.
Well ordinarily I stay away from places like Jims, but they have thousands of guns in stock and on display and IMO they have the best selection. I used to go to Ed's in southern pines but my family recently moved to bunnlevel which is right outside spring lake.

And yes, it was shooters supply, the building on the corner beside all the asian strip clubs

And i went in there on the advice of a friend and saw the prices and was discouraged. But then again, all the shops in our area price gouging since guns are apparently in short supply recently
Old 04-10-2012, 18:14   #16
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Well ordinarily I stay away from places like Jims, but they have thousands of guns in stock and on display and IMO they have the best selection. I used to go to Ed's in southern pines but my family recently moved to bunnlevel which is right outside spring lake.

And yes, it was shooters supply, the building on the corner beside all the asian strip clubs

And i went in there on the advice of a friend and saw the prices and was discouraged. But then again, all the shops in our area price gouging since guns are apparently in short supply recently
Yeah, last time I was home, they were all but out of Glocks, and were weeks out from getting more. That's definitely the right place, too. If you want some real entertainment, stand in front of the shop one day and count the prostitutes and drug dealers walking up and down Bragg Blvd...
Old 04-10-2012, 18:20   #17
bigmoney890

Quote:
Yeah, last time I was home, they were all but out of Glocks, and were weeks out from getting more. That's definitely the right place, too. If you want some real entertainment, stand in front of the shop one day and count the prostitutes and drug dealers walking up and down Bragg Blvd...
You just described my teenage years...
Old 04-10-2012, 18:22   #18
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
You just described my teenage years...
My girlfriend didn't understand why I own guns and carry everywhere until I took her to NC to meet my family, and we dropped by Shooters for a bit. All it took was one look at Bragg Blvd and she completely understood.
Old 04-10-2012, 18:26   #19
bigmoney890

Quote:
My girlfriend didn't understand why I own guns and carry everywhere until I took her to NC to meet my family, and we dropped by Shooters for a bit. All it took was one look at Bragg Blvd and she completely understood.
Exactly! I carry as often as I can, but the only places I go are work, class, and the liquor store on base. So I'm rarely able to carry anymore. But when I ride to Fayett-nam I ALWAYS carry.
Old 04-10-2012, 18:35   #20
HAIL CAESAR

Don"t buy it.