Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 17:17   #261
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Wisky: Not a Demo at all.... simply stated I feel like one. Now I can relate to their feelings completely. You basically stated our customers were brainless and expected plugs to reduce there over all times (points)? Whatever. I figured you must have been somebody or done something remarkable? list it?
dkf: I have been in the business from the very start of Glock. Shot with the original crew. Watched their improvements over the years which completely proves my statement: Perfection is in the making!

I am wondering how many CEO's sign up for this type banter? Seems LWD gets a lot of flack for not listening however is one of the original supporters of GT and innovaters of Glock products. Here I am .... making changes as (basically) requested. I hope you guys dont take this stuff personal. (the banter) Truth be known: I am sitting in my room, second story Shilo Inn Seaside OR looking at a almost empty glass of Vodka Tonic, watching the waves roll in, asking myself....... why do I bother with this conversation?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 05-05-2012, 17:21   #262
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Wisky: Not a Demo at all.... simply stated I feel like one. Now I can relate to their feelings completely. You basically stated our customers were brainless and expected plugs to reduce there over all times (points)? Whatever. I figured you must have been somebody or done something remarkable? list it?
dkf: I have been in the business from the very start of Glock. Shot with the original crew. Watched their improvements over the years which completely proves my statement: Perfection is in the making!

I am wondering how many CEO's sign up for this type banter? Seems LWD gets a lot of flack for not listening however is one of the original supporters of GT and innovaters of Glock products. Here I am .... making changes as (basically) requested. I hope you guys dont take this stuff personal. (the banter) Truth be known: I am sitting in my room, second story Shilo Inn Seaside OR looking at a almost empty glass of Vodka Tonic, watching the waves roll in, asking myself....... why do I bother with this conversation?

Hey, you can try to change the subject of this thread to being about me all you want. The fact is, your products, and attitude have been displayed for all to see and it is immortalized on the interwebs

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
Old 05-05-2012, 17:29   #263
Cwlongshot

I have been reading everything i can find and VERY much look forward to tring BOTH the LW and KKM side by side!!

I am siked to have scored such a good price on the ported LW barrel. I just hope its not too noisy...

I am not a huge lead slinger. I do have a couple I will never be with out but none yet for the 10MM... time will tell.

CW

Last edited by Cwlongshot; 05-05-2012 at 17:30..
Old 05-05-2012, 17:38   #264
JR
GT Sponsor

Finally..... YES< I AM IMMORAL< ! Uh, er, immortal... or something like that.

What I said is true, send your barrels back. PLEASE. I will keep count and relay the truthful findings..... (3 to 5 expected to return). FREE, FREE, FREE. CW: if you have any issue using reloads please by all means contact me so we can get your unbiased opinion regarding the Colt chamber.

Wisky: I treat my customers with the up most respect... as you clearly stated... you never will be a customer..... so I guess that makes you an exception?
Really, dont take any of this personal. I push back regardless of who steps on my foot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 05-05-2012, 18:09   #265
glockout

I don't come on Glock Talk very often. I have nearly always found that if you treat the other parties nice in a discussion then you normally get good treatment back.

LWD has treated me fine. My old Glock 23 Gen1 runs better than ever.

Last edited by glockout; 05-05-2012 at 18:12..
Old 05-05-2012, 22:24   #266
shotgunred
reloading nut

I have mine lone wolf barrels working with my lead reloads, but I have two lone wolf barrels so I will send you one and then report the differences and my impressions.

I will agree you get props for sticking around and replying even though you have taken some abuse in this thred.
and motivated by pride and vanity.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:59   #267
dougader

You know, I bought my LWD 9mm barrel so I could shoot lead in my G26. I knew ahead of time that the loads I cranked out on my 550b for a G19 (in the days before anyone knew lead was bad for polygonal/Glock barrels) might not chamber in the tighter chamber/shorter throat of the LWD barrel. These loads certainly wouldn't chamber well is a custom Hi-Power with a new BarSto barrel!

