Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-05-2012, 18:30   #21
jdavionic
NRA Member

So you pull up in crowd of 100 people, someone within the 100 throws a rock at your window, and you get out to confront them. Wow...what shock this didn't work out for him.

When I was a kid, I had to drive through a very rough area to get to work. This was over 30 yrs ago. Somehow I had enough common sense to know you don't get out of the vehicle to confront people that harrass you in an area where you're outnumbered and unwanted...and that was often tested.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 18:32   #22
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty02 View Post
In theory that makes sense. I just donít know how anyone would not see danger from a 100 person mob when one throws a rock at you.
Pretty much the point of my post above. Common sense can be quite challenging for some folks.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 18:40   #23
JK-linux

Last edited by JK-linux; 05-21-2012 at 18:44..
JK-linux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 18:42   #24
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
So you pull up in crowd of 100 people, someone within the 100 throws a rock at your window, and you get out to confront them. Wow...what shock this didn't work out for him.

When I was a kid, I had to drive through a very rough area to get to work. This was over 30 yrs ago. Somehow I had enough common sense to know you don't get out of the vehicle to confront people that harrass you in an area where you're outnumbered and unwanted...and that was often tested.
That's because you recognize, when you get out of the car in that area, that people will side against you, based on race, ethnicity, income, or whatever makes them different from you.

Liberals are required to pretend that isn't true, to the point that some of them probably believe it.

Last edited by Bren; 05-05-2012 at 21:15..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:30   #25
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
That's because you recognize, when you get out of the car in that area, that people will side against you, based on race, ethnicity, income, or whatever makes them different from you.

Liberals are required to pretend that isn't true, to the point that some of them probably believe it.
Possible...

I think its more basic than that. Its the classic mistake many people make on both sides, assuming that the world works like you think it should work, rather than the way it does work.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 05-06-2012 at 08:30..
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 13:43   #26
dosei

Quote:
In theory that makes sense. I just donít know how anyone would not see danger from a 100 person mob when one throws a rock at you.

I really dislike that quote.

It is very simple. They do not see a 100 person mob. The see 100 individuals (not a mob, not a group, not a gang...100 individual people)...one of which thru a rock. Couple that with the notion that the majority of people are good, and you have someone under the delusion that it is the rock-chucker who is outnumbered and surrounded.
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 15:10   #27
SpectreRider
Armed Citizen

Quote:
If you google “mob attacks” “criminal flash mobs” and the like, you’ll find it is not all that uncommon. I did the research some time ago and was a bit surprised none were published for Florida in the past couple of years. A big one happened not long ago at a fair, I think it was one of the “M” states, but I don’t recall exactly.

I read that story before; I couldn’t fathom what the person that got out of the car was thinking. What was the objective? What did he plan to accomplish? Why would anyone get out a vehicle if they know someone is trying to inflict harm? Drive through the mob is you must, getting away from there and to safety would have to be the first and main objective.

I just did the search again and found this: http://violentflashmobs.com/ and FL seems to have joined the other states: http://cofcc.org/2012/04/mob-attacks...ltona-florida/, there are several other stories as well now.

. The people living at the house are apparently Puerto Ricans. Police have not released any details on the mob that attacked their house.- From the link about the Florida mob attack

I just hate how that little bit of info is so often left out. It is as people are trying to cover. I bet I could guess correctly.

Last edited by SpectreRider; 05-06-2012 at 15:20..
SpectreRider is offline   Reply With Quote