GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 18:43   #261
Stevekozak
Returning video
 
Stevekozak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarubla View Post
Ready Made Resources looks like they are running a cool promo. Anyone ordered from them before?

https://www.readymaderesources.com/c...1.html?ccUser=

-Jay
That looks like a really neat website! I am bookmarking for perusal when I have more time.
__________________
"You fight until you die. That's the whole deal in life. PERIOD." Regular Joe
Stevekozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 13:13   #262
DoctaGlockta
Senior Member
 
DoctaGlockta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: FEMA Region IV
Posts: 2,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarubla View Post
Ready Made Resources looks like they are running a cool promo. Anyone ordered from them before?

https://www.readymaderesources.com/c...1.html?ccUser=

-Jay
Yes I have. No issues.
__________________
"Up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time."

- Barack Hussein Obama
DoctaGlockta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 18:41   #263
wrenrj1
Senior Member
 
wrenrj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Huskerville
Posts: 10,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenrj1 View Post
Still waiting on the LA police gear three day pack, uh It's June 26th. No word from LA police gear.
Got an email from LA Police Gear. They didn't send me the pack because the info. on my CC was not accurate when they finally decided to send it this month (June). This was due to the "every couple of years renewal" of your CC that happened in April 2012 prior to when they decided to fill the order.

Arrrrrgh...

They did offer to re-open the order, but I'm gonna let it go. Case closed.

Wren
__________________
We are told by our government NOT to judge Muslims by the actions of a few crazies. We are also told by this same government TO judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few crazies.
wrenrj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 19:37   #264
bobby_w
Platinum Membership
Alienigena
 
bobby_w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: South of Houston
Posts: 2,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarubla View Post
Ready Made Resources looks like they are running a cool promo. Anyone ordered from them before?

https://www.readymaderesources.com/c...1.html?ccUser=

-Jay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekozak View Post
That looks like a really neat website! I am bookmarking for perusal when I have more time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaGlockta View Post
Yes I have. No issues.
Sign up for their Newsletter and you will get some good sale notifications. I have stocked the larder from buying during their sales.
bobby_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 19:41   #265
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Harbor Freight 800W/900 Max Watt generator.

http://www.harborfreight.com/engines...tor-66619.html

$179.99 normally (it's never this price)

$129.99 sale (normal price)

But with code number 22695067 it's $89.99

YOU MUST TELL THEM TO TYPE IN THE CODE AT THE REGISTER. THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN'T USE COUPONS FOR GENERATORS


The code should be good through July or August.

I bought one today. It'll serve as a backup for my mini-fridge and water pump on my hot dog cart. But if the SHTF it'll power plenty of things around the house temporarily at least.

I just gotta figure how to charge a deep cycle battery with it in the most efficient way possible if a normal charger isn't the most efficient way. Then I can pull a LOT more than 800W off of the generator by proxy. Plus if I'm running off a battery there are FAR more options for how/when/where to do it instead of a noisy generator that needs ventilation/space and is easy to pin point the location of when running.

BTW, this thing is well worth the 90 bucks. Check out the youtube videos on them. Might be one or two tops complaining about them. Over a dozen showing how well they work. Plus I heard something either here or somewhere else saying they put out a great clean sine wave...something like that.

Search online you can find 20% off coupons all day long. But you can't use those on the generators.

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 20:23   #266
quake
Senior Member
 
quake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arkansas, USA
Posts: 8,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post

Harbor Freight 800W/900 Max Watt generator.

...with code number 22695067 it's $89.99
Good deal on that. I'm not the world's biggest fan of harbor-freight type tools & equipment, but a small cheap generator like that can be a useful "beater" tool. We keep a small 1000 watt generator in a tote tub in our shop along with a small air compressor for use on remote jobsites. The generator is just barely big enough to run a 1/2" hammer drill and just barely big enough to run the compressor; but it lets us have power tools and air tools where we'd otherwise be stuck with hand tools. (I used the generator & compressor both just this week drilling & setting anchor bolts in concrete where there was no power available.)

Not the type of thing I'd recommend as 'first-line' equipment, but for a beater tool that you won't lose sleep over when it dies, it can make a good bit of sense imo; especially at that kind of price.
__________________
"The best a man can hope for is a chance to prove that the good lord didn't make a mistake putting him here in the first place." - Will Sonnett

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 20:32   #267
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by quake View Post
Good deal on that. I'm not the world's biggest fan of harbor-freight type tools & equipment, but a small cheap generator like that can be a useful "beater" tool. We keep a small 1000 watt generator in a tote tub in our shop along with a small air compressor for use on remote jobsites. The generator is just barely big enough to run a 1/2" hammer drill and just barely big enough to run the compressor; but it lets us have power tools and air tools where we'd otherwise be stuck with hand tools. (I used the generator & compressor both just this week drilling & setting anchor bolts in concrete where there was no power available.)

