SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-17-2012, 13:14   #21
knedrgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Nice...the stainless ones on my CBOB in the above pic are your old ones.
I had noticed those. They do look great on that gun!
COTEFT #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 19:26   #22
sns3guppy

Quote:
Sorry, but the OP asked about Dan Wesson's! Your posts are irrelevant and IMHO Dan Wesson's are in another class over the SA's. SA is nice, but its not a semi custom or made in the USA.
Ah, you're the thread police, are you? Yes, the original poster asked about DW handguns, which is why I responded, discussing several of my DW handguns. I also responded to another poster, not that it's any particular business of yours. I've yet to hear a conversation in a bar or on the street, or at work, in which some idiot holds up his hand and loudly announces "what you just said has nothing to do with the first sentence spoken in this conversation, and is therefore, irrelevant! Kindly shut up!"

Why is it that people feel obliged to do that in an internet conversation?

It's talk; it varies, it meanders, it drifts. That's not a bad thing.

Your post, however, is irrelevant: DW isn't a semi-custom firearm, either.

Heaven forbid anyone breathe a word that's not in perfect harmony with the first sentence written by the original poster. The sky might just cave in.
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 19:45   #23
deadite
Groovy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns3guppy View Post
Ah, you're the thread police, are you? Yes, the original poster asked about DW handguns, which is why I responded, discussing several of my DW handguns. I also responded to another poster, not that it's any particular business of yours. I've yet to hear a conversation in a bar or on the street, or at work, in which some idiot holds up his hand and loudly announces "what you just said has nothing to do with the first sentence spoken in this conversation, and is therefore, irrelevant! Kindly shut up!"

Heaven forbid anyone breathe a word that's not in perfect harmony with the first sentence written by the original poster. The sky might just cave in.
Thank you, that was beautiful.
Old 04-17-2012, 19:53   #24
Wil Ufgood
CLM Number 263
GTDS #88

1911 Forums
Old 04-17-2012, 20:15   #25
knedrgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ View Post
1911 Forums

LMFAO!

He must not know about how a thread can turn out on this sub-forum.
COTEFT #2

Old 04-17-2012, 20:15   #26
knedrgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns3guppy View Post

Nicely put!
COTEFT #2

Old 04-17-2012, 21:11   #27
Mike from Texas

Sorry I don't have a pic of just the CBOBs by themselves.

Top one is 45 ACP, bi tone one is 10mm.

1911 Forums

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-19-2012, 10:10   #28
Whiskey Six
Platinum Membership
Marine 0369

My Valor wearing Sarge's grips.
1911 Forums

Mark

"The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not
first take from somebody else." Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 2005
Whiskey Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 22:15   #29
Cobra64
Deals in Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knedrgr View Post

Like Deadite had pointed out, DW is NOT a semi-custom gun show. What you see on the CCO and their other 1911s is what you get. Keith has been known to put out "custom" guns for certain customers, but that's pretty rare.
My 2009 Valor was one of those when I called the factory, spoke with Keith and asked him if he would build one with a bobtail.

1911 Forums

1911 Forums

1911 Forums

The following year, DW added the VBOB to their product line.
Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 22:25   #30
Cobra64
Deals in Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Six View Post

My Valor wearing Sarge's grips.
1911 Forums
Smart man.

Shortly after getting my Valor I decided I wanted the same KN Nill ergonomics (palmswell) on my Valor that I loved on my Sigs, so I called Sarge. He knew exactly what I was looking for ergonomically, so after I picked out the wood, he created these:

1911 Forums

The other request I made was to have the edges of the grips completely taper down to the front and read back straps.

1911 Forums

1911 Forums
Old 04-19-2012, 22:35   #31
Cobra64
Deals in Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Oops, my Droid agreed and posted twice, but I'll add some pics:

1911 Forums
deadite

I've said it dozens of times over the years: the CBOB is the best looking stainless 1911 ever built; and this one got me turned on to Sarge's work.

1911 Forums

1911 Forums
Old 04-19-2012, 23:06   #32
Cobra64
Deals in Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim12232 View Post
Sorry, but the OP asked about Dan Wesson's! Your posts are irrelevant and IMHO Dan Wesson's are in another class over the SA's. SA is nice, but its not a semi custom or made in the USA.

Now as for my reply, I have over 1500 rounds through my Dan Wesson CBOB .45. It has had no malfunctions since the very first firing, it was very tight when new! Although the bob's may feel weird at first, if you are going to carry, there is next to no printing which is great! I will buy another DW, and most the replies on here have said the same! Skip the Kimber crap, I would take the SA over Kimber. But Dan Wesson, they are almost semi custom and they stand behind their work.
Cool you jets, sonny. You're insulting a couple of guys who know more about 1911s than you'll ever hope to.

First of all, DWs are not custom, despite what they, or Les Baer might chisel on the slides. Tighter tolerances and more spit and polish on critical surfaces just make a stock pistol more likable.

Running a few thousand Valors off a line hardly classifies it as "custom." When I ordered my Valor bobtailed from the factory with "no advertising," and it arrived 9 months later with "custom" on the slide, I was very surprised it showed up that way.

Coincidentally or not, I surmise mine ended up actually being a prototype for the VBOB since DW offered as a stock model the following year.

My advice is to watch and listen to guys like Brian and a dozen others around here who live and breath 1911s.

By the way, the guy who owns this 1911 collection, carries a Kimber.

1911 Forums
Old 04-20-2012, 07:19   #33
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK

My only DW 1911 is a 2011 Valor but I have to say, it's quality of parts and attention to detail are far above any other production 1911 I've shot,handled or owned.

1911 Forums

I'm really looking forward to the DW ECO. The single recoil spring is supposedly rated for 15,000rds. Pretty crazy since full size 1911s are supposed to have their recoil springs changed at the 1,500-2,500rd mark.

Nakanokalronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:40   #34
tim12232
Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra64 View Post
Cool you jets, sonny. You're insulting a couple of guys who know more about 1911s than you'll ever hope to.

First of all, DWs are not custom, despite what they, or Les Baer might chisel on the slides. Tighter tolerances and more spit and polish on critical surfaces just make a stock pistol more likable.

Running a few thousand Valors off a line hardly classifies it as "custom." When I ordered my Valor bobtailed from the factory with "no advertising," and it arrived 9 months later with "custom" on the slide, I was very surprised it showed up that way.

Coincidentally or not, I surmise mine ended up actually being a prototype for the VBOB since DW offered as a stock model the following year.

My advice is to watch and listen to guys like Brian and a dozen others around here who live and breath 1911s.

By the way, the guy who owns this 1911 collection, carries a Kimber.
I know of many people who love their Kimbers and Im happy for them! I had a TLE a number of years back when they were dicking around with the external extractor, mine had extractor problems as well as feeding problems went back to them twice and then sold it after getting it back the last time. I know that DW has had their own issues in the past, hell Nighthawk is having issues recently. Im just saying I had a nightmare with Kimber and their CS didnt ever really want to own up to it, it was all my fault. Thats why I dont like Kimber and I wont recommend them. They are tools with moving parts, they are subjected to high heat, high pressure and high impact I understand how a gun works. I have never claimed to be a 1911 know it all, I try to gain as much knowledge and understanding as I can. I sure hope and pray to God that someday I will be as knowledgeable as the people you are speaking of
I also had no need for NV, so I went with the 512. As far as the submersion, if I'm 10 feet under water and still holding onto my rifle, something has gone terribly awry and I don't think an extra 23 feet is going to matter to me. YMMV
G21 Club #858
tim12232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 19:20   #35
yrbender

Last edited by yrbender; 04-27-2012 at 15:47..
yrbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 20:26   #36
HAIL CAESAR

[IMG]1911 Forums[/IMG]
[IMG]1911 Forums[/IMG]
[IMG]1911 Forums[/IMG]

Here are pics of a couple of mine.
Old 04-20-2012, 21:05   #37
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

I've had several DW's, all fantastic. A CBOB which I regret selling, a VBOB, a CCO and several black and stainless Valors. This is the only one I have now, my only 1911.

1911 Forums
1911 Forums
Old 04-20-2012, 22:01   #38
crazymoose
Nonentity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra64 View Post
Somehow, the terms "production," "semi-custom," and "custom" have come to come to be used as indicators of quality rather than method of production. I would argue that the vast majority of most 1911 makers, even companies like Wilson or Brown, produce "production" guns. A pistol sent to a gunsmith for some checkering and a trigger job is semi-custom. A gun built to unique specs, even if it's done by some horrible bubba gunsmith is a "custom" 1911.

Otherwise I agree with your post 100%.

Doubt is an unpleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire

Last edited by crazymoose; 04-20-2012 at 22:02..
crazymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 23:11   #39
HAIL CAESAR

Very true. Fusion could be called a custom as they are built the way you want one, but Fusions are sheet.
Old 04-21-2012, 00:52   #40
Gary1911A1

I carry a Dan Wesson CCO every day. It is my favorite carry 1911. I liked it so much I got another one.
Gary1911A1 is offline   Reply With Quote