SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-09-2012, 18:51   #1
gabs556

Ordering from Brownell's

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience ordering from Brownell's website then having the item shipped via UPS Express here to the Philippines. If so, did they ship it straight to your doorstep? Any other details to take note of or be aware of?

I know the shipping costs an arm and a leg but just curious.

TIA!
gabs556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 19:18   #2
mikekj

They take typically 7-10 days for me to get an order from them.

Midway, on the other hand is usually at my door in 3 days.

Glock Armorer
US Navy Veteran
NRA Life Member
mikekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 00:15   #3
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

They don't allow firearm parts and components, most night vision systems and some optics without an importation license.

They don't allow Philippine based credit cards with the intent of delivering restricted orders on US addresses as well.

If one does intend to order non restricted items I suggest emailing them first just to make sure and choosing the post office as courier. Because most often UPS and FEDEX have additional customs charges.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PMMA97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 00:18   #4
PMMA97
MNSAmessdetail

Midway, Cheaper than Dirt and some other outfit don't entertain locally based credit cards as well.

IMO, for unrestricted items best bet would be Cabelas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PMMA97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:42   #5
jimbullet

Brownells and Midway, dont typically want to accept international orders for parts unfortunately.

You may be able to find ways through an international consolidator where they will source it for you, then consolidate it into one package. This they will do for a fee but you need to supply the appropriate import permits.
BOG#125
PNZ#15130
PAASS Badge#3104
jimbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:08   #6
i_am_infinity
Pang Altar

I used to get order from Brownells, unfortunately now they would ask for an import license from the Gov't. No quick fix for this one.

BOG #6
i_am_infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 23:40   #7
CatsMeow

That would probably go for gun videos as well. I tried ordering a Magpul Dynamics Art of the Dynamic Shotgun DVD from Amazon.com, no dice.

Hunting scopes? Probably.
Old 04-10-2012, 23:55   #8
gabs556

Wow it's that bad huh...

How about if I ask someone who's coming home from the US to bring it in his/her check-in luggage? Will that work?

Items like: holsters and sights
Old 04-11-2012, 01:43   #9
jimbullet

Holsters should be okay. Not sure about sights going in PHL as that all now depends with the airport police. They have their own opinion on things....
BOG#125
PNZ#15130
PAASS Badge#3104
Old 04-11-2012, 01:50   #10
TSAX
USAF Vet

What are you ordering, I believe Lone Wolf has an international side, not sure if they do the Philippines.

GSSF Member

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:11   #11
jprj

Send a message via Yahoo to jprj

Im not encouraging this, but I know of someone who was able to bring home an after market barrel by mixing it with a bunch of tools.

Last edited by jprj; 04-11-2012 at 02:12..
jprj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:35   #12
gabs556

I really just want to order a holster and some night sights.

Will Brownell's allow those items? Or will having someone bring them home be a better option?

Thanks guys!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:18   #13
jimbullet

Brownells unfortunately wont do international orders so you'd have to make other suitable arrangements to get it in, Im afraid
BOG#125
PNZ#15130
PAASS Badge#3104
Old 04-11-2012, 05:30   #14
gabs556

That is most unfortunate... Oh well, thanks for the heads up guys!
Old 04-11-2012, 16:10   #15
4Rules

Brownells is an international exporter who will happily work with a customer to meet whatever legal obligations exist (vis a vis gun parts exportation from the USA).

International Sales
<http://www.brownells.com/aspx/general/international_sales.aspx>

DDTC Homepage
<http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/>

Quote:
Shop Online

Search Product Search
Shop by Firearm:

Manufacturer:(Show All Mfg)

GunTech™
Other Ways to Shop

Direct Stock EntryBand of Glockers
  • Stock Number
  • Qty
  • add more itemsAdd to Cart

SchematicsBand of Glockers

Promotions

New ProductsBand of Glockers Hot SellersBand of Glockers Clearance ItemsBand of Glockers RebatesBand of Glockers