I took a chance, and yep, they don't chamber. So, when I eventually get around to it, I will be sending in a dummy round with my LWD G26 barrel to have the throat reamed to work with these mass produced practice rounds... I don't feel like pulling some 800 rounds and starting over, lol.

BUT, I will be sending JR the $10 or whatever it costs to have this done. I knew this might be the case, and it is with my barrel. I don't expect a free service for something I expected to need to pay.

I think everyone knows the aftermarket barrels are tighter than stock Glock barrels. Its why we get these barrels for 10mm and 45 Super. Better case head support, sometimes better accuracy, etc. I have had zero problems with my LWD 6", 4 port G21 barrel for 45 Super.

"In St. Louis, armed Homeland Security agents monitored Tea Party members protesting the IRS. Good idea. When people think their government is out to get them, the best response is to send the government out to get them." -Fred Thompson

Last edited by dougader; 05-06-2012 at 12:51.. Reason: spelling
Old 05-06-2012, 14:12   #268
Cycletroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
Not true. LW is much shorter and tighter for no real benefit and a huge PITA factor.
I am going to guess you work for LW or have nice script provided by JR. I have owned a LW and KKM as have many in this thread. Way more then 5 dissatisfied people.

And I am going to guess you are a troll and just like stirring the pot.
Never met JR, bought my first LW barrel used from someone else. Have bought stuff from LW and have received exactly what I paid for.

JR, you have my sympathies. I am leaving this thread behind. If any of you would like my thoughts on LW barrels and handloading 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 Sig and .45ACP/.45 Super thru them drop me a PM and I will give you my (fairly) objective thoughts.
Adios muchachos!
Old 05-06-2012, 16:42   #269
Colorado4Wheel

Your still wrong.
Old 05-06-2012, 19:53   #270
shotgunred
reloading nut

This one is for you JR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
Actually, it's clear as mud. I read it twice just to be fair to you and you completely undo the first part of your post with the last part of it. It's exactly like the promise a slimy democrat would make. Just like bho when he said he was for spreading the wealth around, and then he wasn't for wealth redistribution, all in the same sentence.
This one is from 1 31 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
Hey Red, please try to be coherent will you? I never said don't load light loads. I said doing it with jacketed bullets is a potentially dangerous practice. I provide proof to that effect and you change the subject. You argue like a Democrat. When you are challenged you change the subject and put words in my mouth.

You haven't had a squib with your load because your load isn't light enough. Load down a bit and see what happens. When you do get a squib with a jacketed bullet, use the same load substituting a lead bullet. The lead bullet won't stick.
Anyone who disagrees with him is a Democrat. After all name calling is better than logic.
Old 05-06-2012, 20:01   #271
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunred View Post
This one is for you JR.

This one is from 1 31 2010

Anyone who disagrees with him is a Democrat. After all name calling is better than logic.
And this is for you SGRed:

Quote:
No, I plan to waive the $30 fee in this instance.
If anybody reading this thread has a LWD barrel that is not performing as well as they think it should, I will ask them to return the barrel so we can recut the chamber to the COLT (you see, I have a name for it) spec chamber. Once the barrel is received I simply request they post their findings here on this thread. You guys may be disgruntled but I firmly believe you are honest so you are going to say the barrel works as advertized. (I win again)
Once this chamber is accepted, I will most likely change all the Gen4 chambers to fit the same. Yes that is correct, I will change 10's of thousands of barrel chambers to stop these 5 guys from their rant. NOW I TOTALLY FEEL LIKE A DEMOCRAT! Change the needs of the many to fit the 5!
Oh yah, because I detest this chamber I will drop the price too. I will sell more barrels in May than I normally do in 6 months.

