Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2012, 08:49   #11
SFla27

There was an incident in the last year or so where I was followed by a few guys in a car for what seemed to be an eternity while I was riding my bike.

For the few times I was able to turn my head and get a glance at the occupants, I could tell they weren't choir boys. And they weren't focused on anything else but me. At times, the car was tailing me by literally a few feet, other times they were possibly a few hundred feet back, maybe more.

Would they run me off the road? Would they run me down? Would they rob me, take my wallet and go to my house?

While this was happening, I really couldn't tell if this was just a simple 'breach of the peace' of a few guys wanting to have a little fun at the expense of some poor middle-aged guy alone on the road / bike-lane / sidewalk, or if it was going to turn into something else.

What made it worse was I didn't have my cell phone on me to call 911 first. I had left it on overnight (with the bluetooth, gps, and syncing functions on) and the battery was dead by morning, so I had it charging at the house.

Well, I'll tell you what...If that situation happens again, I don't intend to be a victim, robbed and beaten into a coma and on a ventilator in the hospital while my 5-year old daughter is holding my hand.

Last edited by SFla27; 05-23-2012 at 09:09.. Reason: grammar, spelling.
SFla27 is offline   Reply With Quote