Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-10-2012, 17:31   #181
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I have a problem with it being taught to my children as being normal and acceptable. Then it violates my family's rights. I have the right to teach my children the following, and not have the state interfere:

Leviticus 18:6-28, "“‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.
7 “‘Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.

8 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.

9 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.

10 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter; that would dishonor you.

11 “‘Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father’s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.

12 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister; she is your father’s close relative.

13 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, because she is your mother’s close relative.

14 “‘Do not dishonor your father’s brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.

15 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; do not have relations with her.

16 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.

17 “‘Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.

18 “‘Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.

19 “‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.

20 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor’s wife and defile yourself with her.

21 “‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.

22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you."

These are things that pretty much accepted in society as wrong, except when it comes to homosexuality? Why is that? Better mainstream media and Hollywood press?

Either way, I have the right and the ability to teach my children these things are wrong, without the state trying to brainwash them with books like "So and So has two Dads", etc. When the state decides to do that, they have violated MY freedom under the First Amendment.
Is this a pick and choose? Most verses seem to be treated this way by its "believers"
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:05   #182
RichardB
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
Is this a pick and choose? Most verses seem to be treated this way by its "believers"

Except for the most orthodox Jews, most of the 500 or so rules in Leviticus are ignored by those of us for whom this book is part of our Holy writs. We Christians have bought into the idea that there is a new New Covenant superseding the older "How To Be A Godly Guy" rules as written in Leviticus. Now we must only believe that Jesus is the human manifestation of the Almighty and behave by loving our other people as much as we love ourselves (we are left to figure out the other specific actions and prohibitions).

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”

Last edited by RichardB; 05-11-2012 at 08:06..
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 14:04   #183
Alizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk The Furball Forum
I have a problem with it being taught to my children as being normal and acceptable. Then it violates my family's rights. I have the right to teach my children the following, and not have the state interfere:

Leviticus 18:6-28, "“‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.
7 “‘Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.

8 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.

9 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.

10 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter; that would dishonor you.

11 “‘Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father’s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.

12 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister; she is your father’s close relative.

13 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, because she is your mother’s close relative.

14 “‘Do not dishonor your father’s brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.

15 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; do not have relations with her.

16 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.

17 “‘Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.

18 “‘Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.

19 “‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.

20 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor’s wife and defile yourself with her.

21 “‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.

22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you."

These are things that pretty much accepted in society as wrong, except when it comes to homosexuality? Why is that? Better mainstream media and Hollywood press?
But you missed some of the really good ones.....

‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.

“‘If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife —with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.

“‘If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he is to be put to death, and you must kill the animal.

(What did the poor animal do wrong?)

16 “‘If a woman approaches an animal to have sexual relations with it, kill both the woman and the animal.

For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. 18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, 20 or who is a hunchback or a dwarf, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles.

‘Do not mate different kinds of animals.“‘Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.

“‘Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

20 “‘If a man sleeps with a female slave who is promised to another man but who has not been ransomed or given her freedom, there must be due punishment

7 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

And this is the source of information that "good christians" use to persecute an entire class of people.....

Last edited by Alizard; 05-11-2012 at 14:06..
Alizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 17:49   #184
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
God already did.

He made Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve!
I thought he made adam and lilith first??????
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 14:19   #185
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizard View Post

Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.

“‘If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife —with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.

“‘If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he is to be put to death, and you must kill the animal.

16 “‘If a woman approaches an animal to have sexual relations with it, kill both the woman and the animal.

For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. 18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, 20 or who is a hunchback or a dwarf, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles.

‘Do not mate different kinds of animals.“‘Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.

20 “‘If a man sleeps with a female slave who is promised to another man but who has not been ransomed or given her freedom, there must be due punishment

7 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

And this is the source of information that "good christians" use to persecute an entire class of people.....
The bold has what to do with sex exactly?
Old 05-12-2012, 14:28   #186
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizard View Post

Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.

What does the bold have anything to do with sex?
Old 05-13-2012, 01:54   #187
TTM65

All I can say is WOW, what a bunch of pathetic people I see here. There will come a day when you discover just how wrong you were throughout your mesirable lives. Go ahead and accept gay marriage, unions, whatever you want to call it. It is just another topic that proves the moral decline of this once great nation is still in full motion.
TTM65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:13   #188
NH Trucker
Needs coffee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post

Either way, I have the right and the ability to teach my children these things are wrong, without the state trying to brainwash them with books like "So and So has two Dads", etc. When the state decides to do that, they have violated MY freedom under the First Amendment.

You forgot Leviticus 20:13

“‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

So, who's bringing the bucket of rocks to the pride parade?