P7 holster

Ok guys what would you like to see in a p7 holster and nothing is off the table
dbyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:27   #2

OK.. CQC Serpa..
436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 16:11   #3
dbyer1

Don't think I can do that but I am looking at a kydex horse hide hybrid for aound 55 dollars just want to know I could sell them
dbyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 20:58   #4
mike28w

I almost hate to answer this but here goes.... For the last 3 or 4 years I have carried mine with a "ClipDraw". It's just a spring steel clip that you attach to the slide with some sort of super adhesive tape. Cost ~ $20.

For me, it's been flawless. Doesn't shift ( but you must wear your belt tight...can't be loose). The clip has never come off accidentally and I clean it with the usual gun solvents. I have taken the clip off intentionally a couple of times and the tape pulls off easily with no residue and no effect on blueing .

I believe the ClipDraw is safe for the P7 but would have serious concerns about using it with other guns because it does not cover the trigger at all.

YMMV , of course.... Just another option. mike
mike28w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:24   #5
ca survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike28w View Post
I almost hate to answer this but here goes.... For the last 3 or 4 years I have carried mine with a "ClipDraw". It's just a spring steel clip that you attach to the slide with some sort of super adhesive tape. Cost ~ $20.

For me, it's been flawless. Doesn't shift ( but you must wear your belt tight...can't be loose). The clip has never come off accidentally and I clean it with the usual gun solvents. I have taken the clip off intentionally a couple of times and the tape pulls off easily with no residue and no effect on blueing .

I believe the ClipDraw is safe for the P7 but would have serious concerns about using it with other guns because it does not cover the trigger at all.

YMMV , of course.... Just another option. mike
That's a great idea, never liked the ClipDraw on other guns but on a P-7 will be perfect, thanks
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 17:43   #6
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
That's a great idea, never liked the ClipDraw on other guns but on a P-7 will be perfect, thanks
It still doesn't secure the weapon as well as any half decent holster. I'd avoid them at all costs, personally.
Old 05-09-2012, 21:00   #7
mike28w

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
It still doesn't secure the weapon as well as any half decent holster. I'd avoid them at all costs, personally.
Have you tried it with a P7 ?? Mine is quite stable....

I have two very nice ( and expensive) , leather IWB holsters and the ClipDraw really isn't any more unstable.... But, you do need to be willing to wear your belt tight. If you want to wear "gangster pants", you won't be happy !
Old 05-09-2012, 21:05   #8
mike28w

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
If you do get one of them, remember that you can decide where to put the clip. I put mine about 3/4" from the back of the slide. This lets the gun sit deeper and is quite stable. If you want the grip more exposed , you'll want to put the clip a little more towards the muzzle end. They give you about a half dozen of the little adhesive strips, so you can experiment and see what works best for you !! mike
Old 05-09-2012, 21:12   #9
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike28w View Post
Have you tried it with a P7 ?? Mine is quite stable....

I have two very nice ( and expensive) , leather IWB holsters and the ClipDraw really isn't any more unstable.... But, you do need to be willing to wear your belt tight. If you want to wear "gangster pants", you won't be happy !
You're talking about carrying a weapon in such a way that it's primary retention mechanism is a piece of double-sided tape. Seems like a recipe for disaster, to me, especially if you already have quality holsters.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:04   #10
mike28w

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
You're talking about carrying a weapon in such a way that it's primary retention mechanism is a piece of double-sided tape. Seems like a recipe for disaster, to me, especially if you already have quality holsters.
To each, his own.... I'm not trying to sell them, it's just my experience.

I guess that the bottom line is that a person should only do what he is comfortable with.... Be safe, mike