GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 04:53   #21
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 35,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango 1Zero View Post
So who would hit it?
Cain, apparently, as muscogee says.
__________________
"Liberal" is when you hire others to use a guns to protect you, so you can pretend guns aren't necessary.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:54   #22
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
Any new find is going to have its authenticity challenged. Scientists enjoy proving each other wrong.
Now, where have we heard this before. Hmmmm...

WWW.americanthinker.com/2011/07/the_global_warming_hoax_how_soon_we_forget.htm

http://www.forbes.com/2011/01/03/cli...arry-bell.html
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:55   #23
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
She has such a coy smile... She looks so shy. The shy ones are the wild animals in the sack you know...

Religious Issues

Randy
Religious Issues
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:22   #24
eracer
Where's my EBT?
 
eracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 6,722
Who's the bottom picture of, Piltdown Man?
__________________
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:27   #25
GreenDrake
Rip Lips
 
GreenDrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 7,698
Chicks with mutton chops like that don't do it for me.
__________________
"Can you FLY, Bobby?"
P229 EDC
GreenDrake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:22   #26
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 10,080
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
The tools for examination and analysis were primitive 90 years ago. It was pretty quickly identified as a hoax *by other scientists* shortly after a new dating technique became available. Science again proved itself to be self-correcting.

I suspect that a forgery today (a century later) would have to be much more elaborate than piltdown was.

-ArtificialGrape
As I recall from the previous sixty-some arguments about Piltdown Man, its authenticity was challenged within a year of discovery. It just wasn't definitively proven to be a hoax until later.

Even so, a hoax isn't a knock against science. It's a hoax. Orson Wells reading "War of the Worlds" on the radio doesn't decredit astronomy.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:24   #27
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 10,080
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
Chicks with mutton chops like that don't do it for me.
You just have unreasonable standards.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:30   #28
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 10,080
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
The first link is broken.

What's your point, anyway? It's a fact that global warming occurs. Are you trying to argue that no scientists disagree with the political agenda to make us believe it's man made? Because the Forbes article doesn't support that assertion.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:43   #29
Roering
Sorting nuts
 
Roering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
The first link is broken.

What's your point, anyway? It's a fact that global warming occurs. Are you trying to argue that no scientists disagree with the political agenda to make us believe it's man made? Because the Forbes article doesn't support that assertion.
Global Warming
Evolution
Gravity
Dinosaurs


Bunch of fabrications I tell you!
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Warranty voiding

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:26   #30
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 10,080
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
Global Warming
Evolution
Gravity
Dinosaurs


Bunch of fabrications I tell you!
Mammoths didn't die out. Elephants just invented razors.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:25   #31
chrisnkcmo
Takamine Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
Mammoths didn't die out. Elephants just invented razors.
So...the trunk was evolutionary? you know, so they could reach their hind quarters.
chrisnkcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:37   #32
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 10,080
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnkcmo View Post
So...the trunk was evolutionary? you know, so they could reach their hind quarters.
The God meant the trunk to be used as a straw.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 23:14   #33
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 14,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
Chicks with mutton chops like that don't do it for me.
I don't know, you can sort of guide her by holding on to her sideburns... think of them like training wheels...

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 23:17   #34
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 14,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnkcmo View Post
So...the trunk was evolutionary? you know, so they could reach their hind quarters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
The God meant the trunk to be used as a straw.
Put them together, and you get God meant the trunk to stuff straw in their hindquarters when they needed more fiber...

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:08   #35
void *
Dereference Me!
 
void *'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: #define NULL ((void *)0)
Posts: 10,241
Cue Jack Nicholson: "This elephant needs an enema ..."
__________________
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson
void * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:49   #36
Japle
John, Viera, Fl
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Viera, Florida
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnkcmo:
So...the trunk was evolutionary? you know, so they could reach their hind quarters.
Q: What do elephants use for Tampax?

A: Sheep.

Q: Why do elephants have trunks?

A: Because sheep don’t have strings.
Japle is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:48.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 897
242 Members
655 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42