GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:20   #41
GOOFA

A few pics of my one and only Beretta: BU9 NANO... Just passed 1200 trouble free rounds.

Beretta Club

Beretta Club

Beretta Club

Beretta Club

Beretta Club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
GOOFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 18:54   #42
TcRoc
Phillies Fan !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFA View Post
A few pics of my one and only Beretta: BU9 NANO... Just passed 1200 trouble free rounds.
What kind of ammo have you used
TcRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 19:13   #43
GOOFA

TcRoc... So far I have used Sellier & Bellot, Winchester White Box 100 round value, Remington UMC, Federal AE, Glaser Pow'r Ball, Hornady CD, Double Tap, and Speer Gold Dot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
GOOFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:46   #44
joedoc

First range trip with my Nano. I had 4 FTE in 120 rounds, which concerns me for carry reliability.
And it jammed up tight each time. The next round in the mag was jammed against the unextracted shell and it took some effort (and time) to clear. Different ammo, different mags.
Not an auspicious start.
The extractor looks fine, will try a good cleaning, lube. Any tips, other than waiting for the XD single stack?
Old 04-04-2012, 18:32   #45
Jefs
CLM Number 147
Charter Lifetime Member

Picked up a Nano last Sat. and cleaned it and took it to the range the following Tues. I shot 100 rnds of 115 gr. WWB and 60 rnds of Georgia Arms 124 gr NATO re-loads and didn't have even the slightest hint of failure. I'm not a great shot by any means, but I feel the gun shot well and am very pleased with it so far. I have a bunch of guns (glocks, s&w, sigs, xd's, a pm9, pps, etc..), but this is my first baretta and I like it. It's early yet, but so far, so good and I've a good feel on this one.
Jefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 19:10   #46
joedoc

I cleaned mine and lubed it and ordered some (hopefully) better range ammo, will try again for another couple hundred rounds.
I do want this one to work as I like the size--less chunky than my glock.
On the other hand my glock has had zero malfunctions.
Old 04-04-2012, 19:30   #47
Jefs
CLM Number 147
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoc View Post
I cleaned mine and lubed it and ordered some (hopefully) better range ammo, will try again for another couple hundred rounds.
I do want this one to work as I like the size--less chunky than my glock.
On the other hand my glock has had zero malfunctions.
Yeah, I've read some posts saying some nano folks had trouble with FTE's with lower powered loads, that's why I shot the NATO first and once everything went well with that I just moved on to the WWB and had good results there. I do feel your pain, since I HATE having any failures and your initial experience would make me feel real bad. That said, my glocks have been super reliable and that is the standard by which I judge all guns. I've a good feeling with the nano so far and I hope the gun works out for you. Give it some more tries.
Old 04-04-2012, 20:04   #48
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefs View Post
I have a bunch of guns (glocks, s&w, sigs, xd's, a pm9, pps, etc..), but this is my first baretta and I like it.
How would you rate / compare the Nano to the PPS?
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 20:41   #49
Jefs
CLM Number 147
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
How would you rate / compare the Nano to the PPS?
I picked up a PPS when they first came out and it has 'First Edition' etched in it's slide. I didn't take it to the range since I wasn't shooting much at the time, but when I took it to the range I had no failures in 200 or so rounds and I felt I shot it well. I'm one of those guys who's not a real good shot and am not really competent to speak to a gun's accuracy but since I own a lot of guns and I've put a lot of rounds down range and I can speak as to how well a gun functions and to how well I can shoot it in relation to my other guns. The PPS shot well for me as did the nano as did the pm9 and all have been reliable though I've had a very few failures in the pm9 (my first gun purchased in 2004).

Bottom line is I'll go to the range soon with the nano, pps, pm9, g26, and m&p9c (actually my favorite shooter, although largest, of the quartet) and get back to you on how well I think they shoot. Mechanically, I'm confident in the G26 and the pm9 and believe the pps and nano will prove similarly reliable though I'll have to shoot them quite a bit more to be sure.

I'll get to the range and will get back here soon and let you know.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:58   #50
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Excellent reply. You seem to have a good "luck of the draw", as you've had no issues with the Nano or PM9, both of which seem to have been troublesome for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefs View Post
Bottom line is I'll go to the range soon with the nano, pps, pm9, g26, and m&p9c (actually my favorite shooter, although largest, of the quartet) and get back to you on how well I think they shoot.
I am looking forward to your report.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:03   #51
Jefs
CLM Number 147
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
Excellent reply. You seem to have a good "luck of the draw", as you've had no issues with the Nano or PM9, both of which seem to have been troublesome for others.

I am looking forward to your report.
Yeah BuckyP, the old saying "if you can't be good, be lucky" seems to apply to me and guns. I do remember buying a new G29 and neglecting to clean before heading to the range in my excitement to shoot it, picking up some underpowered range ammo at the counter, shooting the gun and having it jam up on me. I couldn't even get the slide back to dislodge the round. The guys at the counter couldn't get slide racked either and they sent me inside the adjoining shop to have a real big dude turn red in the face before he was able to get the round out. Talk about a failure.

After cleaning the gun and picking up some different ammo that G29 turned out to be super reliable over probably something like 4K to 6K rounds (maybe 2 failures max, if that - can't remember) and that and my g30 I probably shoot best and are probably my favorite guns even though I haven't shot them much lately since I don't carry them.

Anyway, I'll get out the range soon and report back.

Last edited by Jefs; 04-05-2012 at 09:04..
Old 04-11-2012, 04:54   #52
kmrcstintn

I've had mine for @ 2-3 months and put @ 350 rounds thru it; defense loads tested include Speer Gold Dot 115gr, Speer Gold Dot 147gr, Hornady Critical Defense 115gr, Federal 9MS 147gr jhp; I currently have 5 mags for it; between the defense loads and fmj's for practice I have NOT had a single malfunction; the trigger was great from the start and feels even better as time goes on;
kmrcstintn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 13:54   #53
Kartar

new nano

In my first range trip I fired 100 NATO 24 gr, 20 Critical Defense 115g and about 30 Gold Dot 24gr and all worked perfectly.
The trigger will take some getting used to but I did better with it than with the Kahr I had. So I'm very happy with the results.
Sub Club #112
Niner Club #112
1 Glock 26, 19 and a P9
Kartar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 15:21   #54
fowler

Nano 9mm fired 2 box,s of American Eagle 115gr. ball, 50 rds of of Remington 115gr. Hollow point from a 100rd box and 12 rds of WW 127gr. +P+ carry ammo. All fired 100% reliable. I am glad this little Nano is made strong and can eat that +P+ without a hitch. Alot of the other small 9mm's can,t handle +p or +P+ carry ammo because there light duty. Glad to see the Nano work as good as the Glock G26.
fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:40   #55
gwgw60

Just hit 700 rounds of various types and grain ammo without problem. The Nano has now displaced my LC9 as my primary EDC. The accuracy it gives me is great.
gwgw60 is offline   Reply With Quote