Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 09:30   #241
godgunsanddogs
Registered User
 
godgunsanddogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
Sorry for the bad pics, don't know why one won't enlarge, and one did'nt even show up, I'll get better ones as soon as I can ....
godgunsanddogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 16:33   #242
chemboy
Senior Member
 
chemboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Utumno
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
OK here is my 20sf. I had the slide finished in cerra-hide house finish by CCR. A little darker than I wanted but it is growing on me. This is a new gen3...and has functioned flawlessly with stock RSA and stock barrel. Mostly Swamp Fox and Buffalo Bore....Will be ordering Underwood this week....

Looking for a 29sf in the very near future...
How do you like those adjustable MePros?? I have the same sight on my G20SF and I am happy with them thus far, though the front sight blade is a little tall for my taste.
__________________
"Say hello to my little friend!!!"-Al Pacino in 'Scarface.'


Current Glocks: 19,26,20SF,29SF, 21Gen4,23Gen4,32Gen4
AA 22lr conversion kit for G20.
chemboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:27   #243
SDGlock23
Glockoholic
 
SDGlock23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Land of Forgetfulness
Posts: 7,725
Factory fresh G20sf:

The 10 Ring
__________________
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."
SDGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 20:55   #245
drew02a
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 50
First pistol ever owned was the G29. Here's a pic next to a G20SF I had for awhile

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

20SF with Lone Wolff 6.6" threaded barrel and Burris Fast Fire

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

Didn't like the SF because of the way it felt in my hand. Got lucky and was able to trade it straight up to a guy for a G20C Last week

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

I'm currently waiting on a long slide from Lone Wolf. The next thing i want to buy is a compensated .40 S&W conversion barrel
drew02a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:11   #246
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.
 
nickE10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 4,349
Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew02a View Post
First pistol ever owned was the G29. Here's a pic next to a G20SF I had for awhile

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

20SF with Lone Wolff 6.6" threaded barrel and Burris Fast Fire

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

Didn't like the SF because of the way it felt in my hand. Got lucky and was able to trade it straight up to a guy for a G20C Last week

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

I'm currently waiting on a long slide from Lone Wolf. The next thing i want to buy is a compensated .40 S&W conversion barrel
Awesome pics, man.... I'd be anxious if you've ever done any 25y + groupings with it....
__________________
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:27   #247
drew02a
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickE10mm View Post
Awesome pics, man.... I'd be anxious if you've ever done any 25y + groupings with it....
Not yet. Lone Wolf Pro Pick trigger comes in on monday. I'll hit the range after I install if. Will hopefully have 50yrd results to post up. I plan to hunt hogs and deer with this gun next season!
drew02a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 17:27   #248
justin10mm
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15
This is my Glock 20, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

The 10 Ring
justin10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:31   #249
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.
 
nickE10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 4,349
Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew02a View Post
Not yet. Lone Wolf Pro Pick trigger comes in on monday. I'll hit the range after I install if. Will hopefully have 50yrd results to post up. I plan to hunt hogs and deer with this gun next season!
Please share!!
__________________
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:16   #250
justin10mm
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15
delete

Last edited by justin10mm; 05-13-2012 at 19:59..
justin10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 16:02   #251
Yondering
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 563
My 10mm setups, both on the same G21SF frame.

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring
Yondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 21:47   #252
drew02a
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
My 10mm setups, both on the same G21SF frame.

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring
Looks great! What height of rear sight did you put on the long slide?
drew02a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 22:18   #253
Yondering
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 563
The longslide has a stock plastic glock rear sight, and steel white dot front sight. Both are the same height as the stock G20/21 slides.
Yondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 21:40   #254
drew02a
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickE10mm View Post
Awesome pics, man.... I'd be anxious if you've ever done any 25y + groupings with it....
The 10 Ring

Here's a 6 shot grouping at 15yds on an 8" target. Freehand using the red dot sight. Still trying to get used to the new trigger, and jerked the one on the left pretty bad. I'm not a huge fan of the red dot and will probably be putting the stock rear sight back on this slide.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to take it out to 50yds. Hoping to grab some sand bags and give it a try soon
drew02a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:26   #255
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.
 
nickE10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 4,349
Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew02a View Post
The 10 Ring

Here's a 6 shot grouping at 15yds on an 8" target. Freehand using the red dot sight. Still trying to get used to the new trigger, and jerked the one on the left pretty bad. I'm not a huge fan of the red dot and will probably be putting the stock rear sight back on this slide.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to take it out to 50yds. Hoping to grab some sand bags and give it a try soon
Looks like a great group minus the flyer

You don't like the red dot? Hmm... wow. Haven't heard that one too many times....
__________________
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:45   #256
Yondering
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 563
I really dislike red dots on pistols too, especially mounted up high.

However, when set low in the slide, with back up iron sights that co-index with the dot, they work really well.
Yondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:56   #257
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.
 
nickE10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 4,349
Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
I really dislike red dots on pistols too, especially mounted up high.

However, when set low in the slide, with back up iron sights that co-index with the dot, they work really well.
I guess I should have made that clear... I was referring to reflex sights. I wouldn't like a red-dot either on a pistol. In fact, I returned my Bushnell red-dot back to Amazon after having it on my 22/45 for a week or two. Great sight but it really messes up the balance of the pistol too much. I will never have another scope / red-dot on a pistol, ever. Only exception would be an RMR.
__________________
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:59   #258
drew02a
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickE10mm View Post
I guess I should have made that clear... I was referring to reflex sights. I wouldn't like a red-dot either on a pistol. In fact, I returned my Bushnell red-dot back to Amazon after having it on my 22/45 for a week or two. Great sight but it really messes up the balance of the pistol too much. I will never have another scope / red-dot on a pistol, ever. Only exception would be an RMR.
Well, it's a Burris Fastfire, so I think that technically it's a reflex. Oddly enough, the biggest thing I didn't like was that it's about 1/2" higher than the stock sights. Also, for a follow up shot it took me too long to find the little red dot. I'm sure i would get better with practice though

Also having a slide melt with backup ironsights would help speed too
drew02a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:24   #259
Cwlongshot
Senior Member
 
Cwlongshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 434
Here is two of mine!

The 10 Ring

The 10 Ring

CW
__________________
NRA Life member • NRA Certified Pistol & Shotgun Instructor • NRA Certified Rifle Coach • Certified Range Officer • Reloading Instructor
ALWAYS REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Cwlongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:35   #260
drew02a
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickE10mm View Post
Looks like a great group minus the flyer

You don't like the red dot? Hmm... wow. Haven't heard that one too many times....
Well, I don't have any new range data, but I've changed my mind about the red dot. Shot a cottontail at 100yds yesterday evening

Last edited by drew02a; 05-26-2012 at 11:35..
drew02a is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:49.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 945
279 Members
666 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31