SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 11:19   #341
jarubla
Dos Pistolas

got some plants in the ground and in planter boxes, visit to the dentist office to take care of some things.

-Jay
Old 05-31-2012, 11:28   #342
quake

Due to a discussion here, I ordered another case of 9bple 9mm ammunition.

Don't 'need' it necessarily, but it won't go bad, and never know what may happen with prices in the long term...

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:50   #343
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!

Learning how to dehydrate fruits and veggies in the solar oven.

Resurrecting rechargeable batteries, and learning proper maintenance of them so they're available when needed.

Last edited by Bolster; 05-31-2012 at 11:51..
Old 06-01-2012, 18:08   #344
dissthis
Gun Fan

Ordered some County Comm goodies:

"extreme tape"
http://www.countycomm.com/tape.html

full size and mid size breacher bars
http://www.countycomm.com/eodrtool.html

and a couple other odds and ends...
p-51 can openers, tether ends, tweezers, whistles, bandanas...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Old 06-01-2012, 18:26   #345
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!

countrycomm = catnip
Old 06-01-2012, 21:32   #346
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Did an oil & filter change + routine maintenance this am..

..then put a couple hundred miles on the V-Strom afterwards..

..then put some break-in rounds on the new DB380EXO, CZ P07 Duty & a Walther P22 with my niece & her husband late this afternoon.

A good day overall!

"Accuracy first, Speed second.....Speed first, Accuracy never"

Last edited by LongGun1; 06-01-2012 at 21:35..
Old 06-01-2012, 22:04   #347
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Bought my father a battery recharger and some batteries. This will get him started with rechargables again.. The last time the rechargables sucked. This time they are much better.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:07   #348
quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGun1 View Post
...put some break-in rounds on the new DB380EXO...
Would you keep us informed of the diamondback quality as you use it? I've looked at a couple of them but didn't get the warm fuzzies quality-wise when handling them. If they're good, they could be a very good pocket gun option.

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
Old 06-02-2012, 11:22   #349
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quake View Post
Would you keep us informed of the diamondback quality as you use it? I've looked at a couple of them but didn't get the warm fuzzies quality-wise when handling them. If they're good, they could be a very good pocket gun option.
I got interested after handling a relative's DB about this time last year..

..but after doing some research I felt the DB was a "not ready for prime time player"...

..simply too many performance issues...IMO

But as of late...the earlier issues seem to have been addressed..

..especially so with the latest production EXO treated model.

I will keep you updated.

"Accuracy first, Speed second.....Speed first, Accuracy never"

Last edited by LongGun1; 06-02-2012 at 11:23..
Old 06-02-2012, 13:00   #350
M1A Shooter

Send a message via Yahoo to M1A Shooter
i too am interested as i looked into a db9 when i bought my LCP. i was interested in the concept and had one guy at the shop say he would take it over the lcp but the other 2 and another customer said they wouldnt.
Old 06-02-2012, 18:37   #351
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Went to my first Appleseed shoot as, basically, a complete newb to rifles. Unfortunately I cannot make it to Sunday and it was a slow start (how hard is it to be on time people?!?) so I only fired a little over 200 rounds and shot 2 AQTs. But then as many of you probably know good instruction doesn't require many rounds downrange, especially dealing with groups and starting from a novice level.

I took an iron sited (tech sites) 10/22 with swivels and a GI web sling, nothing more, and fed it CCI Mini Mag 40gr CRNs.

I did not do as well as I had hoped, mostly because I just can't consistently get a comfortable, natural, steady prone position. I really need to get to a damn outdoor range where I can fire from prone to practice.

This was my first "Redcoat" target, shot at the beginning prior to any marksmanship instruction and without a real time limit. It was pretty darn close to being a "300 yard" target and I got the headshot. Due to an ammo related stoppage I dropped a round (and then switched from automatch, which was used for that target, to mini mags for the rest)

Survival/Preparedness Forum

This was my first AQT. It started out awesome, and then my prone was beyond terrible.

This was my second/final AQT. I screwed it up all kinds of ways for all kinds of reasons I won't get into. The score improved, though, despite screwing up and holding a round on the second phase where I was shooting well.

