SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:36   #26
robert91922

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknight8907 View Post
Did you know the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary? For real, look it up!
Depends on which dictionary you have. I looked into Google internet dictionary to find out what this word means in my language and found it:
http://translate.google.com/?hl=sl#en|sl|gullible

P.S.: A lot of members here on Glock Talk are proud owners of one or more revolvers. Perhaps they (we) are a bit too shy to brag about that. Well, as I mentioned, I own a Taurus M44 CP w. 6,5" barrel. This .44 Rem Mag is not the strongest possible caliber for a wheelgun but affordable for me and what's most important, still manageable for me to shoot 3 DA double taps on 3 targets at 10 yards reasonably fast.
The Wheelhouse

Last edited by robert91922; 01-20-2012 at 08:34..
robert91922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 15:31   #27
Fox
Varmit Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
There's no comparison between having 17+1 rounds of 9mm under my trigger in one pistol to having one revolver plus a couple of speedloaders or speed strips. ..
If you need that many rounds, then your gunfight will make national headline news for a week.

A revolver is adequate for civilian self defense. This ain't Baghdad or Kabul.

Last edited by Fox; 01-21-2012 at 15:32..
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:49   #28
PzGren

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Yeah, years ago this used to be a happening place.
Isn't that the truth! And the rimfire section was really alive; I have to admit that I am at RFC since many years and enjoy that site.

We should breathe some live into this place. How about posting some photos?
PzGren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 22:48   #29
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzGren View Post
We should breathe some live into this place. How about posting some photos?

The Wheelhouse

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:34   #30
PzGren

BAC,

I got a Service&, too. Just mine was a project gun that I tried rust bluing on. The bluing lasts pretty well now.

The Wheelhouse
Old 02-18-2012, 05:48   #31
58duck

y'unz guyz want to delete the 'wheelhouse' ?? not yet, man, i'm just gettin started and am gonna have a ton of questions . . .

i was born & raised in western PA, but now reside in NW Ohio - but, PA will always be 'home'

if i knew how to post pics, i would post a pic of my Dad's service revolver. it's a S&W pre-Model 10 with a 4" barrel that Dad bought brand new in 1957. he gave it to me a few years after he retired. i shoot it a few times here and there - mostly to blow the spiders out of the barrel.
the other pics i don't have are of the Taurus Model 66 i acquired last summer. it's a .357 Magnum with a 6" barrel - all silver with nice wood grips. i originally bought it for the looks, but it shoots pretty darn well - well enough to make me look good . . . hope to use it a lot more this summer.

if any of you guys are in the sandusky area of NW ohio, feel free to meet me at a range somewhere and give me some pointers . . .
Old 02-18-2012, 05:52   #32
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

My only DAO revolver,......

S&W NYPD matte finish 640

The Wheelhouse
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:37   #33
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58duck View Post
if i knew how to post pics, i would post a pic of my Dad's service revolver. it's a S&W pre-Model 10 with a 4" barrel that Dad bought
Photobucket is free and works great.

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 02-18-2012, 06:41   #34
bac1023

The Wheelhouse

The Wheelhouse

The Wheelhouse

The Wheelhouse

The Wheelhouse

The Wheelhouse

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 04-28-2012, 15:29   #35
Rex G

Send a message via AIM to Rex G
I think having both a Snubby Club and the Wheelhouse hurts the Wheelhouse, as the most popular revolvers these days are snubbies. The General Firearms forum is easier to reach that this one, which means it catches many of the revolver-related posts. I am not in favor of deleting the Wheelhouse, and will try to post here more often. Actually, I have rarely visited GT lately, but will try to drop in more often.
Rex G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 16:58   #36
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Picked up a 642 the other day...

The Wheelhouse

I still think they're ugly as sin, but a whole heap of utility in a little package.

Last edited by Zombie Steve; 04-28-2012 at 16:59..
Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 17:24   #37
Bluestreakfl

I actually really enjoy the wheelhouse. 2 of my 3 handguns are wheelies. I'm 24, and get real strange looks sometimes when I tell people I carry a revolver. I think simple is better though, and I shoot both of my revolvers much better than I do my G27.

My first is a Smith & Wesson 65-5 Lady Smith K frame in .357 Magnum with a 3" barrel and in stainless steel. Absolute pleasure to shoot. She underwent plastic surgery for when shooting lots of magnums at the range with a set of pachmayr decelerators but for carry the rosewood grips are a bit more slim. The WheelhouseThe Wheelhouse

My other is a North American Arms Mini Master, fixed sights, 4" in stainless steel chambered for .22 magnum and it's also got the extra cylinder for .22LR. It's a great little bug gun, and also a blast to shoot.
The WheelhouseThe Wheelhouse

My current round count on my G27 is somewhere around 1400, however these 2 are causing it to get neglected, and their round count is making a steady catch up.

Sent from my phone booth
G27 Gen3, Mossberg 500A, Mossberg 702 Plinkster, Armi Salvinelli 12gauge Strapgun. Florida Glockers Club #941
"Politics is 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote."
Bluestreakfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 22:53   #38
PzGren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakfl View Post
.... I'm 24, and get real strange looks sometimes when I tell people I carry a revolver. ...
My sons are 21 and 23 and both carry revolvers that they chose from among my guns, a Ruger SP101 and a S&W 642 but when they go to the range they always take a couple of Glocks along as well, mostly a high mileage G23/9.
Old 04-30-2012, 18:42   #39
Chup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknight8907 View Post
Did you know the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary? For real, look it up!
but,but, I want one!!!
Chup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 20:23   #40
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
I think having both a Snubby Club and the Wheelhouse hurts the Wheelhouse, as the most popular revolvers these days are snubbies.
Good point...

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 05-04-2012, 00:56   #41
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chup View Post
I wish this forum got more action. Wheel Guns are my favorite. Semis are OK but, Wheel Guns have that look like, a Springer Front End, a Suicide Shift, a 55 Buick. Wheel Guns in 357 Snub Nose. Thats what I carry. Give me a 7 shot 617 Taurus with a 442 S&W 38+P back up. A Ruger SP101 with a LCR357 back up. Some days I'll stick a 357 Taurus 7 shot 4" Tracker cross draw IWB and Ruger LCR357 in my pocket as backup. Today I went light and carried the LCR357 cross draw and my 442 38+P S&W in my pocket. I always have Speed Loaders and Speed Strips for reloads. I have never herd a Armed Citizen Story ware they needed a Ton of ammo to save their life. If Two guns and reloads don't save me than I guess I'm done for. I bet a weeks pay over half the guys that carry a semi-auto don't practice malfunction drills or know what to do if they had one in a self defense situation.

Wheel guns are more attractive and more interesting than auto pistols. Of course that is just my opinion.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 20:40   #42
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
Wheel guns are more attractive and more interesting than auto pistols. Of course that is just my opinion.
Its a toss up for me, actually.

I love both.

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 05-06-2012, 21:20   #43
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I think revolvers are the beauty contestants and the pistols are the tool section. Don't get me wrong, I am a tool freak and they have great looks too, but the beauty goes to the revolver.

(I know almost everyone on this site thinks my revolver (Rhino .357 Magnum snubby and 4") are abominations, but I can shoot as long as I can afford it without any hand problems)

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 17:19   #44
HAMMERHEAD

Let's keep the forum and make an effort to post here more often.
A lot of autos have come and gone since I bought this back around Y2K.
The Wheelhouse

Last edited by HAMMERHEAD; 05-07-2012 at 17:24..
HAMMERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 19:28   #45
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
I think revolvers are the beauty contestants and the pistols are the tool section. Don't get me wrong, I am a tool freak and they have great looks too, but the beauty goes to the revolver.

(I know almost everyone on this site thinks my revolver (Rhino .357 Magnum snubby and 4") are abominations, but I can shoot as long as I can afford it without any hand problems)
I've never seen the word "beauty" in a post about the Rhino before.

The Wheelhouse

got wood?
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 17:15   #46
HAMMERHEAD

I think if we petitioned we could get the forum bumped up to the front page of General Firearms like the HK forum or the Rimfire forum.

I think wheel guns have a stronger following than HK's.
Old 05-08-2012, 20:15   #47
PlasticGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
Used to one of the best.
I warned the admins that too many clubs would kill each other.
No one listened.
This was here first.
I wrote the same thing. This used to be one of my favorite forums. Pulling out Ruger and S&W doesn't leave a whole lot of activity. Too bad.
Old 05-08-2012, 20:22   #48
countrygun

I thin "wheelguns" is a more interesting concept than breaking them down by brand, ..........even if I do have a few S&Ws (these are just some of the "K" frames

The Wheelhouse
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 20:41   #49
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
I've never seen the word "beauty" in a post about the Rhino before.

The Wheelhouse

got wood?

The word "Beauty" in my post was distinctly not associated with the Brand Rhino.

You made that association. Do you have "strange hidden/latent tendencies"?

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 20:03   #50
HAMMERHEAD

I have to try one of those Rhinos.

How about getting rid of the 'Gun Related Clubs ' sub forum and bumping all the worthy clubs like 'The Wheelhouse' up to the 'General Firearms' forum. That would strengthen the good ones and the weak ones could be eliminated or merged into stronger related clubs.