Not the type of thing I'd recommend as 'first-line' equipment, but for a beater tool that you won't lose sleep over when it dies, it can make a good bit of sense imo; especially at that kind of price.
I know what you mean and couldn't have put it better myself.

If someone doesn't like Harbor Freight that's fine. I'm having an issue with one of their trailers now. However, this specific item has received amazing reviews and for the price you won't be able to find such power anywhere else.

Personally, I like a few things about it...

1. It's 2-stroke. That means no worrying about changing the oil or running it every month or two. You can even let it sit unlike a 4-stroke.

2. It's tiny. I can throw this thing in a trunk, back seat or carry it on my lap (passenger). Can't do that with most other generators.

3. It's super simple. Just has an on/off, choke, reset/breaker, and a pull cord.

4. Price. Sure a Honda might do the same thing but it's easily 4-5 times the price.

I'll be testing it out tomorrow. But if this thing runs well, I just might buy another. As mentioned, at this price, if one breaks, it's no big financial loss.

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 18:13   #268
DoctaGlockta
Senior Member
 
DoctaGlockta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: FEMA Region IV
Posts: 2,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
I know what you mean and couldn't have put it better myself.

If someone doesn't like Harbor Freight that's fine. I'm having an issue with one of their trailers now. However, this specific item has received amazing reviews and for the price you won't be able to find such power anywhere else.

Personally, I like a few things about it...

1. It's 2-stroke. That means no worrying about changing the oil or running it every month or two. You can even let it sit unlike a 4-stroke.

2. It's tiny. I can throw this thing in a trunk, back seat or carry it on my lap (passenger). Can't do that with most other generators.

3. It's super simple. Just has an on/off, choke, reset/breaker, and a pull cord.

4. Price. Sure a Honda might do the same thing but it's easily 4-5 times the price.

I'll be testing it out tomorrow. But if this thing runs well, I just might buy another. As mentioned, at this price, if one breaks, it's no big financial loss.

-Emt1581
Are you ok? Did it blow up on you?
__________________
"Up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time."

- Barack Hussein Obama
DoctaGlockta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 19:03   #269
UneasyRider
C.D.B.
 
UneasyRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
Harbor Freight 800W/900 Max Watt generator.

http://www.harborfreight.com/engines...tor-66619.html

$179.99 normally (it's never this price)

$129.99 sale (normal price)

But with code number 22695067 it's $89.99

YOU MUST TELL THEM TO TYPE IN THE CODE AT THE REGISTER. THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN'T USE COUPONS FOR GENERATORS


The code should be good through July or August.

I bought one today. It'll serve as a backup for my mini-fridge and water pump on my hot dog cart. But if the SHTF it'll power plenty of things around the house temporarily at least.

I just gotta figure how to charge a deep cycle battery with it in the most efficient way possible if a normal charger isn't the most efficient way. Then I can pull a LOT more than 800W off of the generator by proxy. Plus if I'm running off a battery there are FAR more options for how/when/where to do it instead of a noisy generator that needs ventilation/space and is easy to pin point the location of when running.

BTW, this thing is well worth the 90 bucks. Check out the youtube videos on them. Might be one or two tops complaining about them. Over a dozen showing how well they work. Plus I heard something either here or somewhere else saying they put out a great clean sine wave...something like that.

Search online you can find 20% off coupons all day long. But you can't use those on the generators.

-Emt1581
Great Deal! Thanks.
__________________
"Freedom ain't Free" Ted Nugent at the House of Blues in Orlando.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 20:21   #270
Carry16
Senior Member
 
Carry16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 593
I received a flyer from HF that is good for all of July and this generator is listed in it for the $89.99 price. This is a 2-stroke engine. I was reading the manual and had to laugh. They want you to keep the load below 600 watts during the breaking period of 50 hours. They also want you to replace the fuel/oil mixture periodically - like changing oil - very strange those Chinese.
Carry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 20:48   #271
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaGlockta View Post
Are you ok? Did it blow up on you?


No no, nothing like that. I've been busy. I've probably lost 5lbs in sweat over the past week. Working during the day and putting the finishing touches on my hot dog cart at night. I tried getting everything loaded up tonight for opening day Saturday. However I discovered I need to buy a winch because this thing is heavy.

As far as the generator goes...LOVE IT!!!

It started on the second pull. Runs like a champ. Powers my mini fridge (and hopefully a small fan to give me a breeze). It's a LOT quieter than I thought it would be as well. Not whisper quiet but you can easily talk at a normal volume over it when it is at your feet.

No complaints here! We'll see how it hold up if I need it to run 6-8hrs.

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:34   #272
DoctaGlockta
Senior Member
 
DoctaGlockta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: FEMA Region IV
Posts: 2,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post


No no, nothing like that. I've been busy. I've probably lost 5lbs in sweat over the past week. Working during the day and putting the finishing touches on my hot dog cart at night. I tried getting everything loaded up tonight for opening day Saturday. However I discovered I need to buy a winch because this thing is heavy.

As far as the generator goes...LOVE IT!!!

It started on the second pull. Runs like a champ. Powers my mini fridge (and hopefully a small fan to give me a breeze). It's a LOT quieter than I thought it would be as well. Not whisper quiet but you can easily talk at a normal volume over it when it is at your feet.

No complaints here! We'll see how it hold up if I need it to run 6-8hrs.

-Emt1581
Glad you survived. I'm going to hit up HF today and see if that code works at the till. Noticed it did not work online. I really do need one for work and it could serve for a backup to my backup at home. Thanks again for the heads up.
__________________
"Up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time."

- Barack Hussein Obama
DoctaGlockta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:35   #273
Haldor
Retired EE
 
Haldor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Arizona
Posts: 5,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post


No no, nothing like that. I've been busy. I've probably lost 5lbs in sweat over the past week. Working during the day and putting the finishing touches on my hot dog cart at night. I tried getting everything loaded up tonight for opening day Saturday. However I discovered I need to buy a winch because this thing is heavy.

As far as the generator goes...LOVE IT!!!

It started on the second pull. Runs like a champ. Powers my mini fridge (and hopefully a small fan to give me a breeze). It's a LOT quieter than I thought it would be as well. Not whisper quiet but you can easily talk at a normal volume over it when it is at your feet.

No complaints here! We'll see how it hold up if I need it to run 6-8hrs.

-Emt1581
Don't forget to change the oil. I change mine after every 50 hours of use and also whenever I put it away (after the power comes back on). Not having an oil filter means contaminated oil will eat your engine alive.
__________________
Quote:
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.
Haldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 13:46   #274
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 27,563
Blog Entries: 1


Found a deal on Lucas oil additive at a local auto parts house.$45 for 6qts.'08.


ETA: It runs $10 a qt off sale.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.

Last edited by kirgi08; 07-06-2012 at 13:48..
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 18:41   #275
mac66
Plant the seed
 
mac66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Save America
Posts: 7,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry16 View Post
I received a flyer from HF that is good for all of July and this generator is listed in it for the $89.99 price. This is a 2-stroke engine. I was reading the manual and had to laugh. They want you to keep the load below 600 watts during the breaking period of 50 hours. They also want you to replace the fuel/oil mixture periodically - like changing oil - very strange those Chinese.
There is a 2.5 year long thread on AR15.com on these generators.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_18/6...e_page_14.html
__________________
Every American a Rifleman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by mac66; 07-06-2012 at 18:47..
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:21   #276
Stevekozak
Returning video
 
Stevekozak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post


No no, nothing like that. I've been busy. I've probably lost 5lbs in sweat over the past week. Working during the day and putting the finishing touches on my hot dog cart at night. I tried getting everything loaded up tonight for opening day Saturday. However I discovered I need to buy a winch because this thing is heavy.

As far as the generator goes...LOVE IT!!!

It started on the second pull. Runs like a champ. Powers my mini fridge (and hopefully a small fan to give me a breeze). It's a LOT quieter than I thought it would be as well. Not whisper quiet but you can easily talk at a normal volume over it when it is at your feet.

No complaints here! We'll see how it hold up if I need it to run 6-8hrs.

-Emt1581
What is the oil/gas ratio on these? 2/1?
__________________
"You fight until you die. That's the whole deal in life. PERIOD." Regular Joe
Stevekozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:31   #277
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekozak View Post
What is the oil/gas ratio on these? 2/1?
50:1. So it's 2oz per tank. Plus there is a little measuring cup built in to the gas cap. It's pretty nice.

I bought half a case of the oil and THEN realized it took so little of it. Running it a few times a month, I have more than enough to last a few years.

-Emt1581

Last edited by emt1581; 07-07-2012 at 08:43..
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:42   #278
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaGlockta View Post
Glad you survived. I'm going to hit up HF today and see if that code works at the till. Noticed it did not work online. I really do need one for work and it could serve for a backup to my backup at home. Thanks again for the heads up.
There might be a little problem now...

I went to buy a winch the other day and brought a coupon code with me for 20% off. I get to the register, she types it in...multiple times....didn't work. Then she said that from now on I guess HF is requiring coupons to be physically brought in...not just codes any more.

But try it, she could have been wrong.

It was great when she pulled a coupon out of the garbage, scanned it, winked at me and smiled and said "you didn't see that"...

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:44   #279
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldor View Post
Don't forget to change the oil. I change mine after every 50 hours of use and also whenever I put it away (after the power comes back on). Not having an oil filter means contaminated oil will eat your engine alive.
It's 2-stroke. Nothing to do oil-wise except add it to the gas.

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 16:53   #280
DoctaGlockta
Senior Member
 
DoctaGlockta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: FEMA Region IV
Posts: 2,109
Hit my local HF. Big sign right by the Gensets - no coupons.

Wouldn't use the code at the register.

No sale.
__________________
"Up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time."

- Barack Hussein Obama
DoctaGlockta is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:42.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 815
150 Members
665 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42