Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-28-2012, 14:22   #1
SCmasterblaster

Where to aim with a 9x19

I have heard so many combat stories where felons hit in the heart by 9mm bullets have survived several deadly seconds. I carry a G17. Should I aim for the brain/central nervous system? I carry 115gr JHP +p+ loads.
Old 05-28-2012, 16:17   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

The brain is a small and unforgiving target, and the spinal cord is only about as big around as the attacker's little finger (and on the opposite side of his body in most cases). Add to that movement on both sides of your gun, and stress factors. History shows us that in a dynamic gunfight, hit probability degrades to the point that all things considered, assuming that the opponent is not wearing body armor, heart-area aim is still the most logical option against a lethal antagonist who has his own gun.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 17:04   #3
SCmasterblaster

Well, if I can hit 5 12-ounce soda can-sized targets (bowling pins) in under three seconds at 8 meters with a big M1911A1 .45 ACP, I think that I can surely hit a larger target (the brain) under similar stress with my G17 and its weaker loads. I'll aim for the brain.
Old 05-28-2012, 20:07   #4
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
Well, if I can hit 5 12-ounce soda can-sized targets (bowling pins) in under three seconds at 8 meters with a big M1911A1 .45 ACP, I think that I can surely hit a larger target (the brain) under similar stress with my G17 and its weaker loads. I'll aim for the brain.
Operative quote here is "similar stress," bro. I saw you shoot some great scores at Second Chance, but neither of us were ducking for cover when we shot...neither were the pins (except when they were rolling from edge hits)...and the pins weren't shootin' at US.

All those elements have degraded the hit potential of master shooters long before us, and that hasn't changed.

respectfully,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote