GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 21:01   #15826
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,373


Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
MOVED to Page 634
__________________
"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 21:02   #15827
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Yeah ... gold plating ... not even worth a minimal embezzlement effort. The world really started its slide to mediocrity when the term "24 caret gold filled" came into use. That phrase SOUNDS like it means "filled with gold", but it really means "thin gold surface, but FILLED with el cheapo metal".

I have always felt that the money in the Olympics was in the "side money" anyway. The event draws too much attention, there are too many languages involved, and more importantly too many ham-fisted amatures in the way and getting caught. With them creating a diversion our usual "operation" goes completely unnoticed.

Low-profile is the key to longevity in some businesses.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 18:50   #15828
VN350X10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 8,039
If we could create an Official 10-Ring Olympic trinkit, we could cash in on the entire flock of sheep concerned with them & make a fortune fleecing them !
Something that we can produce for say $.29 and sell for $19.95 + S&H
Or better yet, something that we charge someone else $5.00 to dispose of & THEN sell. Without any effort on our parts.


uncle.
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 20:18   #15829
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
Or better yet, something that we charge someone else $5.00 to dispose of & THEN sell. Without any effort on our parts.

uncle.
I subscribe to your wholesale option setup. Let some other clown take on the distribution hassle; we'll take our wholesale profit and return to partying.

Have to be careful on ONE aspect, though: the IOC bigshots got all bent out of shape over the "ambush marketing" wrinkle at the '96 Atlanta Olympics. It may be useful for us to rip off a lower profile operation.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 21:31   #15830
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,373


We can get a stimulus grant to have them produced, a training grant to train unskilled workers to produce them, a research grant to design them, and then a foreign aid grant to move production offshore. It doesn't matter whether we produce and market them because we will more than make up for it on volume alone. Finally, we'll get an education grant to study what the F just happened.
__________________
"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 22:11   #15831
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Finally, we'll get an education grant to study what the F just happened.
I counsel NOT getting a grant to study what the F just happened. A grant would mean we would have to share WHY what the F just happened with the people coughing up the funding for the grant. If WE cough up the funds for the study, then we're better off because ONLY WE would know what the F just happened!
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 22:20   #15832
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,373


Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
If WE cough up the funds for the study, then we're better off because ONLY WE would know what the F just happened!
I can do that for you wholesale.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 22:28   #15833
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
I can do that for you wholesale.
... But if we do it RETAIL, then we can embezzle more money from ourselves than if we do it wholesale!

(I know, that statement is contrived, even for me, but it IS late, and we're behind in the nightly count of the take because one of the forklifts hauling the Lagoon Party receipts to the counting room got lost for a while, and we had to divert some of the staff to find it - turns out he got diverted by participating in a "slowness contest" with a .45ACP round fired on the hundred yard range)
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 22:34   #15834
VN350X10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 8,039
We handle the wholesale, sub-contract the retail operation & embezz......er, I mean,...re-direct the profits to our advantage, & therefore are NOT embe...that word again....., from ourselves, but from someone else.

uncle
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:01   #15835
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
We handle the wholesale, sub-contract the retail operation & embezz......er, I mean,...re-direct the profits to our advantage, & therefore are NOT embe...that word again....., from ourselves, but from someone else.

uncle
... but then, embezzling from OURSELVES is excellent conditioning practice for embezzlng from someone else!
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 21:49   #15836
VN350X10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 8,039
practice, smactise.....there's NO profitability in practice !
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:16   #15837
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman
 
_The_Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southeast, LoUiSiAna
Posts: 4,142
Why is it that Doctors and Lawyers call it a "Practice"?
Will they someday do things for Real!
"Gynocology Practice" I keep trying!
__________________
Southeast, LoUiSiAna
NRA Life Member
BASS Life Member
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 17:07   #15838
VN350X10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 8,039
HOKAY......I give you that one.

Better stated: for US there's no profit in practice.


uncle
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 20:23   #15839
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
Better stated: for US there's no profit in practice.

uncle
Better, but still scope for improvement.

The Alliteration A*sses Advocacy Alignment of the Dungeon Linguistics Unit offers this: Proper prior preparation preceding profitability.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi

Last edited by samurairabbi; 08-04-2012 at 20:27..
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:08   #15840
VN350X10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 8,039
A's & P's........

wan't that a supermarket chain ??
VN350X10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 14:38   #15841
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
I can do that for you wholesale.

