Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:00   #41
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

Winter is long gone, but the weather here even in late spring has remained cool. Cool enough to wear this...

The Founders club

Best of both worlds!

HR
Old 05-27-2012, 10:52   #42
Kikoman

Hugo, I also turned in my 229. Although it did shoot well I hated carrying it. I also carried my 26 99% of the time. I am happy to report I recently put my Gen 4 17 into service. I began my career in 1998 carrying the 17 and I hope to end my career with the plastic fantastic.
Kikoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 23:52   #43
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

Awesome Kikoman, I started a very long time ago (78) when the M1911 and the wheel gun were king. My first LE issue was a SWM10 with the 4" bull barrel.

We have come a long way since then. I am due for retirement in the next two to three years. I too plan on ending my watch with the Combat Tupperware!

HR
Old 06-05-2012, 07:25   #44
deputy tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo R View Post
Winter is long gone, but the weather here even in late spring has remained cool. Cool enough to wear this...

The Founders club

Best of both worlds!

HR
tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:47   #45
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

Work EDC:

Obviously, if I know I'm going to a gun fight I take the M4 along but otherwise.....

The Founders club

HR
Old 07-07-2012, 09:39   #46
deputy tom

Quote:
Work EDC:

Obviously, if I know I'm going to a gun fight I take the M4 along but otherwise.....

The Founders club

HR
Nice looking trio Hugo. tom.

+1 on the M4.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
Old 11-02-2012, 21:51   #47
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

Well the weather is cooling and soon I'll be able to carry the double rig again. Went to the rang today and fired our course. I shot it as fast as I could. Here's the result.

The Founders club

A Flyer Well the old man is not what he used to be! However, I think I can still do pretty good if and when the balloon goes up or the chips are down

The old G2G17 just keep chugging along. I have no idea anymore how many rounds I've fired through her, probably 60K or more.

Anyway, just wanted to update you all!

HR
Old 11-05-2012, 18:30   #48
G36shooter

I have 8 GLOCKS, my newest is a gen2 17 (LE-trade-in) 1996 vintage, this has become my IDPA gun, perfection, yes.
G36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 18:38   #49
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

You know I shot the G3G17 my daughter now has in IDPA but when she took it over I starting shooting the old 2GG17 and found that the scores did not really change either way.

I actually like the grip better because at the end of the day the finger grooves on the G3 always squeezed my fingers a way the 2nd gen does not. I'm not as fatigued after a day of 2 or 3 hundred rounds.

Anyway G36shooter, congrats and I'm sure you'll enjoy that G2G17 for many years to come!

HR
Old 12-23-2012, 07:16   #50
deputy tom

Two days from Christmas again! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of the Founder's Club members and their families. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Old 02-20-2013, 19:15   #51
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

Update:

Looks like the G17 Revolution at work has hits new heights! Tomorrow they will roll out the announcement that the G17 has been approved for ALL personnel.

Previously it was not allowed for uniformed personnel as a primary handgun. Starting tomorrow ALL personnel will be allowed to carry a G17.

I can only imagine the amount of requests that will be coming through my office...and I for one welcome it!

HR
Old 03-01-2013, 00:14   #52
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

Today my G26 broke! Yes indeed, it broke. I think maybe the RSA is old and needs replacing. We've been shooting GDHP 124gr. +P and after 100 rounds today it stopped extracting every two or three rounds.

I took the slide apart and replaced all of the slide springs but to no avail. I didn't have an RSA handy until late this afternoon and didn't have a chance to test fire so.............

I'm carry the ol' G17 as a primary again!

HR
Old 03-11-2013, 12:02   #53
deputy tom

Quote:
Today my G26 broke! Yes indeed, it broke. I think maybe the RSA is old and needs replacing. We've been shooting GDHP 124gr. +P and after 100 rounds today it stopped extracting every two or three rounds.

I took the slide apart and replaced all of the slide springs but to no avail. I didn't have an RSA handy until late this afternoon and didn't have a chance to test fire so.............

I'm carry the ol' G17 as a primary again!

HR
Sorry to hear about your 26. Thank goodness you have the 17. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Old 03-12-2013, 16:36   #54
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

The 26 has been back at Altoona for a week and they haven't called me yet to let me know whats what. Ya know...I don't feel all that uncomfortable with my old G17 and last week I was schooling a young guy on his brand new 3rd Gen G17 (pig nose and all) and my old gal just kept showing up that new 3rd genner

I've been carrying her in my Galco SSII rig but if the weather keeps getting warmer (supposed to get up to 82 tomorrow) I'm going to have to start carrying her on the hip.

We'll see how that goes.

HR
Old 11-23-2013, 14:16   #55
deputy tom

Giddy-Up...

Thanksgiving is a few days away. I got out the 17 again today. Good carry gun for the weather (mid thirties). It's been on the cooler side for the last few weeks. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Last edited by deputy tom; 11-23-2013 at 14:37..
Old 12-12-2013, 18:14   #56
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

Hey Tom, I just shot the 17 for a qual yesterday and dragged out my double Jackass Rig. Yep, the weather is perfect for the old war horse!

HR
Old 12-12-2013, 21:52   #57
C6vetter

you should chill out, Tom! The dead dude's not likely to mess with you unless he was infected with the dreaded Zombie virus!!!
C6vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:28   #58
deputy tom

Quote:
Hey Tom, I just shot the 17 for a qual yesterday and dragged out my double Jackass Rig. Yep, the weather is perfect for the old war horse!

HR
Excellent! Merry Christmas Buddy. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Old 01-03-2014, 13:45   #59
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

Driving from LA to Tucson at midnight tonight. Double Jackass with 2nd Gen G17 and G26 will be on duty! Happy New Year folks!

HR
Old 01-03-2014, 20:17   #60
deputy tom

Quote:
Driving from LA to Tucson at midnight tonight. Double Jackass with 2nd Gen G17 and G26 will be on duty! Happy New Year folks!

HR
Be careful. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST