Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 00:03   #176
dizmodeus

Well it'll be a long time before this gun is ready for a different barrel first I need the long slide and all the other bull**** I'm gonna try with it I don't expect it to run right until I work the hell out of it but that's why I bought a glunk its a project gun something to entertain my mind working all the bugs out I don't want it to be too easy I enjoy a challenge although at this point I haven't had any issues

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 04-27-2012, 18:25   #177
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Am I the only one that finds freakshow10mm out of line? Do you really find his opening and continuing statements excusable?
1) LWD barrels are notorious for short throats. Here he implies all LWD barrels are at issue when the truth is, only the 40's are his intent. He clearly states in subsequent posts his 45 barrels NEVER had an issue.
2) LWD employs crappy machinists. Yah right, we are the most successful Glock parts company since 1998, fourteen yrs running.... did it all on crap and nobody caught us until now?
3) I was a LWD dealer. The truth of the matter is, you placed 3 orders (years ago) each totaling LESS than our average retail sale. Why would you purposely attempt to elevate your relationship with LWD?
4) Any statistics I offer are made up on the spot. Really? Yours are truth and mine are lies? Try pointing a finger at me.... notice three more on your OWN hand point directly back to you.
5) You have a dozen customers using LWD barrels that will not accept ANY manufacture ammo except your own. Really? If this is true, please provide the spec these billion dollar companies fail to comprehend. You profess to build it, now show it.
6) Most anybody can get a Federal License. The fact that you (maybe) possess a license does not make you an expert ammunition manufacture! You may have a similar license as Remington but that is the closest you will ever come, any other similarity stops right there. I also found MANY threads in other chat rooms indicating you are no longer in business and have plenty of former customer complaints to deal with. I sincerely sympathize with your situation however find it inexcusable you would perpetuate virtually the same thing here. I quote your closing line in one of said threads, "Every time I post an update or response to the threads in the subforum, a mob attacks. Why waste my time there?"

LWD offers a true match grade chamber. We have zero issues with factory ammunition or reloads similar to Remington, Federal, Winchester factory loads.
If you are a reloader and have concerns regarding your load you can send us 4 or 5 dummy rounds (before the purchase) and we will custom cut your chamber (if needed) to fit your load. Thats right, send your loads to us before you purchase a barrel and we will pre-check fit for you.The cost to custom fit your load to your barrel is $30. This is a BETTER solution than any other because your chamber will fit your load exactly. You will not have a chamber that is max cut to fit everybody else's load.

LWD voids warranty if you use reloads. What does this mean? LWD does not have any control over your reloading process. We cannot control the cartridge overall length, bullet diameter, powder charge or the hundreds of other factors that could cause a catastrophic failure. (basically reads: We have no way to control your ++P++ nuclear go faster multi-plex pet load so...) If you shoot reloads from your LWD barrel and you experience a KB (Ka-Boom) we will inspect your barrel for correct hardness. When the barrel is proved to meet the required hardness we will offer you a replacement barrel at a 50% discount.

Fact: Run your loads through a case gauge before shooting. Many reloaders currently use Dillon or Midway stainless case gauges however these manufactures are known to have liberal tolerances. If your Dillon or Midway case gauge works with the LWD chamber you are good to go. If not, we recommend you use the EGW case gauge. The EGW is known to run tighter tolerances. Once the reload is fired from the LWD barrel you should not have a feed problem again.

FYI: Storm Lake never turned a Glock barrel until LWD brought the project to them

Bluescot: Good idea (seriously). Combat Grade Chambers on request! We could offer the same loose tolerance chamber SL and KKM currently provide (and evidently these posters want) and offer this barrel at $99, or maybe for a limited time at $89.95!. It wouldn't meet our match grade specifications therefore must be cheaper to manufacture (right?) Wait a second, if that is true.... why do the other guys charge so much? Oh well, what they charge does not concern me. I simply do the absolute best to provide my customers with the lowest price possible.
Old 04-27-2012, 18:31   #178
dkf

Reloading
Old 04-27-2012, 18:45   #179
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Bluescot: Good idea (seriously). Combat Grade Chambers on request! We could offer the same loose tolerance chamber SL and KKM currently provide (and evidently these posters want) and offer this barrel at $99, or maybe for a limited time at $89.95!. It wouldn't meet our match grade specifications therefore must be cheaper to manufacture (right?) Wait a second, if that is true.... why do the other guys charge so much? Oh well, what they charge does not concern me. I simply do the absolute best to provide my customers with the lowest price possible.
That was actually my suggestion a while back. Your missing some of the point behind the suggestion. You keep mentioning factory specs but you don't seem to understand that lead in 9mm and 40 will never meet SAMMI spec. That is the point of the slightly larger chamber. KKM is not combat size. But it is big enough to work properly with lead.
Old 04-27-2012, 20:34   #180
JR
GT Sponsor

Colorado4wheel: Yes you were the first to suggest the larger chamber, my mistake, sorry. I also completely understand the SAMMI spec situation, uh, er, factory spec thingy. There is no such thing for lead loads so there is no sense discussing it right? I can hence forth refer to this project as the bigger hole than what we currently offer but is the same as my competitors and fits the few guys load that takes time to read this GT thread. I know, I know, its a long name, tough to market too. Maybe shorten it up to the GT hole?

