Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 11:03   #61
phinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
Easy! You're upsetting phinfan.

Will lost his FFL! How and when did that happen? (Didn't have anything to do with those explosions they were rigging, did it?)
As I said earlier, these threads are great entertainment, seeing who can go the lowest.

It is also interesting that so many people who thinks the show is retarded, seem to know so much about it.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:13   #62
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinfan View Post
As I said earlier, these threads are great entertainment, seeing who can go the lowest. It is also interesting that so many people who thinks the show is retarded, seem to know so much about it.
That's a valid criticism; it really is; and I was, kind 'a, waiting for someone to say it. I, myself, watched the first several episodes UNTIL the, 'boy finds girl' nonsense started. Then I began to notice the same things as a few other people in this thread.

THE RJF WORKMANSHIP APPEARS TO BE JUST A LITTLE CRUDE!

(Actually, by the 3rd or 4th Red Jacket show I'd already made up my mind to take my present gunsmith out to lunch, and let him eat anything he wants.)

As for everybody, 'dumping' on the program? Well, again, you have a point; but, it's got 'a be better than us picking on each other; and, obviously, there's always way too much of that going on around here.
Old 05-03-2012, 13:28   #63
countrygun

Quote:
As I said earlier, these threads are great entertainment, seeing who can go the lowest.

It is also interesting that so many people who thinks the show is retarded, seem to know so much about it.

Could this be one of those "Do you still beat your wife?" observations?

If they didn't know much about it, the argument would be "How can you say it's retarded if you DON'T watch it?"
Old 05-04-2012, 05:03   #64
Ford302Glock21
Chrome Horsie

Send a message via AIM to Ford302Glock21 Send a message via Yahoo to Ford302Glock21

I called both those shows stupid a long time ago. They still are but I have been watching them because they still get to play with some nice things and I get to watch it in hd. Its still more entertaining than 99% of tv. Also like american pickers and pawn stars as well. Also like to watch chopper. I don't watch much for the drama but more for the hardware. I don't even ride motorcycles for fear but I like engines and fabrication.

I have to say that even with all the shennanigans on these shows every one of them is patriotic for the us military and generally get involved with charity even if they still waste gobs of money for their own egos. That's at least a positive interaction with society.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 05-04-2012, 10:22   #65
michael_b
BRC #1492

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGlock View Post
Back in 2009 or something like that and it was due to them losing track of @ 10 firearms. I believe they were full auto firearms at that. Vince took over the FFL and then he left and it went to Joe? Also Joe is licensed to handle explosives and pyrotechnics, don't remember where I read it though.
I never read that about Joe, but they have mentioned Joes license for explosives on the show- season three I believe.

Will and his daughter both lost their licenses and negotiated with the ATF to keep RJF open, Will could own it but someone else had to have the FFL. Which makes the whole Vince drama kind of odd. Plus, after losing track of 10(!) guns, I wouldn't have trusted them to sell guns and do paperwork under my FFL.

No matter what I think of what they build( Chris couldn't assemble an AR? Seriously? Sure it's full auto- but come on! ), it's still entertaining.

Posted from my iPhone

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto
Old 05-04-2012, 10:26   #66
michael_b
BRC #1492

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigFTW View Post
The best show about building and fabrication is "How It's Made" on the Science Channel. No drama, scripted conflicts, fake builds and other crap.
+1!

Posted from my iPhone

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto
Old 05-04-2012, 10:46   #67
MadMonkey
Spershul Furces

Send a message via AIM to MadMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to MadMonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigFTW View Post
The best show about building and fabrication is "How It's Made" on the Science Channel.
Love that show
Old 05-04-2012, 14:21   #68
NW-Warlord

The only truly great gun show on TV was 'Tales of the Gun'. I have not seen it on TV in a long time. I did buy the box set a couple years ago. It sure beats any of the drama gun crap on these days.

Wish they would make some new episodes. But they would probably ruin it by putting the reality TV morons on it.
Old 05-04-2012, 15:35   #69
OrangePwr9

I TRY to watch SOG whenever I can. Mostly just to irritate my GF. 5 or 10 minutes in there's such a fuss that the channel HAS TO get changed.

Works every time.

Last edited by OrangePwr9; 05-04-2012 at 15:35..
Old 05-04-2012, 18:52   #70
glockrex

Quote:
Gosh...I...really...want to be part of this pack mentality...please...think of something funny to say about the show and its subjects being..."retarded"...can't think of anything, gosh, and i really wanted to be one of the guys too...NOT.

Show obviously is not Gone With The Wind, but more entertaining are these threads every other week where the group just attack it all from the safety of their keyboard.

I happen to like shows like it, and American Pickers, Pawn Stars, Wheeler Dealer etc.

Que the snarky comments i had no idea were coming.

Oh, and don't let me stop any of you perfect folks from picking on any and all real, and perceived imperfections of the cast.
No, I think it is a general consensus of anyone who has seen the show and who has any knowledge of firearms, that what they come up with is total BS. It is less a show about firearms manufacturing (which it is marketed as) and more a scripted drama. Even my 9 year old niece who is just starting to learn how to shoot can pick apart the crap in the show. I tried to give it a chance, but in the end I realized these morons give responsible gun owners a bad name. For those like that, I have no problem bashing.
Old 05-05-2012, 14:04   #71
Amplified

It's been retarded since it's first episode.
Old 05-05-2012, 14:14   #72
Amplified

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyFSU View Post
Close call, my friend.

General Firearms Forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL!
Old 05-05-2012, 16:33   #73
Fragman

Have to say I stopped watching it after the first couple of episodes. Thought it was retarded back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2012, 04:11   #74
phinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockrex View Post
No, I think it is a general consensus of anyone who has seen the show and who has any knowledge of firearms, that what they come up with is total BS. It is less a show about firearms manufacturing (which it is marketed as) and more a scripted drama. Even my 9 year old niece who is just starting to learn how to shoot can pick apart the crap in the show. I tried to give it a chance, but in the end I realized these morons give responsible gun owners a bad name. For those like that, I have no problem bashing.
Well, judging from its popularity, i would say you may be wrong.

I would like to pose a question, what direction exactly did you think the show would go in, taking into consideration what RJF's did?

I had an idea, hey for next weeks show we have 150 saigas to convert....awesome, that will be much better than last weeks 145.

One more point, Hollywood has a way of changing things, and calling it artistic license .

A favorite movie of mine is The Blind Side, that is based on a true story. One of the best scenes is when Sandra Bullock gets tired of the way they are coaching him, and walks out on the field and tells him the QB, and RB are family members he should protect, then tells the coach what he is doing wrong.

One problem though, it never happened, and you can repeat that with every show or movie like it.

How many brand new gun concepts can you come up with and produce?

Can you do it weekly?

Of course you cannot, so they do their thing, and they sell it like it is the first time it has been done...so what, it is a TV show, if you don't like it don't watch, the thing is, people watch.

Last edited by phinfan; 05-07-2012 at 10:46..
Old 05-07-2012, 06:56   #75
SigFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
Love that show
MadMonkey, you avatar has me rolling

Closed Thread