SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:34   #21
Retired Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 257 roberts View Post
thats where I'm at!!! just got a "new" 1980 Hi-Power and not sure if I want to shoot or sell it
My ANIB '93 Capitan is same way, absolutely stunning bluing. But I'm going to shoot the little beauty as often as time and tired old body permits and as much as I can afford to these days.

The Browning Hi Power Club
Old 06-28-2012, 18:41   #22
FireForged
Millenium #3936

yeah the prices have gone crazy... I am seeing mkIII's locally for $900. Thats just nuts! I guess I wont ever lose any money in mine.
Old 06-28-2012, 18:50   #23
Retired Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireForged View Post
yeah the prices have gone crazy... I am seeing mkIII's locally for $900. Thats just nuts! I guess I wont ever lose any money in mine.
I guess we should thank POTUS and Congress for that.
Old 07-01-2012, 19:42   #24
Veedubklown

There were also fantastic hi-power clones, made in various contries. Some of them can fetch prices as high as a real browning or FN. I have one made in Argentina, an FM. I paid $200 for it, with night sights and extended controls. The finish on it is about 80%, but I'm not too concerned about how a carry gun's finish is, as long as it's not rust. I need to have it refinished, but for now, here's how it sits, with hogue grips. The origionals were like gripping a beer can with a trigger. It had the mag safety removed before I got it, but I really didn't care for the large take-up, or over-travel it had. After polishing the hammer and sear, I put a small bead on the front of my trigger as an over-travel stop and fit it. I also had to fit the trigger bar. I was amazed the way the trigger actuates through the slide, and not through the frame like a 1911 or so many other pistols. Now this is truely like a 1911 trigger. Very short travel, equally short reset.

The Browning Hi Power Club