Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-19-2012, 21:03   #1
Bernie@Nexus

NEXUS SHOOTING: A new indoor range for South Florida!

Florida Glockers Club

Hi, everyone. I wanted to introduce our new indoor shooting range coming soon to Broward County. Here's a 3D rendering of our upcoming indoor range. As you can see, we are going all out on the range to make it one of the greatest indoor ranges in the country! We will be constructing a brand new building from the ground up and are hoping to open before the end of this year.

Check out our website here... www.nexusshooting.com The countdown timer is just there for effect. The actual opening may actually be earlier or later. There is an e-mail list signup on our website if you prefer to get updates by e-mail.

Here is our blog where we will post progress updates for the build... nexusshooting.blogspot.com

While we are in our planning phase, we are particularly interested in hearing what the shooting community would like to see in our new range. As you can see in our website content (copied below), we have already addressed the majority of the problems inherent in most indoor ranges. If there is something that we may have overlooked, please let us know! We want to make this YOUR ideal range!

GET READY FOR...
... THE MOST TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED, multi-million dollar indoor shooting facility around! Nexus Shooting Range will be all new construction built from the ground up. Experience realistic, practical, fun, and engaging practice with our computerized and moving targets.

... THE BEST VENTILATION SYSTEM available! You will no longer have to endure the hot, humid, smoke-filled air you've been breathing in those other indoor ranges! We will provide precision temperature controlled comfort regardless of how brutal the outside Florida heat and humidity is!

... RENTALS OF ENCLOSED BAYS so that you can do private sessions, group sessions, low-light training, shooting on the move, training behind cover, etc.

... RELAXED SHOOTING RULES. You will finally be able to train the way you've always wanted and needed to! We will work hard to ensure a safe environment for all shooters while allowing more experienced shooters the flexibility they need in training. - Rapid fire? OK! - Holster draws? NO PROBLEM! - Prone and other non-standing positions? YES! - Shoot your own ammo? ABSOLUTELY!

... SHORT WAIT TIMES! We will have more lanes than any other indoor range around! Currently, we are planning on between 30-40 lanes!

... EASY ACCESS to your new favorite range from anywhere in South Florida. Nexus Shooting will be located minutes off of I-95, I-595, and the Florida Turnpike in the heart of South Florida, allowing for quick access. Exact location to be announced shortly once final approval is granted.

... A WARM WELCOME to ALL shooters regardless of experience level. Specialized first-time shooter and women's training packages will be offered. Concealed carry license classes, tactical training, competition training, and law enforcement training are planned.

... THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE of any range ANYWHERE! Are you tired of the condescending, rude, "I know more about guns than you" attitude that unfortunately seems to be the norm at most gun shops? Our staff will be friendly, approachable, knowledgeable, and happy to have you at our establishment!

... THE NEXT EVOLUTION of indoor shooting experience at Nexus Shooting!

ARE YOU READY?

Florida Glockers Club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Bernie@Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 18:22   #2
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

Nice, next time I'm working in Broward I'll have to look it up.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:00   #3
noway

Where exactly in SFLA is this range to be located at? We do need more ranges, most ranges have piss poor parking, no space to do anything, and certain nights/day their's a backlog of shooters.

Markham is okay minus the RSO that are pissed poor in communications skills.

American Indoor usesd to be good, but has a quite well attentive staff

AZ indoor is small, but fair , but it has a nice gun/knives shop

Big Al, forgetabout it. Horrible by all counts

Weston Guns, over priced in all areas

Armory, a hidden range with great access off I95 , plenty of interesting finds but way overpriced for used guns

Revere same like AmericanIndoor, a smaller range not a lot of activity buy just okay

So nexus we really need you. We need adequate parking, we staff that knows guns and know shooters and are shooters. We need fair prices and we adequate space if we have to wait.
noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 19:28   #4
RYT 2BER

Looks nice... do everyone a favor... don't hire the usual d-bags, and go over to national armory... look at their prices for range time as what "not" to do.

$29.95 for 1/2 hr for long guns... just shameful... that's why I don't go there anymore..
Old 04-16-2012, 13:27   #5
ca survivor

looks good, good luck...
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:16   #6
HalfHazzard
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYT 2BER View Post
$29.95 for 1/2 hr for long guns... just shameful... that's why I don't go there anymore..
WTH, that's like an expensive long distance phone call of sorts. How are they still in business?
Old 04-17-2012, 14:51   #7
Eric2340
Infidel :)

Quote:
Looks nice... do everyone a favor... don't hire the usual d-bags, and go over to national armory... look at their prices for range time as what "not" to do.