I will absolutely be going back. I will probably sign up for at least one more (and a full weekend) before the night is out. Great people.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 06-02-2012 at 19:09..
Old 06-02-2012, 19:13   #352
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 06-02-2012, 21:15   #353
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post

How many yards were you shooting? I love to shoot my 10/22 standing like a hunter at 100 yards. Great weapon, sounds like a wonderful time.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
Old 06-02-2012, 21:27   #354
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
How many yards were you shooting? I love to shoot my 10/22 standing like a hunter at 100 yards. Great weapon, sounds like a wonderful time.
Appleseed quals are done at 25 yards. The really small targets are to scale to the equivalent of longer range. This is beneficial in that you only have to walk 25 yards to get to the targets, .22lr's can be used, and almost any outdoor range can be used.

The downside is that you can pretty much ignore windage, which is an important thing to figure out for true range shooting, obviously.

This range has a known distance out to 300 yards but I didn't shoot it...I don't think anybody did today, but probably tomorrow some will.

Old 06-02-2012, 21:53   #355
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

Quote:
Appleseed quals are done at 25 yards. The really small targets are to scale to the equivalent of longer range. This is beneficial in that you only have to walk 25 yards to get to the targets, .22lr's can be used, and almost any outdoor range can be used.

The downside is that you can pretty much ignore windage, which is an important thing to figure out for true range shooting, obviously.

This range has a known distance out to 300 yards but I didn't shoot it...I don't think anybody did today, but probably tomorrow some will.
Sounds like an excellent time! I am very pleased with a 22LR up to 100 yards but have never tried it any farther than that so I will be interested in how you guys do, especially at 300, I envision a large verticle adjustment.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
Old 06-02-2012, 22:07   #356
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
Sounds like an excellent time! I am very pleased with a 22LR up to 100 yards but have never tried it any farther than that so I will be interested in how you guys do, especially at 300, I envision a large verticle adjustment.
Oh...the 300 yard range would be done with centerfires. There were several centerfire shooters there and some of us, such as myself, had a centerfire in the car that could have been brought up.

I intend to shoot a Rifleman's score with the .22 before bringing out the Garand, though. Even if that means I put a scope on to help see those tiny freaking bottom targets.

I just signed up for another next weekend. I will do both days this time, and I think I might put my 4x scope on the 10/22

Last edited by Warp; 06-02-2012 at 22:08..
Old 06-02-2012, 22:11   #357
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

I did my first Appleseed last year and had a great time. I was sore as all heck after the day was done but my rifle shooting improved 1000fold. I was used to the tactical type carbine shooting which had nothing to do with true riflemanship and marksmanship.
Old 06-02-2012, 22:13   #358
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
I did my first Appleseed last year and had a great time. I was sore as all heck after the day was done but my rifle shooting improved 1000fold. I was used to the tactical type carbine shooting which had nothing to do with true riflemanship and marksmanship.
I am realizing the soreness now. It was on gravel and my shooting mat was a cheap rug from Walmart, I had no kneepads and I only used my elbow pads half the time. My knees, elbows, hip bones are sore with some bruising...some sunburn...marks on my shoulders, some abuse to my upper arm from the loop sling...will probably feel it even more in the morning.

Last edited by Warp; 06-02-2012 at 22:14..
Old 06-02-2012, 22:17   #359
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
I am realizing the soreness now. It was on gravel and my shooting mat was a cheap rug from Walmart, I had no kneepads and I only used my elbow pads half the time. My knees, elbows, hip bones are sore with some bruising...some sunburn...marks on my shoulders, some abuse to my upper arm from the loop sling...will probably feel it even more in the morning.
That's one thing I was glad I didn't skimp on. I bought the deluxe super sized luxury shooter's mat from Midway and it was long enough to keep me off the dirt and had a lot of padding and a pocket for a notepad for my notes, which I didn't take any.

I also wore my padded kneepads and elbow pads which helped a lot with sustaining the prone position. Found that I liked the sitting position the best.
Old 06-02-2012, 22:20   #360
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
That's one thing I was glad I didn't skimp on. I bought the deluxe super sized luxury shooter's mat from Midway and it was long enough to keep me off the dirt and had a lot of padding and a pocket for a notepad for my notes, which I didn't take any.

I also wore my padded kneepads and elbow pads which helped a lot with sustaining the prone position. Found that I liked the sitting position the best.
Same.

In fact, on my first AQT (posted above) I scored 5s on 10/10 of my seated shots.

Closed Thread