Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 05:52   #301
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyofforty View Post
Well, the path Ron Paul walks he walks alone. Let's check his track record. Number of Ron Paul bills introduced and passed through Congress? Number of Ron Paul bills signed into law? Number of statewide electoral offices won by Ron Paul? So far I'm not seeing a good track record of convincing anyone but powerless loudmouths who are one small skip away from Occupy Wall Street to follow him or his ideas, but maybe I'm missing something. Occupy Glock Talk anyone?

You want more laws and bills introduced?

Old 04-13-2012, 06:06   #302
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
You want more laws and bills introduced?
Of course they do! Neocons (Republicans) absolutely LOVE big government!

More Laws!

More Laws!

More Laws!

Rush Limbaugh
Old 04-13-2012, 06:08   #303
Stubudd

[QUOTE=fortyofforty;18838389]Well, the path Ron Paul walks he walks alone. Let's check his track record. Number of Ron Paul bills introduced and passed through Congress? Number of Ron Paul bills signed into law? Number of statewide electoral offices won by Ron Paul? So far I'm not seeing a good track record of convincing anyone but powerless loudmouths who are one small skip away from Occupy Wall Street to follow him or his ideas, but maybe I'm missing something. Occupy Glock Talk anyone? [/QUOTE]

huhuhuhuhuhuh, ok beavis and butthead

Are you just too dense to make the connection that everything that is being passed is destroying us? The bills that do get passed invariably waste your money by the trillions, beavis, or infringe even more on your rights, or wreck all kinds of markets you have to live with, or myriad other disastrous outcomes for all the rest of us. Why do you cheer them on at it, butthead? Why would you try to make fun of the guy standing almost alone trying to undo some of this madness, trying to protect some of your rights and your money? Is it supposed to be funny that in washington this guy is basically on his own, that he can't get a bill through to repeal the patriot act or the NDAA or audit the fed or whatever? You think that's funny?

It's only funny if you're a progressive, or just insane. Which are you? Laughing at the only guy really trying to stop the madness- you have to be one or the other. Or a little of each, i guess that would do it. huhuhuhhhhuhh
Old 04-13-2012, 10:31   #304
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Of course they do! Neocons (Republicans) absolutely LOVE big government!

More Laws!

More Laws!

More Laws!
Fine. If you prefer, we can count the number of laws, programs and agencies that Ron has eliminated.

Gee, look at that---zero, same as the other.

He's incapable of building a coalition and advancing any type of agenda.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Old 04-13-2012, 10:41   #305
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Fine. If you prefer, we can count the number of laws, programs and agencies that Ron has eliminated.

Gee, look at that---zero, same as the other.

He's incapable of building a coalition and advancing any type of agenda.
That's one way to look at it. Another way would show all the bills that never passed because he voted against them.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:01   #306
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Well, a picture is worth a thousand words, usually. What is that printed on, who printed it, where, when, why??

Just about anyone could make that document at home in just a few minutes.
That's one of the "handouts" that the party establishment is handing out at the start of conventions in an attempt to get their annointed status quo delegates elected. They have no shame and don't even try to hide how they're trying to squeeze out Paul delegates. The good part is that it's not working very well overall. At the last convention I attended I was handed a piece of paper along with my delegate credentials that had the names of the people the party pre-selected and wanted me to vote for as delegates. No Paul delegates were listed....the list was all party establishment types (state reps, party workers, etc). It didn't work btw.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:03   #307
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
That's one way to look at it. Another way would show all the bills that never passed because he voted against them.
I'm not enough of a Capitol Hill wonk to track that, but it would be instructive.

The RPers are all lined up behind his vision and philosophy. (Which, come to think of it, was BO's attraction.) That'd be great, if we were voting for poet laureate to paint visions of what things should be.

We're not. We need an engineer in this job, not an artist. Our problems aren't going to be addressed by someone who can't build anything, no matter how pure his ideals are. Ron's had decades to show what he could achieve, and the list is unacceptably short.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Old 04-13-2012, 11:07   #308
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
I'm not enough of a Capitol Hill wonk to track that, but it would be instructive.

The RPers are all lined up behind his vision and philosophy. (Which, come to think of it, was BO's attraction.) That'd be great, if we were voting for poet laureate to paint visions of what things should be.