I am serious. It wont be very many barrels (judging by the few (but LOUD) complaints here) but I could do it. I will take all the barrels that don't meet our requirements (we reject) because of chamber chatter and recut the chamber to match the other guys. Too easy. I will also heavily discount these barrels to show my disdain, disgust for building something like the other guys. How about $79.95? I dont want such things lying around in my shop.

dkf: regarding post #178, nice contribution. When you eat the crayons.... do you prefer red or green?
Old 04-27-2012, 20:45   #181
Colorado4Wheel

I have a instructor friend who has bought about 10 barrels. About 8 of them got reamed. It pretty easy for someone who shoots a lot and has a lot of connections (as most USPSA shooters have ) to get it reamed locally with out paying for shipping. You joke but your only hurting yourself.
Old 04-27-2012, 20:53   #182
JR
GT Sponsor

No, there is no joke here. I can do what I say. I can bend all the rules away from the many to fit the few. Who would not appreciate a barrel exactly like the other guys for half the price?
Old 04-27-2012, 21:23   #183
Colorado4Wheel

One that works as you advertise with Lead. Yep, people would probably like that a little more then your current offering. Well, not the "pimp your gun out crowd " but real shooters and not posers. Probably. Question is how many real shooters buy your stuff.
Old 04-27-2012, 21:50   #184
JR
GT Sponsor

Posers? Really? You and the rest of these guys have absolutely no idea. LWD is the largest provider of Glock barrels period. We sell more than all the other guys combined (only exception Glock Inc). At the risk of having freakshow once again label my numbers as fabricated, thousands upon tens of thousands.
Granted, there are a few complaints. How many can you roust up here? 10, maybe 50. I will give you 100 if you like, still less than 1/10 of 1%. We do pretty good.....
Old 04-27-2012, 21:50   #185
mpw003

Quote:
No, there is no joke here. I can do what I say. I can bend all the rules away from the many to fit the few. Who would not appreciate a barrel exactly like the other guys for half the price?
I would like to see this done. I also think you would be surprised at how many "half price" barrels you would sell. Thats just my .2
Old 04-27-2012, 21:57   #186
dkf

Not worth it...

Last edited by dkf; 04-27-2012 at 23:16..
Old 04-27-2012, 21:59   #187
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Posers? Really? You and the rest of these guys have absolutely no idea. LWD is the largest provider of Glock barrels period. We sell more than all the other guys combined (only exception Glock Inc). At the risk of having freakshow once again label my numbers as fabricated, thousands upon tens of thousands.
Granted, there are a few complaints. How many can you roust up here? 10, maybe 50. I will give you 100 if you like, still less than 1/10 of 1%. We do pretty good.....
People buy more fake Rolex's then the real thing. Doesn't make them better. Your way off on your satisfaction rating in my experience.

Last edited by Colorado4Wheel; 04-27-2012 at 22:02..
Old 04-27-2012, 22:58   #188
JR
GT Sponsor

Colrado: I thought you would be happy to learn I plan to order an over sized reamer and produce a barrel just like the other guys only I will charge $99.95 ($79.95 to those that promise to post their exquisite experience)..... maybe even to this very thread?

You must not remember the time I gave away 1000 connectors with free shipping because some clown from OK said mine sucked and failed to fire. It was an awesome thread indeed! Best marketing idea I ever came up with. BTW: I own a real Rolex, I have flown first class. Its not worth the extra money whatsoever!

dkf: Come on, you kick me around several times and a crayon joke gets to you? I am sorry if you are offended and will edit it out if you say so.

(all) You guys have a good night and a great weekend!
Old 04-27-2012, 23:23   #189
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

You've changed my mind, amigo. I'm going to call Ed Brown first thing Monday morning and tell him his chamber sucks as evidenced by my loads working fine in it. He should be doing what you do. Same with Springfield. Oh, and Sig.