Part 1: General Information, International
There are a number of items which Brownells sells which need US State Department approval and an export license before they can be shipped out of the country. The regulations are complex and constantly changing but our staff is here to help you understand what is needed and will gladly work with you to correctly accomplish the task.
Generally speaking, items which usually need a license are:
  • Frames
  • Receivers
  • Barrels
  • Barrel Liners
  • Various other gun parts such as triggers, sears, ejectors, magazine tubes, scopes, and other items if the ordered amount is over $100.00 US.
Licenses from the US State Department take time to receive. You will need a DSP-83 form from the US State Department for regulated items. It can easily take 30-60 days to obtain an export license, so plan ahead accordingly. Many other countries also require the buyer to apply for and receive an import permit or certificate in order to be able to import a licensed item into their country; so again, you will have to be aware of what the laws are for your country.
Brownells has an obligation to monitor our shipments for both direct and indirect exports. A direct export is when an order is placed by someone outside of the United States and then ships out of the US when all the required licenses and investigations have been successfully completed for that order. An indirect export is where an order is placed by a customer outside of the US and then is shipped to another location within the United States. Both of these examples could need an export license to take place.
There are a number of things which need to be checked and verified for an export order and Brownells is diligent to conduct the required procedures as specified by the law. Brownells will swiftly report any violations to the appropriate governing authorities of any potential customer which seeks to break those laws.
You will be required to provide an import permit or certificate from your government for us to include along with the export application for you order. You will also have to provide Brownells with a written order for the items you wish to order. This can be an official purchase order or a written order on your company’s letterhead, paragraphing in letter form the items you wish to order. Your signature is required on these items as well. The US Department of State also requires that your written order reflect that Brownells is the supplier your order is directed to. Failure to do so will cause your application to be denied. Unfortunately, the Brownells Order Form from our web site or our Web Order Confirmation cannot be accepted as a written order.
Exports of licensed products are regulated by various US Government agencies. The International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is administered by The Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) through the US Department of State. Click here for more information on License Support Documentation information from DDTC: http://pmddtc.state.gov
Other Web Resources
This is the Commerce Department EAR Section 731 Supplement No. 1 Country Chart. In this listing, if your country is listed on the chart and has an ‘X’ in the FC, CC1, CC2, CC3, AT1, OR AT2 columns, you will need an export permit.
This is the Commerce Department EAR Section 774 Category 0 listing. The following classifications will need a license:
ECCN 0A018 – Items which are on the Wassenaar Munitions List
ECCN 0A984 – Shotguns, barrel length 18 inches (45.72 cm) or over; buckshot shotgun shells; except equipment used exclusively to treat or tranquilize animals, and except arms designed solely for signal, flare, or saluting use; and parts, not elsewhere specified.
ECCN 0A987 – Optical sighting devices for firearms (including shotguns controlled by 0A984); and parts, not elsewhere specified.
Canadian customers can click here for information regarding firearms purchases: http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/faq/import_e.asp
Canadian customers can click here for information regarding firearms parts purchases: http://www.international.gc.ca/eicb/military/faq-en.asp
Canadian customers are required to provide and Import Authorization which states that you can import firearm components. Our Department of State will only accept a certified English translation of this import permit. DO NOT send your original copy because you will need it to receive the goods when they come to you.
If your country does not require an import license, you will need to post us a certified letter reflecting this information. Your written, signed order is required, as well as the guidelines previously mentioned. If you have any questions you may contact our Foreign Sales Department.

In fact, Brownells does do international orders, happily, politely, and legally.
4Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 16:13   #16
jimbullet

I tried to have Novak sights shipped internationally but was unfortunately declined sometime last year though
BOG#125
PNZ#15130
PAASS Badge#3104
Old 04-11-2012, 18:38   #17
4Rules

If you have any questions you may contact our Foreign Sales Department.

Old 04-11-2012, 22:43   #18
i_am_infinity
Pang Altar

As i have said in my previous post They would require an import Permit for the Philippines.

BOG #6
i_am_infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:17   #19
norman9X

What about Surefire weaponlights, are the allowed for handcarry or shipping to PH?
norman9X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:12   #20
4Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman9X View Post
What about Surefire weaponlights, are the allowed for handcarry or shipping to PH?
One issue with Surefire is the fact that the lithium batteries are included, and Brownells cannot ship the lithium batteries. If you want to order something like this, you'll have to make a special request for them to remove the lithium batteries from the package prior to shipment - which they are willing to do - to enable the order to go through.