We're not. We need an engineer in this job, not an artist. Our problems aren't going to be addressed by someone who can't build anything, no matter how pure his ideals are. Ron's had decades to show what he could achieve, and the list is unacceptably short.
The one candidate that talks in details and specifics and brings up boring stuff like history is the "artist"? I see Romney as the ultimate artist, not unlike Obama was. Big flowery pictures of platitudes like "Hope and Change" with little to no substance behind it. Paul has a $1 trillion budget cut plan available on his website. How's that for being the engineer? Compare a Romney speech to a Paul speech and which is the artist and which is the engineer is clear. Romney sounds exactly like Obama did in 2008. Exactly.

Compare Paul's campaign slogan to Romney's.

Paul: Restore America Now
Romney: Believe in America

Which one sounds like something Obama would come up with? One is action, the other is emotion. Believe in America sounds a lot like Change You Can Believe In. Restore America Now is action.

Last edited by G19G20; 04-13-2012 at 11:10..
Old 04-13-2012, 11:29   #309
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Yeah. I can look at Mitt's governorship, his time with the Olympics and his various business ventures and get an idea of what he'll do when he's in charge. He has executive experience and a track record, whether you like it or not. (Overall, I like it. No, it's not precisely in line with me, but literally no one is.) And in those jobs, he successfully brought together disparate views to get a job done.

Paul hasn't run anything in the last 40 years. His brief stint in private practice was over while Jimmy Carter was in office. Most of R's backers weren't even alive when he was responsible for decision-making. Were you? Or has it been literally longer than your lifetime since Paul had any leadership position? (Note that I'm being generous in classing his solo medical practice as one of leadership.) Instead, he's been a member of the worlds most famous debate society---and in his time there, his wins, measured in either advancing laws or repealing those he finds abhorrent, can be counted on the fingers of one foot.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:38   #310
fortyofforty
Narcissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubudd View Post
huhuhuhuhuhuh, ok beavis and butthead

Are you just too dense to make the connection that everything that is being passed is destroying us? The bills that do get passed invariably waste your money by the trillions, beavis, or infringe even more on your rights, or wreck all kinds of markets you have to live with, or myriad other disastrous outcomes for all the rest of us. Why do you cheer them on at it, butthead? Why would you try to make fun of the guy standing almost alone trying to undo some of this madness, trying to protect some of your rights and your money? Is it supposed to be funny that in washington this guy is basically on his own, that he can't get a bill through to repeal the patriot act or the NDAA or audit the fed or whatever? You think that's funny?

It's only funny if you're a progressive, or just insane. Which are you? Laughing at the only guy really trying to stop the madness- you have to be one or the other. Or a little of each, i guess that would do it. huhuhuhhhhuhh
Thanks for proving my point. Typical. Keep voting for a hypocritical blowhard and telling yourself how smart you are. You've just once again proven otherwise, even if you're too stupid to realize it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
to save animals! Gun Rights are Civil Rights.

Last edited by fortyofforty; 04-13-2012 at 11:41..
Old 04-13-2012, 12:02   #311
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Yeah. I can look at Mitt's governorship, his time with the Olympics and his various business ventures and get an idea of what he'll do when he's in charge. He has executive experience and a track record, whether you like it or not. (Overall, I like it. No, it's not precisely in line with me, but literally no one is.) And in those jobs, he successfully brought together disparate views to get a job done.
So in other words, you don't care about his ever changing political beliefs. He saved the Olympics! Well that convinces me. Sign me up as a Romney supporter.

Quote:
Paul hasn't run anything in the last 40 years. His brief stint in private practice was over while Jimmy Carter was in office. Most of R's backers weren't even alive when he was responsible for decision-making. Were you? Or has it been literally longer than your lifetime since Paul had any leadership position? (Note that I'm being generous in classing his solo medical practice as one of leadership.) Instead, he's been a member of the worlds most famous debate society---and in his time there, his wins, measured in either advancing laws or repealing those he finds abhorrent, can be counted on the fingers of one foot.
Your understanding of Paul's history is rather messed up since you omitted his military service (Romney has none and ran to France to avoid it), grossly understated his private medical practice experience, and other tidbits. Paul is now chair of the monetary subcommittee so he's already in a leadership position. He spearheaded one of the most important bills in recent history, the Fed audit that revealed $16 trillion in loans to foreigners.

Now let's talk about policy and politics since you literally ignored any mention of that in your homage to Romney. Hmm....who's better equipped to resolve the country's medical crisis and understand foreign policy? The doctor and veteran or the corporate CEO?

Last edited by G19G20; 04-13-2012 at 12:07..
Old 04-13-2012, 14:20   #312
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Bottom line---totally ineffective within the system he now wants to lead. All the other stuff you post is hero-worship, and I can live without being part of a Cult of Personality.
Old 04-13-2012, 14:48   #313
G-19

Got to say one thing about RP supporters. They sure make for some interesting posts/threads. They go from talking about the complete destruction of America, to Revolution, to secret plots to infiltrate the GOP delegates. Next thing you will know they will claim to be part of a secret government organization that is so top secret that the Government denies they even exists.

