Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-24-2012, 22:32   #1
GeneralMarbleMan

Fiber Optic Sights on a Carry Gun

To start off, I recently purchased a nib glock 26 . This is my first and only handgun, basically a do-everything gun for me. I will soon be carrying it, but first I wanted to switch out the factory plastic sights.

The sights that looked most appealing to me were the Warren tactical sights, specifically with the front fiber optic sight. After reading around on the internet I found some people that were concerned about the durability of the fiber optic sight. Seeing as how I'm drawn toward the sight picture offered by the FO front sight I would like to purchase them, unless of course they wouldn't be the best choice for concealed carry.

Basically, would you conceal carry a gun with fiber optic sights? Any input/opinions on the Warren tactical sights or other excellent carry sights are of course welcome. Thanks for the help
GeneralMarbleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:51   #2
A6Gator

My carry guns all have night sights. Even if the FO sights hold up in a scuffle (which they probably will), you won't be able to see them at night and having the option to have a sight picture without having to hold a flashlight in your support side hand, is invaluable. The group I shoot with shoots low-light/no-light quarterly and getting decent hit with tritium sights is much easier. I wouldn't have a carry gun w/out night sights.

That being said, all my competition guns have FO sights, but they also have a lot of features that I would never put on a carry gun, like a 2# trigger.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:40   #3
G19aps

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralMarbleMan View Post
Basically, would you conceal carry a gun with fiber optic sights?
Yes if that was my only option. But if not, first I would go tritium insert with white ring. If not possble I would go white dot front sight.
G19aps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:15   #4
Happypuppy

I went with XS sights. Tactical shooting is not target shooting and inside of 20yards it is very quick to get on target, for myself. Best best is to try some at a well stocked range, some have guns with aftermarket sights
Happypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:11   #5
DRJ1911

I have truglo TFO'S on my 19 and 27. I really like them and have had no problem's at all.

Doyle
DRJ1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 13:18   #6
Chesafreak

I have Truglo TFO's on my Glock 23. If you don't know what they are, they're Fiber Optic sights backed by tritium. They are easy to see day or night.
Chesafreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 20:46   #7
GeneralMarbleMan

Thanks for sharing your opinions/experiences guys! I appreciate it.

Anyone else care to share their view on the topic? Anyone not panic when they walk into a dimly lit restaurant and realize they don't have night sights on their gun?
GeneralMarbleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 20:55   #8
GojuBrian

I put this Hi-Viz front sight on my LCR.
I really like it!
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335408899.232946.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	224807

It's a OD green talo Army edition.
GojuBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 15:50   #9
Stimo

I prefer night sights, this way you can acquire your target in any light situation. I actually don't even like fiber optic sights, i prefer either just plain stock sights (if night sights already) or some nice fixed Trijicon night sights for my carry gun. A carry gun should always have a flashlight/night sights, otherwise you can't aim and in a SD situation that's a MAJOR problem, especially if their's people around.
Stimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 18:56   #10
samuse

If you like the Warrens with the f.o. front, carry it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. It'll be protected in your holster 99.9% of the time anyway. If the little f.o. does happen to fall out when you get into a gunfight, you still have a great set of plain black iron sights.

I carry with plain black sights.

Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 19:00   #11
JD_19x9

Fiber Optic in IMO would be good for target shooting, but I went XS Big Dot for self defense. They are quick to get on target...

Tags
ccw, fiber optic, glock, sights, warren