Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-17-2011, 15:44   #1
xracer390

No threads ?

Hey there, I just bought a used Jennings .25 auto with 2 mags. Looks very nice. Do I dare shoot it ?

Last edited by xracer390; 10-17-2011 at 16:24..
xracer390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 15:57   #2
purrrfect 10

I did some work for a woman and she told me she had a gun in the house that was her late husbands and she wanted nothing to do with it and asked me if i wanted it...wellllll hell yes,excited wondering what it was . It turned out to be a Titan 25 auto with tons of rounds. Took it out on the range and couldn't hit the paper at 15 yards. What? I was frustrated. It is pretty accurate at 15 - 20 feet thats about it. I have not yet bought any new ammo still have about 20 rounds left. i was thinking it was the ammo cause I know it is not the shooter. I talk to the local gun shop owner and he say they really are just hallway guns very close range. No instant man stopper in some cases, still a deadly little pistol If necessary.
I'm in the best condition I possibly can be ~ being in this condition...
purrrfect 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 16:13   #3
michael t

I have a Titan 25 in my collection I have never fired at any distance but works every time and at 20' groups pretty good. Just another of my 25's I like that caliber I can't tell you why but always have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
michael t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 15:15   #4
District18

My father in law owns a Bryco Jennings in .380. Someday it'll be mine! Mwuahahaha!
District18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 16:00   #5
oldgranpa

well, it looks like SNS guns are just not on many lists anymore. With some older folks that have problems with their hands and can't rack slides or a very recoil sensitive, a little .25 may be the only thing they can handle. I'm having to go that route for my wife. Granma can't shoot my .38, recoil hurts, and she can't rack the slide on my .380. A target .22 I've got she don't like cause it's 'too big and long' and she can't rack the slide on it either. Ruger and S&W .22 revolvers have heavy DA triggers, n.g. either.
So I'm looking at a Beretta mod21 .25acp with the tip up barrel. Once the hammer is cocked, it's single action and low recoil for the rest of the mag.
Maybe not the best SD pistol, but what the heck, with FMJ the penetration is good as any. With some practice, bet she can hit a BG enough to change his mind.
Cheers, and don't count the SNS out.
og
oldgranpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:27   #6
TacticalTree
Just a Guy

My first firearm acquisition was a Hi-Point C9. I got a good deal on it from a friend. I still own it, but I don't shoot it as much anymore. Nice to have an inexpensive pistol to keep around for plinking.
Kalashnikov Klub #734 ; SNS #734 ; Rimfire Club #734
TacticalTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 19:24   #7
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalTree View Post
My first firearm acquisition was a Hi-Point C9. I got a good deal on it from a friend. I still own it, but I don't shoot it as much anymore. Nice to have an inexpensive pistol to keep around for plinking.
HPs have a heck of a lot better reputation then Jennings does.

bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:57   #8
DarkShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
HPs have a heck of a lot better reputation then Jennings does.
Hi Points may be cheap and ugly, but they work much better than people give em credit for. They are much better than the "ring of fire" junk. And the best no BS warranty in the buisness.
DarkShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 13:44   #9
Jack23
I. B. Glockin'

I have been owning and handling and shooting and buying/selling/trading guns for 60 years. I have encountered most types and brands of rifles, pistols, and revolvers. The absolute worst, most jammomatic, least reliable, sorriest excuse for a simi automatic pistol was a Jennings .22. Nothing else in my memory even comes close to being that lousy of a gun. even when it would cycle and fire it was terribly, and inconsistently inaccurate. No 2 rounds would go the same direction. If the muzzle of the gun is not touching the target you are gonna miss it.
G-17, G-23, G-21, G-36, Ruger blackhawk, ss, Ruger 10/22, Ruger Mark II, Ruger SP101, British Webley MKI .455, Kel-Tec P32, S&W top break .38, S&W 24-3 .44spl N frame Colt 1903 .32, Heritage .22 Combo, Colt AR-15, LE6920.
Jack23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 14:49   #10
FL Airedale
Dog Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShooter View Post
Hi Points may be cheap and ugly, but they work much better than people give em credit for. They are much better than the "ring of fire" junk. And the best no BS warranty in the buisness.
Cheap, ugly, RELIABLE, and much better stopping power than a Glock if you have to use it for a club! The 3 1/2 inch barrel HiPoint 9mm weighs 9 oz more than the 3 1/2 barrel G26.
I used to be a people person but people ruined that for me.
FL Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 15:00   #11
DarkShooter

Jack23- around here they were known as "jammin Jenings".

FT Airedale- haha good points!
DarkShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:15   #12
El_Ron1
AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Calling Jennings crap is being unfair to crap.