If it was not so sad it would be funny.

Thanks to Calvary Doc now every time I read an RP thread I get the MIP theme song in my head.

Last edited by G-19; 04-13-2012 at 14:52..
Old 04-13-2012, 15:07   #314
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-19 View Post
Got to say one thing about RP supporters. They sure make for some interesting posts/threads. They go from talking about the complete destruction of America, to Revolution, to secret plots to infiltrate the GOP delegates. Next thing you will know they will claim to be part of a secret government organization that is so top secret that the Government denies they even exists.

If it was not so sad it would be funny.

Thanks to Calvary Doc now every time I read an RP thread I get the MIP theme song in my head.
Your post doesnt make much sense but it does recognize that we have a lot of things on our minds. The collapse and revolution parts are pretty obvious to anyone that can do math so I'll leave that alone for now.

How is participating in the delegate process "infiltrating" the GOP delegates? WE ARE GOP DELEGATES. Im a registered Republican and Im a delegate and a Paul supporter. It's not like we're registered Dems slipping in the back door. It's not my fault that literally not one other Republican in my entire precinct showed up to be a delegate except me. They don't care enough to participate in the process so blame them instead of hurling falsehoods about "infiltration" and other nonsense. Happy to entertain and inform you though. That's half the battle.
eta: I just noticed this thread has nearly 5000 views so Im pretty sure it's convinced at least a few people that Paul is indeed electable so thanks for the bumps.

Last edited by G19G20; 04-13-2012 at 15:29..
Old 04-13-2012, 15:28   #315
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:

I don't think you can fault Paul for not passing or repealing legislation when he is standing alone in a sea of progressives. Instead people should admire him for standing for liberty while the rest of his cohorts have done everything that they can to destroy it. I guess he could of joined the coalition to destroy the COTUS and got more accomplished but at what gain?
Old 04-13-2012, 15:31   #316
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Bottom line---totally ineffective within the system he now wants to lead. All the other stuff you post is hero-worship, and I can live without being part of a Cult of Personality.
How effective was Obama (Mr. vote present) in the senate? I don't think there is any argument that he has been very effective in the executive position and at getting his agenda passed.
Old 04-13-2012, 15:35   #317
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
I just noticed this thread has nearly 5000 views so Im pretty sure it's convinced at least a few people that Paul is indeed electable so thanks for the bumps.
There's always someone gullible in the crowd. It doens't change the fact that he's NOT electable, running for years now you'd at least think he'd have won something.

Instead, he has not. So, he clearly IS unelectable.Don't see it changing anytime soon. Just because you desire that he does changes nothing.
Old 04-13-2012, 16:02   #318
G-19

Quote:
Your post doesnt make much sense but it does recognize that we have a lot of things on our minds. The collapse and revolution parts are pretty obvious to anyone that can do math so I'll leave that alone for now.

How is participating in the delegate process "infiltrating" the GOP delegates? WE ARE GOP DELEGATES. Im a registered Republican and Im a delegate and a Paul supporter. It's not like we're registered Dems slipping in the back door. It's not my fault that literally not one other Republican in my entire precinct showed up to be a delegate except me. They don't care enough to participate in the process so blame them instead of hurling falsehoods about "infiltration" and other nonsense. Happy to entertain and inform you though. That's half the battle.
eta: I just noticed this thread has nearly 5000 views so Im pretty sure it's convinced at least a few people that Paul is indeed electable so thanks for the bumps.
Or convinced them that RP supporters are nuts.
Old 04-13-2012, 16:41   #319
sbhaven

Quote:
Paul may be "electable", but the real question is, to what political office?

In 1988, and 2008 he was not "electable" to the Office of the President. Heck he was not even "electable" to become the GOP Presidential nominee in 2008. And based on the current GOP caucus voting to date it appears he will not be "electable" to become the GOP Presidential nomination this year.

So yes while you and others may claim Ron Paul is "electable", history (to date) has shown he is not "electable" to the White House.
Old 04-13-2012, 17:31   #320
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

^^^^^
Read the polls Ive been posting. End of story. He's electable to the White House when voters across the spectrum are polled. You know, a lot more voters than just Republican primary voters.

It's sad watching you guys actively supporting the Republican Party shooting itself in the head in slow motion.

Last edited by G19G20; 04-13-2012 at 17:32..

Closed Thread