No, no no. for once in our lives, since we are "rechanneling" as it were, our own funds, we WANT to pay retail. More to write off. Besides it attracts less attention if you pay market price than if you keep coming up with deals.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 17:17   #15842
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN350X10 View Post
A's & P's........

wan't that a supermarket chain ??
Excellent memory, Unkle. I too remember the A&P supermarket chain. My parents could remember when the full name was Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company.

On the other hand ... T&A is something completely different!
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 17:52   #15843
Taterhead
Counting Beans
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
Why is it that Doctors and Lawyers call it a "Practice"? ...

Shadow, good Sir, us accountants refer to it as "practicing accounting" too. We keep practicing until the numbers come out like we want them to.

SR would know a thing or two about that over in Dungeon Finance. He is truly a professional practitioner. Get enough N' Sweats in him and he might "talk a little shop," so to speak. Sometime when he is appropriately lubricated (now is probably a good time most likely), ask him how he consistently manages to "hit the numbers."
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 18:09   #15844
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
Shadow, good Sir, us accountants refer to it as "practicing accounting" too. We keep practicing until the numbers come out like we want them to.

SR would know a thing or two about that over in Dungeon Finance. He is truly a professional practitioner. Get enough N' Sweats in him and he might "talk a little shop," so to speak. Sometime when he is appropriately lubricated (now is probably a good time most likely), ask him how he consistently manages to "hit the numbers."
Actually, Tater, we don't "hit" the numbers; we SEDUCE them! I will show my age with this one-liner about "aggressive" accounting: Write off that loss with the help of Touche Ross.

Appropriate lubrication is not really necessary. I prefer to be superbly coherent when dispensing instruction on my embezzleme ... Whoops! ... on my precisely meaningful ... accounting technique. It is vital that my subordinates be as insightful as I am; after all, I like to take vacations, too!
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 19:35   #15845
Taterhead
Counting Beans
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Actually, Tater, we don't "hit" the numbers; we SEDUCE them! I will show my age with this one-liner about "aggressive" accounting: Write off that loss with the help of Touche Ross.

Appropriate lubrication is not really necessary. I prefer to be superbly coherent when dispensing instruction on my embezzleme ... Whoops! ... on my precisely meaningful ... accounting technique. It is vital that my subordinates be as insightful as I am; after all, I like to take vacations, too!
I must admit that I am lost me on "Touche Ross." Never met the guy. Was he good with numbers too?

RE: your vacation -- just leave us your rubber stamp and a fresh ink pad. We'll cover for ya.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 19:43   #15846
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,373


Quote:
Originally Posted by samurairabbi View Post
Actually, Tater, we don't "hit" the numbers; we SEDUCE them! .....Appropriate lubrication is not really necessary.
There's a fine line between seduction and hitting, and lubrication is more useful for the former than the latter.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 19:46   #15847
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
I must admit that I am lost me on "Touche Ross." Never met the guy. Was he good with numbers too?

RE: your vacation -- just leave us your rubber stamp and a fresh ink pad. We'll cover for ya.
In the eighties, Touche Ross was one of the "Big 8" accounting firms, and rumor had it, the most aggressively creative in masking bad news for its clients. The firm later merged with Deloitte Haskins & Sells, creating the current Deloite & Touche.
__________________
Samurai Rabbi
samurairabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 20:01   #15848
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman
 
_The_Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southeast, LoUiSiAna
Posts: 4,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
Shadow, good Sir, us accountants refer to it as "practicing accounting" too. We keep practicing until the numbers come out like we want them to.

SR would know a thing or two about that over in Dungeon Finance. He is truly a professional practitioner. Get enough N' Sweats in him and he might "talk a little shop," so to speak. Sometime when he is appropriately lubricated (now is probably a good time most likely), ask him how he consistently manages to "hit the numbers."
Well if this is the case the Dungeon Finance accountants may need to practice my method of doing taxes...You work them backwards! You decide how much you want [$$$] back then work said numbers with a little practice and arrive at the best numbers to achieve your desired results! You may be familure with part of this method referred to a Fudging!
__________________
Southeast, LoUiSiAna
NRA Life Member
BASS Life Member
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 20:12   #15849
Taterhead
Counting Beans
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
Well if this is the case the Dungeon Finance accountants may need to practice my method of doing taxes...You work them backwards! You decide how much you want [$$$] back then work said numbers with a little practice and arrive at the best numbers to achieve your desired results! You may be familure with part of this method referred to a Fudging!
My mistake. I thought "fudging" was what happened inside your trousers when the IRS man busts you while seducing the numbers.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 20:19   #15850
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,373


How are those Packers doing?
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
moved to page, retardis revival
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:47.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,108
322 Members
786 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42