Old 04-27-2012, 23:24   #190
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Viva El Match Grade!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:18   #191
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Quote:
LWD offers a true match grade chamber. We have zero issues with factory ammunition or reloads similar to Remington, Federal, Winchester factory loads.
If you are a reloader and have concerns regarding your load you can send us 4 or 5 dummy rounds (before the purchase) and we will custom cut your chamber (if needed) to fit your load. Thats right, send your loads to us before you purchase a barrel and we will pre-check fit for you.The cost to custom fit your load to your barrel is $30. This is a BETTER solution than any other because your chamber will fit your load exactly. You will not have a chamber that is max cut to fit everybody else's load.
Wish you would post this on your website for people to have advance notice beforehand. As I stated in my first post in this thread I had apprehensions before making my G34 barrel order based on my past experience with LWD barrels that I had owned before.

Quote:
Fact: Run your loads through a case gauge before shooting. Many reloaders currently use Dillon or Midway stainless case gauges however these manufactures are known to have liberal tolerances. If your Dillon or Midway case gauge works with the LWD chamber you are good to go. If not, we recommend you use the EGW case gauge. The EGW is known to run tighter tolerances. Once the reload is fired from the LWD barrel you should not have a feed problem again.
FACT: My Bear Creek 135g RN loads all fit the EGW case gauge at 1.150 OAL but not the LWD barrel most recently purchased (hits the rifling hard and the breach can't close) the throat restricts chambering UNTIL shortened to 1.130 OAL.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:41   #192
Tom Towns

Quote:
I'll provide a link to another site...just in case you think it's only a GT dogpile...
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...pics/6451821/1
that guys problem seems to be a chamber that's cut too deep.
I still have my G20 on layaway & haven't tried any of your barrels but after seeing many such posts as this on MANY different gun forums, I'm not gonna take a chance. Customer service goes a LONG way in gaining trust & repeat customers...ask Leupold.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:39   #193
WiskyT
Malcontent

I wonder if he's kin to J A Ceiner?

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
Old 04-28-2012, 12:03   #194
n2extrm

JR

I don't have a LW barrel and dont need one. I don't understand some of this thread. My opinion is if you reload for the gun to be accurate then change the barrel you simply developed a new load for the New barrel so the gun is reliable and accurate. Isn't that what we tell people when they ask why do you reload?

Any way back on to my thought. How hard would it be to make a case gauge from your reamers? Maybe it could open up a new line for you and give people a gauge based on the chamber in their custom barrel.

Don't know if it will sell, but I had a rifle barrel replace by a gunsmith (high end custom guy) and he provided a case gauge as well. Now keep in mind this was several hundred dollars so the gauge was "free". You would have to charge of course.

Just a though, may not be a good one.

Last edited by n2extrm; 04-28-2012 at 12:04..
Old 04-28-2012, 12:03   #195
Bluescot

Sounds like we are actually getting closer to finding out about the limitations of the LWD barrels now, instead of before you buy. If I would have known the problems, limitations and lack of professionalism in the customer service department before hand I would have never spent $250 on two barrels.

Full disclosure up front would have been more informative but part of my problem is that I didn't do enough homework before the purchase, instead I just read their webpage and bought direct.

Also sounds like, at last, that the true dimensions of the LWD chambers are MINIMUM SAAMI with respect to diameter and length, except when the length is greater than maximum SAAMI as reported below. I could be wrong but just judging from the responses back from LWD to these negative posts seems to indicate a corporate philosophy not disclosed anywhere else.

Comes now LWD with a proposal/idea of reaming out their MINIMUM SAAMI chambers, whether real or not, in order to attract new buyers to their products. My guess is this decision was made due to the amount and tone of the negative comments posted on internet boards in addition to those posted here.

As a previous customer of LWD I would have no confidence and faith in purchasing any new products, of any type, from them until they corrected the barrels that I have previously purchase. Why buy more when what ya got ain't working?

Instead of being motivated to buy a "Combat" sized barrel from them I would want my former purchases to be corrected, then evaluate the results of those barrels when returned corrected, to see if any further purchases would be warranted. My idea would be, if I were LWD, to satisfy the disappointed customers I had before I offer them to purchase anything additional from me. I would be aware that the negative comments that those disappointed customers are sharing about my barrels and caustic customer service would be harming my future sales with a greater amount of lost dollars in sales, then it would take in my time to remedy the dissatisfied customers.

But that's just the way I would do business; as so would Ford, Honda, Toyota, GE, Albertson's, Winco, Dilliards and other retailers

My reloads work in two Sigs, two Rugers, four Springfield XDMs, two Colts, and one Paraordinance. I don't think that their chambers are out of spec. I bought LWD barrels, simply because I had a lot of cast lead bullets, that I wanted to shoot out of two newly acquired Glocks, a 27 and a 30.

Wow what a mess with my experience with LWD and what a complete opposite experience with KKM. Love those barrels and if any anything the KKM is a whisper more accurate, for me, than the LWD barrels where.

Before I buy anything from LWD, fix what I already have. Simple
Old 04-28-2012, 13:20   #196
D. Manley

Quote:
"I thought you would be happy to learn I plan to order an over sized reamer and produce a barrel just like the other guys only I will charge $99.95 ($79.95 to those that promise to post their exquisite experience)..... maybe even to this very thread?"
JR...

Whether or not everyone agrees with your position I do appreciate your input into the issue/thread. For what my opinion is worth (and, we all know that), I think offering a "standard" reamed chamber in addition to your tighter "match" version is a great idea and will prove very good for LWD and the consumer as well.

I don't have a dog in this fight but would point out that we're talking about the Glock platform here. While the Glock can indeed be a lot more accurate than many believe it's not and it's not going to be a bullseye-capable weapon. With this in mind, a really snug, tight, chamber may well be a bit of "overkill" since accuracy is inherently limited by other factors. I appreciate your emphasis on quality (have more parts enroute as we speak) but IMHO, offering two versions will prove a win-win deal for everyone and if you follow through, you deserve kudos for listening to this portion of your customer base even, if you disagree with their reasoning.

Should you offer the standard | match cut chamber options, an EGW style multi-port case gauge for both chamber versions would be a natural fit for your product line and offer a unique tool for reloaders beyond the standard fare. I suspect such a tool would be attractive to a fairly large number of serious reloaders.
Old 04-28-2012, 16:17   #197
njl

Quote:
Fact: Run your loads through a case gauge before shooting. Many reloaders currently use Dillon or Midway stainless case gauges however these manufactures are known to have liberal tolerances. If your Dillon or Midway case gauge works with the LWD chamber you are good to go. If not, we recommend you use the EGW case gauge. The EGW is known to run tighter tolerances.
I've never used an EGW gauge, but I can't agree that Dillon's gauges are liberal. My first Dillon .45acp gauge didn't work on any of my first reloads, and then when I checked factory (CCI) ammo with it, those wouldn't go all the way in either. I sent it back to Dillon, and they sent me another that's very nearly as tight as the first. Lots of my .45 reloads don't quite fit the gauge, but drop right into my Glock barrels (with enough to spare that you can shake/wiggle them around in the chamber).

I really don't understand Freak's issue with supposedly short throats. If the lead is hitting the rifling, you need to run a shorter OAL. WTH is so complicated about that?
Old 04-28-2012, 19:28   #198
alitke15

Maybe I can get some help here as others have. I wanted to have more practice, on the cheap, for my glock 22 and figured I should start reloading lead, thus I bought a LWD .40 S&W barrel. I began reloading at 1.125 (Plus or minus as I am using mixed brass) same as my FMJ ammo I used in my standard Glock barrel. Attached is a picture of the lead I am using. I am constantly getting rounds that will not go plunk or even fit in the chamber more than halfway. I know that with lead you get a little more variation so I sent in my barrel to LWD to have it reamed and it was sent back with a note saying either A) Add more crimp or B) ammunition is to large. They would not bore it out. So I now have a barrel that I simply cannot use. I am not about to plunk test each and every round I want to fire. What would you guys , with experience, think is the best option? All reloads obviously work perfectly in the glock standard barrel but the tighter chamber in the LWD barrel is killing me.

Reloading
Reloading

Should I seat longer/shorter? I have tried another lead provider with same issues coming up. Just lost as to what to do.

Last edited by alitke15; 04-28-2012 at 19:32..
Old 04-28-2012, 20:03   #199
Colorado4Wheel

Use your dial calipers thin end to measure a little below the flare and then the thick end to measure the very end at the flare. Confirm it's all gone but not going inward. Then seat the bullet deeper till it goes thunk. Let us know how short that is. I think the shoulder of the bullet is too far out of the case. But I am using my smart phone.

Last edited by Colorado4Wheel; 04-28-2012 at 20:07..
Old 04-28-2012, 20:06   #200
Bob2223
Jack's buddy!

Alitke15,,
Looking at the ring on the bullet it appears you may be using a RN seater plug in the seating die?
Don't know about all 40 dies or what your using but most have a TC seater plug, I know RCBS does.
If the bullet is even slightly misaligned when its seated you can get a little case bulge. In the tight chambers thats sometimes just enough to cause problems.
Try measuring a loaded round that doesnt fit right about the depth of the bullet and keep turning it to see if you get the same measurements all the way around.
Thats just a guess because you say you getting some rounds that wont go 1/2 way, sounds like you gettin some that do fit?

Bob
Back Yard Shooting Competition
Closed Thread

Tags
38super, glock bulge is a myth, kkm rocks, lwd barrels, match grade glory, who's a democrat?