Agreed, I about feel over when they told me $70 for my GF and I together shooting on ONE lane one after noon - w/ our own ammo. :(

Nice place, too high of fees though - will NOT go there again. :(
Old 04-28-2012, 14:08   #8
Bernie@Nexus

Thanks for all of the words of support and encouragement. It's great to see shooters with the same passion that we have for our project. I can assure you that every single point that was brought up thus far in the thread has been a consideration from square one. We saw the same things that everyone has commented on above... which is why we are doing this! Fair pricing, a clean and safe facility, easy access, great staff and service, and plenty of parking are just the tip of the iceberg for what we will be offering.

This past Tuesday we received UNANIMOUS approval from the city's Site Plan Committee. The only thing we have left is approval from the Town Council in May. The Council has been very supportive of our project from the beginning, so we don't anticipate any major issues. If all goes as planned, we should be breaking ground in a matter of weeks! We expect that once we break ground, the building will go up very quickly.

Old 05-02-2012, 15:42   #9
porschedog

Where will it be located? Or as we say here in SoFla, "Donde la range-a, por favor?"

And go to Gander's store in Palm Beach County to see the guy who works in the gun department who uses the "uber cool wrist snap" to close the cyclinder of a S&W. Use him as the "Who Not to hire" example.

NRA Life Member / Creepy-Ass Cracker
Florida Glockers #172126

Last edited by porschedog; 05-02-2012 at 15:44..
porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:29   #10
ace587

learn from Pembroke Gun and Range. flat fee and rapid fire allowed
ace587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:52   #11
porschedog

+1 for Pembroke Gun & Range's flat fee.

NRA Life Member / Creepy-Ass Cracker
Florida Glockers #172126
porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 14:15   #12
Bernie@Nexus

Hey, guys. Sorry for the delay in the update. Things are really getting hectic with the range setup... in a good way.

First update: We have been FULLY approved by the Town of Davie for the range! Stay tuned for more details on our exact location as well as our groundbreaking ceremony!

Florida Glockers Club

Second update: We are proud to announce that we have selected Action Target to outfit Nexus Shooting! Action Target is an industry leader and provides top quality products to the commercial, law enforcement, and military sectors. Specifically, we will be utilizing their innovative Total Containment Trap which utilizes steel ramps leading into a deceleration chamber where the bullet loses momentum and falls into a collection unit. This is a military/law enforcement grade setup and to our knowledge, no other commercial range uses this trap in South Florida.

This design is complete free of vertical structural elements which would otherwise cause ricochets and bullet splatter back towards the shooter. Utilizing this advanced system will allow our customers to shoot as close as just a few feet from the bullet trap in complete safety. In addition, the absence of vertical obstructions allows for cross lane shooting all the way from the first to the last lane. The trap is completely HEPA filtered by their patented Dust Collection Unit to capture any lead dust produced, ensuring for a clean and healthy shooting environment. Watch the video below to see the system in action!

Old 05-30-2012, 18:09   #13
GOCANES

Quote:

Wow, and I was complaining for $16.00 at our indoor range here in Louisiana..shoot all day. Or, drive a little farther and they have a fully equipped outdoor range, free everything incl targets, rests, ect. (run by state parks division).
Old 06-26-2012, 07:16   #14
kimbur

Looks like it is going to be an awesome range. Can't wait for it to open!
kimbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:21   #15
SgtThumper

Sounds like this is going to be 10 or 15 minutes from me. Awesome! Could be a new shooting home for me!
SgtThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 00:00   #16
mic_g19

I am seriously interested in working for Nexus when this facility opens. I would love it if someone could reach out to me regarding this....
Old 07-14-2012, 17:28   #17
PBCounty

Neat like Pete.....sounds great.
Old 07-14-2012, 19:14   #18
dhoomonyou

Try not to hire D BAGS for workers.
Smith & Wesson Club # 711
Do not demand accomplishment from those with no talent.
dhoomonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:40   #19
GlocknSpiehl
NRA Life Member

Is your bullet trap goping to be the same as the one at the NRA range in Virginia? If so, that is a great trap!
Old 07-16-2012, 15:18   #20
Bernie@Nexus

I'm not sure if the NRA range uses the Action Target TCT. I've only seen a few pictures, but it does indeed look like it utilizes a steel "escalator" type ramp trap which may or may not be Action Target's, but it is the same concept.

mic_g19, just sent you an e-mail.

Ground breaking ceremony should be in a few days!