SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2012, 10:35   #1
Jerry

National No Call Registry...

is frapin useless. I get at least 2 - 3 solicitation and or political calls a week.

Quote:
The National Do Not Call Registry gives you a choice about whether to receive telemarketing calls at home. Most telemarketers should not call your number once it has been on the registry for 31 days. If they do, you can file a complaint at this Website. You can register your home or mobile phone for free.
Sounds good right?

From the complaint page:

Quote:
*Reminder:Even if your number is registered, charities, political organizations, and telephone surveyors may continue to call you. Companies with which you do business may also continue to call, unless you have asked them to stop calling you. If you have asked them to stop calling, please keep a record of the date you made the request and include that information in the comment section of any complaint you submit against that company. Click Here for more information about the companies that may continue to call the numbers on the Registry.
So you have to use up your minutes (call time) by answering the calls you got on the list to stop in the first place. Mostly I just don't answer calls from #s that I don't recognize. However, I've had to rethink that as I almost missed a call that I really needed to respond to the other day. Ordered a Nightforce scope. Withing 5 minutes I get a call = RESTRICTED. Don't know what possessed me to answer but I did. It was Nightforce. The radical I had ordered was not in stock. Sooooo now I'm afraid not to answer but I just got another UNWANTED solicitation call. THE FRAPIN NO CALL REGISTRY AIN'T WORTH A PILE OF POP.

Yah yah I know! How many calls would I be getting if I hadn't gotten on the list. I'll just answer the damn thing and be VERY RUDE when a person comes on the line. They don't care about wasting my money I don't care about their "feelings". National Do Not Call
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote