Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:49   #1
SFla27

Checking six...

Mas,

Good day sir. Hope all is well.

I must say, it's an honor posting here and obtaining your words of wisdom. Thank you so very much for your service through the years. Cheers.

Down here in South Florida, like in so many other places in the US, we have a ton of shopping malls. And we all know there are unsettling statistics regarding various crimes being committed in the parking lots surrounding the malls.

My question is this: How does one make an assessment of what's behind you while you're walking mid-way to your parked car in the parking lot? Granted, one can make an initial sweep / observation of the parking lot and outlying areas upon leaving the store and walking into the lot. But that picture becomes stale very quickly, especially if your spot is a number of cars down.

Possibly take a quarter out the pocket and drop it, then getting up, making another sweep of what's behind you?

Maybe getting a small circular mirror (used for bicycle commuting) that sticks onto the inside of a pair of glasses so you can use that mirror to "look back" with your glasses on without actually having to turn your head beyond 3 or 9 o'clock?

Thanks in advance, and I wish that your MAS20/40 courses were given in my neck of the woods. :(

Matthew
SFla27
SFla27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 18:56   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Dropping coin, car keys, etc. is a good excuse to get down low and look under your car in a darkened parking lot, but to check your six o'clock, all you have to do is turn around. You look like someone looking for someone else...and people do that all the time when they meet other folks in the parking lot after separating to shop at the mall. Unlikely that anyone will look at you twice for doing that.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote