SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-06-2012, 22:54   #1
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

All non-believers will be destroyed

The new date: June 30, 2012 (July 1, across the international date line)

I feel like we should start keeping track of these Biblically based predictions of Armageddon.

http://life.nationalpost.com/2012/05/01/the-time-is-finished-religious-sect-erects-billboards-in-toronto-ahead-of-the-transformation/
Old 05-06-2012, 23:04   #2
Airhasz

Yup, and the believers will end up dead right next to them among with the rich, the powerful, the weak and your mother in law...lol
Airhasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 23:32   #3
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

All such predictions of the date are not biblically sound.

As Jesus stated, according to Matthew 24:36, "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 00:31   #4
Guss

Guess I'll max out my credit cards.
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 00:48   #5
void *
Dereference Me!

I kind of hope that after June 30, the guy will say something along the lines of 'Hey, those who say they don't believe and didn't get destroyed really do believe, and are hiding it from themselves'.
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson
void * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:53   #6
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

I just wish everyone who believes in any specific date would back up their faith and give me all their stuff the day before. I mean, they aren't going to need it, right? Easy way to call them on the carpet on their faith.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:25   #7
rgregoryb
Sapere aude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
I just wish everyone who believes in any specific date would back up their faith and give me all their stuff the day before. I mean, they aren't going to need it, right? Easy way to call them on the carpet on their faith.
it didn't hurt the SDA............

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:48   #8
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Quote:
That's been done already. Except that the guys who convinced the 'faithful' to give up everything were experts at lying about their true nature.

You just outed yourself as a non-believer, and I will not give you anything.
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:34   #9
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

I have never hidden that I am a non believer. Still doesn't refute that the EOD gang shows lack of faith when they can't even give away their worldly possessions if it all ends tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:09   #10
Glock!9

Send a message via AIM to Glock!9
Why do we even bring up these wackos? How many people really believe these guys when they come out with these silly dates...
Old 05-07-2012, 08:15   #11
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
All such predictions of the date are not biblically sound.

As Jesus stated, according to Matthew 24:36, "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
Seems like the atheists who "know" the Bible would be aware of that verse and not post non-factual references about the Bible.Why do you think they do that? DOC
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:31   #12
void *
Dereference Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Seems like the atheists who "know" the Bible would be aware of that verse and not post non-factual references about the Bible.Why do you think they do that?

Is it your contention that atheists are claiming a particular date, and claiming the Bible supports the particular date? It looks to me a whole lot like "Growing in Grace International" is claiming a particular date, and it is certainly not atheists who make claims of the world ending on a particular date. (Edit: In this case, it was a believer in the article who made the claim that this prediction is "based on biblical passages").

Perhaps you should ask those believers why they claim particular dates, despite the ease of being aware of that particular verse.
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson

Last edited by void *; 05-07-2012 at 08:35..
void * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:32   #13
Glock!9

Send a message via AIM to Glock!9
Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Seems like the atheists who "know" the Bible would be aware of that verse and not post non-factual references about the Bible.Why do you think they do that? DOC
I think your missing a very important point here. Both religious and atheists alike use the same dishonest tactic. Use the extremes as an example to invalidate the majority.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:16   #14
Roering
Sorting nuts

I never took much stock in these predictions. However with the Mayan calendar running out AND Dick Clark passing away...

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:32   #15
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
I never took much stock in these predictions. However with the Mayan calendar running out AND Dick Clark passing away...
Good point.

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:22   #16
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by void * View Post
Is it your contention that atheists are claiming a particular date, and claiming the Bible supports the particular date? It looks to me a whole lot like "Growing in Grace International" is claiming a particular date, and it is certainly not atheists who make claims of the world ending on a particular date. (Edit: In this case, it was a believer in the article who made the claim that this prediction is "based on biblical passages").

Perhaps you should ask those believers why they claim particular dates, despite the ease of being aware of that particular verse.
I simply believe the Bible...............................
Old 05-07-2012, 11:24   #17
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock!9 View Post
I think your missing a very important point here. Both religious and atheists alike use the same dishonest tactic. Use the extremes as an example to invalidate the majority.
You are correct, lol, I just wanted to get a rise out of the atheists. Sorry guys.............
Old 05-07-2012, 13:13   #18
Paul7
New Guy

For a minute I thought this thread was about Islam, until I saw who started it. That billboard really cramps your life, huh AM?

Just another case of Christians disregarding Jesus' statement that no man knows that date. You don't judge a philosophy by it's misuse.

Last edited by Paul7; 05-07-2012 at 13:15..
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 13:24   #19
scccdoc

Quote:
If you get an extra Colt Gold Cup,let me know, lol
Old 05-07-2012, 13:47   #20
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

What, me worry?

All non-believers will be destroyed.

Well, we all have nothing to worry about.

Non-believers won't worry because they won't believe.

Nobody else will be destroyed, so why worry?

Only believers who care about non-believers would worry, but non-believers hate them (and their proselytizing) anyway, so what, me worry?
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote