Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-16-2012, 19:11   #1
crash_gsxr750
Arrows first

is this pistol to big to carry concealed?

after doing a take down and seeing that FN combined the recoil spring on the barrel (thought this was genius) I'm very impressed with the design of the gun (haven't shot it yet) I really like the uniqueness of the round and really want to pick one up (five seven pistol)

curious if anyone is carrying one IWB or otherwise, the thing sure is very light weight.

though its no .357 mag in the power factor, and i know i wouldn't want to get shot with it, do people generally believe its a viable SD round?
Old 02-16-2012, 19:36   #2
20SFLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_gsxr750 View Post
after doing a take down and seeing that FN combined the recoil spring on the barrel (thought this was genius) I'm very impressed with the design of the gun (haven't shot it yet) I really like the uniqueness of the round and really want to pick one up (five seven pistol)

curious if anyone is carrying one IWB or otherwise, the thing sure is very light weight.

though its no .357 mag in the power factor, and i know i wouldn't want to get shot with it, do people generally believe its a viable SD round?
I carry it in a Crossbreed holster which is IWB. Any IWB in that type of design should allow you to conceal the FsN comfortably unless you are a short person. It might not be that comfortable for you then, but I wouldn't know.
20SFLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 22:39   #3
bac1023

Its a bit large for me to conceal.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 22:11   #4
PlasticGuy

It's thick across the back of the slide, but narrow up front. The grip isn't bad, and it's extremely light. It is not impossible to carry concealed. It will require a good holster, but that's true of a lot of popular ccw handguns.
Old 03-11-2013, 13:47   #5
UselessEnergy
simple user

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_gsxr750 View Post

Ive fired about 10rds out of a friends and loved the experience - Its certainly a unique handgun

In terms of carry, it depends on your body type and your wardrobe. Ive carried a glock 20 before, you just have to make certain that wind and other variables dont "display" the weapon

Correct me if I am wrong, but, I thought that certain military forces use the 5.7 as their side arm???

Its velocity is soo impressive that its truly, imo, a viable SD platform
UselessEnergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:46   #6
ripley16

People carry full sized duty guns all the time. The size presents concealment problems that smaller guns don't, but all that's needed is your willingness to do what is needed to hide the pistol. A quality holster and adequate cover is all that's needed.

The 5.7 round is a very lethal round with excellent qualities, primary of which is the ability to penetrate but not over-penetrate. It causes a large but short wound channel. The energy is comparable to a 9mm.

It's a great gun, no doubt. It is fun, accurate, easy to use and shoot well. It's also loud and, depending on the ammo, creates an impressive muzzle flash. Double up on your hearing protection, especially if shooting inside.
ripley16 is offline   Reply With Quote