PS: If you want your chamber hogged out to this Colt spec simply mail it to us at the regular LWD address and print on the outside of the package "GT Hole Requested".
PSS: *You must also write a personal note saying you think I am a great guy and awesome listener. (come on, now thats funny!)
Keepin' it real huh? Real dumb! You spent the last two years trying to get me and you missed the fact that JR was the one who brought up the idea of him being a democrat.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
Old 05-09-2012, 10:40   #272
JR
GT Sponsor

Rechamber Update: I have been contacted by one person regarding a rechamber. If there are any readers out their possessing a LWD barrel that does not chamber their load please contact me direct at jr@lonewolfdist.com

Wisky: Your interpretation of my "Democrat" statement is so far off in left field it is down right comical. Read the paragraph in its entirety and you will get the meaning of the statement. I am making a back handed comment, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by JR; 05-09-2012 at 10:45.. Reason: Message to Wisky
Old 05-09-2012, 12:11   #273
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Email sent.
&
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member
Old 05-09-2012, 18:40   #274
mpw003

I would be sending you mine as well, but I sold it about a week before your offer....bad timing i guess.
Old 05-09-2012, 20:05   #275
Tom Towns

Quote:
Rechamber Update: I have been contacted by one person regarding a rechamber. If there are any readers out their possessing a LWD barrel that does not chamber their load please contact me direct at [EMAIL="jr@lonewolfdist.com"]jr@lonewolfdist.com[/EMAIL]
That's all well & good JR...but why limit it only to readers on a forum???

I can buy a used Leupold scope or RCBS dies or any number of other firearm accessories & be confident that they'll work or the factory will either replace or repair the item...

From everything I've read, KKM is such a company...

Your product, your decision, but because of the reports I've read on this & other forums on the quality of your custom service department & even some of your own comments on this thread, there is absolutely no way I'll ever do business with your company...I'd hazard a guess that there are a whole bunch others who read these threads without ever posting...something to think about before you let your fingers do the talking.
Old 05-09-2012, 20:17   #276
glockout

Tom I had problems with chambering with my LWD barrel months ago. I called them and they fixed it NC.

They made no mention of any special internet secret handshake deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Towns View Post
That's all well & good JR...but why limit it only to readers on a forum???

I can buy a used Leupold scope or RCBS dies or any number of other firearm accessories & be confident that they'll work or the factory will either replace or repair the item...

From everything I've read, KKM is such a company...

Your product, your decision, but because of the reports I've read on this & other forums on the quality of your custom service department & even some of your own comments on this thread, there is absolutely no way I'll ever do business with your company...I'd hazard a guess that there are a whole bunch others who read these threads without ever posting...something to think about before you let your fingers do the talking.
Old 05-09-2012, 21:30   #277
Tom Towns

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockout View Post
Tom I had problems with chambering with my LWD barrel months ago. I called them and they fixed it NC.

They made no mention of any special internet secret handshake deal.
I'm glad you got your issues resolved NC...
As far as "any special internet secret handshake deal" JR is the one that mentioned it in his last post.

I could go back & do quotes, but I won't...I could provide links to other websites that have customers that are pissed off, but there's really no point in beating a dead cat.

I wish JR & LWD all the best...& I can't say it's all their fault...a little internet research can go a long ways in avoiding any potential problems/headaches
Old 05-10-2012, 10:23   #278
Colorado4Wheel

I can't imagine why anyone is not JUMPING to have JR "Hog Out" your barrel. It just sounds so sexy.

I have a local guy who does it right. Not too much and not too little. Fixed a lot of LW and some KKM that are smaller then people wanted. Even had him take a smidge out of my EGW case gauge to make it match my KKM chamber. Do it right once.

Last edited by Colorado4Wheel; 05-10-2012 at 10:23..
Old 05-10-2012, 16:51   #279
shotgunred
reloading nut

I have several lone wolf barrels so I am going to send one back to see the difference, That barrel is currently 3 thousands of an inch tighter than my glock barrel.
Old 05-13-2012, 20:57   #280
Cwlongshot

I fired about 35-40 rounds thru my LWD ported 10mm barrel today. ZERO problems. I shot 155g, 180g, 180g plated and 200g.

I did notice the ported barrel had less recoil than either the KKM or the factory stock barrels too!

Here is the 175g Silvertip from the 5.5" ported LWD barrel.

Check out this video on YouTube:

CW

Closed Thread

Tags
38super, glock bulge is a myth, kkm rocks, lwd barrels, match grade glory, who's a democrat?