Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-06-2012, 13:32   #126
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockPistola View Post
Seems ironic that this guy worked in a psy ops unit in the military. You would think they would have a better psychological screening of people in this type of operation.
You would only think that if you don't know what Psy Ops is. Not kidding - it isn't some super-secret CIA program.
Old 08-06-2012, 13:38   #127
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
You would only think that if you don't know what Psy Ops is. Not kidding - it isn't some super-secret CIA program.

I had a buddy who used to laugh about being in a "Psy Ops"
program in Vietnam.

"I threw the bundles of leaflets out of the plane, sometimes I even cut the bands around them first"
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 13:53   #128
GlockPistola

Quote:
I don't assume it is a super secret program, that was not my point. My point was that in those programs they do employ people that have knowledge of psychology, so you would expect there not only to be some sort of screening process, but that someone might see some red flags in his behavior. kind of like the Fort Hood shooting, the shooter was in the field of psychiatry yet people missed the red flags. People like this always have a history of problematic or bizarre behaviors, which apparently he had been disciplined before. Too many sociopaths and people with mental health disorders keep flying under the radar nowadays and going on these mass shootings and then of course, guns are blamed.

Last edited by GlockPistola; 08-06-2012 at 15:43..
GlockPistola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 14:04   #129
Detectorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
It just occurred to me. In all past cases of mass killings where a .gov vet was involved, how many were from the Navy (not Marines) or Air Force?

Any studies on that?
It's hard to get PTSD in the AF or NAVY unless one of them is hit by a golf ball or something.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 15:23   #130
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
It just occurred to me. In all past cases of mass killings where a .gov vet was involved, how many were from the Navy (not Marines) or Air Force?

Any studies on that?
US Postal workers. Ya gotta watch the mailman.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." B. Franklin, 1787, outside Independence Hall

There's not "good" or "bad" muslims, only those true to their book and those that aren't, yet...
Jeff82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 16:49   #131
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I had a buddy who used to laugh about being in a "Psy Ops"
program in Vietnam.

"I threw the bundles of leaflets out of the plane, sometimes I even cut the bands around them first"
Yep. The guys who played heavy metal over louspeakers to irritate Noriega in Panama? Psy Ops. The guys who draw leaflets asking the enemy to give up? Psy Ops.

Quote:
I don't assume it is a super secret program, that was not my point. My point was that in those programs they do employ people that have knowledge of psychology, so you would expect there not only to be some sort of screening process, but that someone might see some red flags in his behavior.
Psychology? Screening process? They employ soldiers - a guy goes into MEPS and they say, "do you want to be Infantry, Artillery, Psy Ops, Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic, Supply, or an MP" and he picks Psy Ops because the name sounds cool and they pretend it's a big deal in low budget movies about Vietnam. Most Psy Ops units in the Army are reserve and the 37F's I've served with are prison guards and cops and postal workers and construction laborers in civilian life.

Last edited by Bren; 08-06-2012 at 16:55..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 16:51   #132
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
I don't assume it is a super secret program, that was not my point. My point was that in those programs they do employ people that have knowledge of psychology, so you would expect there not only to be some sort of screening process, but that someone might see some red flags in his behavior. kind of like the Fort Hood shooting, the shooter was in the field of psychiatry yet people missed the red flags. People like this always have a history of problematic or bizarre behaviors, which apparently he had been disciplined before. Too many sociopaths and people with mental health disorders keep flying under the radar nowadays and going on these mass shootings and then of course, guns are blamed.
You'd be most disappointed to know that they don't do squat high-speed/low-drag in PsychOp or Military Intelligence.
Old 08-06-2012, 17:02   #133
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
It's hard to get PTSD in the AF or NAVY unless one of them is hit by a golf ball or something.
Actually, there are loads of Air Force and Navy on the ground in Afganistan, attached to Army units. When I went through the combat advisor school, it was mixed almost evenly with Army, Navy and Air Force. The squad right behind mine in company formations was about 8 Air Force supply people and 1 Army Infantryman with badges and tabs all over. While I was in the school, 2 Navy officers that recently graduated from my Company were killed by an Afghan soldier that had recently been trained under the supervision of U.S. advisors hwo probably graduated with them at Ft. Riley. There are plenty of ways for them to get PTSD.

Lt. (j.g.) Francis Toner (Silver Star)

Lt. Florence B. Choe

Last edited by Bren; 08-07-2012 at 04:50..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 17:13   #134
Mister_Beefy
Legal & Proper

Quote:
Well, you know how it is in a police state. The cops have to always be right. So if they're "thinking" possible domestic terrorism, it HAS to end up being domestic terrorism.

this is a troll post. I did not mention the police, you did.

Quote:

Why? Because cops are always right and have to have the last word! WORD!
only when they're trolling.

Quote:

Oh, BTW, I learned that on GNG.

another troll post. trying to get the last word in.

just let it go, you are making yourself look pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post

ah, now I understand why you keep doing it.

Last edited by Mister_Beefy; 08-06-2012 at 17:13.. Reason: typo
Mister_Beefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 17:19   #135
Patchman
Florist

Wow, another post by Beefy where Beefy sees the world revolving around picking on Beefy!

Pathetic.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 08-06-2012 at 18:15..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 17:26   #136
GlockPistola

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
You'd be most disappointed to know that they don't do squat high-speed/low-drag in PsychOp or Military Intelligence.
Quote:
Yep. The guys who played heavy metal over louspeakers to irritate Noriega in Panama? Psy Ops. The guys who draw leaflets asking the enemy to give up? Psy Ops.

