GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 08:21   #15141
VN350X10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 8,120
Well, not only THROW toast, but propose a toast;


Perhaps a consultation with Dr.Frankenfurter might well be in order........
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:11   #15142
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Don't throw it, send it via USPS as Post Toasties
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:16   #15143
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Don't throw it, send it via USPS as Post Toasties
We refer Fedex; toast would get stale going by USPS.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:49   #15144
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
We refer Fedex; toast would get stale going by USPS.
But I thought we were discussing a 'Post-appocalypse" situation?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 14:05   #15145
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
But I thought we were discussing a 'Post-appocalypse" situation?
Two entities that will function even in a post-apocalyptic situation:

1) The 10-Ring
2) Fedex

Da' Rabbi has spoken!
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 14:10   #15146
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Two entities that will function even in a post-apocalyptic situation:

1) The 10-Ring
2) Fedex

Da' Rabbi has spoken!

Sounds like you are a fan of the "Fedex wives club"
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 14:16   #15147
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Sounds like you are a fan of the "Fedex wives club"
Don't even know who they are. My loyalty is founded on a deeper reason: If you have a roomful of drunken 10-Ringers (pardon my redundancy) who want more beer NOW, you prize reliable delivery performance!
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 14:23   #15148
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Don't even know who they are. My loyalty is founded on a deeper reason: If you have a roomful of drunken 10-Ringers (pardon my redundancy) who want more beer NOW, you prize reliable delivery performance!

Same goes for the other end of the operation. The Sloan valve company carries off more used beer, (a very important job) than any other.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 19:33   #15149
VN350X10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 8,120
Obviously, uncle's subtle references are being missed......


I Command Thee:

Attend "The Rocky Horror Show".......


or at a minimum, rent "The Rocky Horror Picture Show " and view it !

I can't possibly be the only one here with such good taste !


uncle
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 19:39   #15150
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
Obviously, uncle's subtle references are being missed......


I Command Thee:

Attend "The Rocky Horror Show".......


or at a minimum, rent "The Rocky Horror Picture Show " and view it !

I can't possibly be the only one here with such good taste !


uncle
Been there, done that, wore out the shirt before the ten-ring was born.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 19:44   #15151
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Unkle, we are in the midst of a nefarious Dungeon conspiracy to dominate the world; to acknowledge the content of your subtle cinematic references would have blown the whole shtick, causing irreparable damage to our (10-Ring AND Dungeon) financial position. Profitable embezzlement MUST take precedence over thread repartee'.

Rocky Horror must ALWAYS be experienced in a theater; at home, it is simply irrelevant.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi

Last edited by samurairabbi; 04-14-2012 at 19:47..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 21:24   #15152
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
However I did to remember to order the fried chickens with my dry,white toast.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 21:28   #15153
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
However I did to remember to order the fried chickens with my dry,white toast.
You forgot the coke.

Remember, before you get yourself overmatched: Jake and Elwood did not EACH eat that combination! Elwood was toast, Jake was four fried chickens (and the coke).
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 21:31   #15154
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
You forgot the coke.

Remember, before you get yourself overmatched: Jake and Elwood did not EACH eat that combination! Elwood was toast, Jake was four fried chickens (and the coke).

But they were on a mission from god
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 21:46   #15155
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
But they were on a mission from god
... and WE'RE on a mission from the 10-Ring.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 14:58   #15156
VN350X10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 8,120
D'oh.......that's an OLD shirt !
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 16:02   #15157
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
D'oh.......that's an OLD shirt !
The Dungeon Doubletalk Crew prefers to call it "vintage".
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 17:31   #15158
VN350X10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 8,120
Wines are vintage....
Cars are vintage or classic
Clothes & people in them are just OLD.....
(FWIW, auntie keeps watching "Antiques Road Show" but has yet to get an accurate value on moi!)
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 17:36   #15159
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
The Dungeon Doubletalk Crew prefers to call it "vintage".

I have some "priceless" classic, vintage BVDs then. What am I bid?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 18:59   #15160
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I have some "priceless" classic, vintage BVDs then. What am I bid?
If YOU pay ME ten bucks, I will dispose of them for you.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply


Tags
moved to page, retardis revival
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:03.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,036
315 Members
721 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31