Psychology? Screening process? They employ soldiers - a guy goes into MEPS and they say, "do you want to be Infantry, Artillery, Psy Ops, Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic, Supply, or an MP" and he picks Psy Ops because the name sounds cool and they pretend it's a big deal in low budget movies about Vietnam. Most Psy Ops units in the Army are reserve and the 37F's I've served with are prison guards and cops and postal workers and construction laborers in civilian life.
Well, gee, I would hope they would at least have one consulting psychologist on staff doing some of the planning. I think I want my tax payer money back for that unit.
Old 08-06-2012, 17:35   #137
countrygun

Quote:
Well, gee, I would hope they would at least have one consulting psychologist on staff doing some of the planning. I think I want my tax payer money back for that unit.

You do understand that a whole lot of people in "PsyOps" don't do anything related to psychology and, in general just do average soldier's jobs?
Old 08-06-2012, 18:47   #138
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Quote:
Wow, another post by Beefy where Beefy sees the world revolving around picking on Beefy!

Pathetic.
http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming...otos?id=528839

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming...I'd=528856

So, I'll oblige -

You really expect someone to believe the person at the above site isn't you? Avatar look familiar? Along the the underscore you use between "mister" and "beefy", its a certainty this is you.

Its OK to be a geeky gamer that lives at home. Its not OK to pretend to be otherwise, and act like you have a clue about life in the real world. Life isn't Call of Duty or Medal of Honor, your apparent favorite games. But, you being the know-everything kid you are, I doubt you'll see my point.

And if it seems like I'm picking on you - I'm not. I'm just making the forum aware of who you are in real life.

Last edited by wprebeck; 08-06-2012 at 18:48..
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 19:09   #139
XDRoX

Do we know what type of guns this guys used yet?
XDRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 19:19   #140
GlockPistola

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
Do we know what type of guns this guys used yet?
Not yet I don't think. Hope not another Glock, you know that no brain communist and fascist gun grabbers here in California would go as far as to single out Glocks to ban. (Well in your case, I would assume you would hope not an XD).

Last edited by GlockPistola; 08-06-2012 at 19:19..
Old 08-06-2012, 19:24   #141
Jack_Pine
CLM Number 257
Charter Lifetime Member

They keep on saying it was a 9mm. Brand aside, one would have to guess it was a 15-19 round mag. that will get hem going, hi-cap and all.
Old 08-06-2012, 20:58   #142
SouthpawG26

CNN just reported the gun to be an XD, 9mm.
Old 08-06-2012, 21:01   #143
Mister_Beefy
Legal & Proper

Quote:

Pathetic.

if it wasn't a troll post, then please explain what your post had to do with the topic of the thread.

you don't like me. I get it.

there is a very handy ignore feature built into vbulletin. why not use it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/profile/Mister_Beefy/photos?id=528839

gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/profile/mister_beefy/photos?I'd=528856

So, I'll oblige -

You really expect someone to believe the person at the above site isn't you? Avatar look familiar? Along the the underscore you use between "mister" and "beefy", its a certainty this is you.

Its OK to be a geeky gamer that lives at home. Its not OK to pretend to be otherwise, and act like you have a clue about life in the real world. Life isn't Call of Duty or Medal of Honor, your apparent favorite games. But, you being the know-everything kid you are, I doubt you'll see my point.

And if it seems like I'm picking on you - I'm not. I'm just making the forum aware of who you are in real life.

"its a certainty this is you."

I disagree, the only certainty here is that your post is a troll post, that is bumping an off topic post from a closed thread.

please stop, I wouldn't want you to get an infraction.
Mister_Beefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 21:23   #144
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawG26 View Post
CNN just reported the gun to be an XD, 9mm.

Are you saying CNN differentiated between and XD and a Glock?

"Elizabeth, I'm coming to join you, this is the big one!"
Old 08-06-2012, 21:23   #145
JuneyBooney

Quote:
You do understand that a whole lot of people in "PsyOps" don't do anything related to psychology and, in general just do average soldier's jobs?
That is probably more often than people think. The guy probably had money problems. It was obvious that he was trained a little in shooting.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 21:34   #146
GlockPistola

Quote:

That's because it was actually a LEO who reported this not one of the morons from CNN. The reporter, Erin Burnett (all looks and not much brains, imo) tried to set him up with an indirect question on gun control (sounded pro gun control), but the LEO didn't fall for it.

Last edited by GlockPistola; 08-06-2012 at 21:43..
Old 08-06-2012, 21:35   #147
SouthpawG26

Quote:

Yep. They actually stated that it was, in fact, a Springfield XD, 9mm. Multiple magazines were recovered from the deceased suspect.

They did indeed interview an LEO.

Last edited by SouthpawG26; 08-06-2012 at 21:36..
SouthpawG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 21:56   #148
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Wow, this thread slowed down a lot when relevant questions get brought up.
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 22:09   #149
ray9898

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelikeglasses View Post
Wow, this thread slowed down a lot when relevant questions get brought up.
No...it slowed down when the usually group showed up to derail it with their vast conspiracy theories based on fantasy.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 22:20   #150
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
No...it slowed down when the usually group showed up to derail it with their vast conspiracy theories based on fantasy.
Ray, I have a lot of respect for your analyse. But it seems like you only research the partyouy line. It seems like you are a LEO, I'm looking for opposing views, I welcome your thought out responses. But can you really say you have no questions?
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote