SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-06-2012, 22:26   #151
ray9898

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelikeglasses View Post
Ray, I have a lot of respect for your analyse. But it seems like you only research the partyouy line. It seems like you are a LEO, I'm looking for opposing views, I welcome your thought out responses. But can you really say you have no questions?

Questions? I have spent years dealing with things that just boggle the mind. I have seen humans do about every horrible thing you can imagine to each other for no good reason. If you are asking if I doubt a white supremacist could walk in and murder a bunch of people on his hate list the answer is no; I would not bat an eye.

Last edited by ray9898; 08-06-2012 at 22:40..
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 22:36   #152
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

There are parents who murder their own children.
An angry hateful man killing strangers?
Pure vanilla.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 23:03   #153
countrygun

Quote:
Ray, I have a lot of respect for your analyse. But it seems like you only research the partyouy line. It seems like you are a LEO, I'm looking for opposing views, I welcome your thought out responses. But can you really say you have no questions?

Man, I'd hate to kick that post on a hot day.

So everyone who doesn't see a conspiracy around every corner is spouting the party line?

Well thanks anyway. you sounding a bit paranoid will help see to it that no serious questions are asked when we are finished.

(this post will self destruct at the appropriate time)
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 23:11   #154
nmk

Huh. Beefy dude and some of the LEO responses seem pathetic and petty. Usually I'm rooting for one of them. It appears neither side wants to take the high road here.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 23:29   #155
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmk View Post
Huh. Beefy dude and some of the LEO responses seem pathetic and petty. Usually I'm rooting for one of them. It appears neither side wants to take the high road here.
If by "high road", you mean will I ignore a poster who claims he is not who we now know him to be? Because I won't. He constantly belittles LE at every turn, and has now begun a campaign to portray himself as a victim. I merely linked to some pics online, on a forum HE posted at. If you don't want stuff to come back and bite you, don't post it online.

As far as the OT and conspiracy theories go - I'm a jail officer, so i don't typically see the immediate mess people cause. But, I've known some nasty folks in my 12.5 years of time. One was a "mother" who lit her kids on fire after dousing them with gas. Another was a guy who bludgeoned his son to death with a weight, then tortured his wife to death (a gt'er made that run). Speaking of torture, Google Mel Ignatow. I knew him, too. Cecil New raped and killed a 3 year old boy, then threw him in the trash. I know him, too.

All these incidents, and the conspiracy clowns think a skinhead type wouldn't shoot up a church belonging to another religion? Yeah, OK.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 00:49   #156
glockman66

I just read an NBC article that said that Wade Michael Page was taken down by a police officer using a "Squad Rifle". I don't know this for a fact, but is there any chance that the "Squad Rifle" could also be known as an M16, M4, AR15 or an "Assualt Rifle/Weapon"? Possibly the MSM might not know the difference?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...st-groups?lite

Last edited by glockman66; 08-07-2012 at 00:57..
glockman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 00:55   #157
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman66 View Post
I just read an NBC article that said that Wade Michael Page was taken down by a police officer using a "Squad Rifle". Any chances that the "Squad Rifle" could also be known as an M16, M4, AR15 or an "Assualt Rifle/Weapon"? Apparently the MSM might not know the difference?
Given the media a "squad rifle" could be anything from a shotgun to a can of pepper spray.

Of course the real question is, does it have the shoulder thing that goes up?

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:38   #158
Ragnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
That is probably more often than people think. The guy probably had money problems. It was obvious that he was trained a little in shooting.
Doesn't take much "training" to shoot unarmed people.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:45   #159
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Beefy View Post
if it wasn't a troll post, then please explain what your post had to do with the topic of the thread.
If you bothered to read some of the posts prior to mine, you'll see that my post was a parody response to those asking "why did the police ALREADY declare the shooting domestic terrorism?"

Really. I'm serious. Go back and re-read. After you finish, I DEMAND AN APOLOGY.

That your parking space thread fell flat on it's face, well, please don't take that out on me.

Beefy doesn't like me. I get it. But the GT world does not revolve around poking Beefy. As I previously tried to tell Beefy, he should seek out someone to talk to.

Quote:
there is a very handy ignore feature built into vbulletin. why not use it?
So you're aware of this function. Curious why then you didn't use this function? Instead, you act like a 6 year old who'd rather keep instigating an event and then run to mommy crying "tell them to stop it, stop it." So who's being the troll here?

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 08-07-2012 at 05:26..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:17   #160
Mr.Pliskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
He constantly belittles LE at every turn,
Because LE is "The Man" and everyone knows you have to stick it to him.

Quote:
Of course the real question is, does it have the shoulder thing that goes up?
It couldn't be...aren't those banned?
Mr.Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:50   #161
Patchman
Florist

OK, so so far, nobody has determined if the shooter was just looking to shoot up any non-whites, the Sikhs specifically, or Muslims (but confused them with Sikhs), right?

Any updates?

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:44   #162
glockman66

Two more "Squad Rifle" descriptions have shown up in the MSM:

http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S2...html?cat=10151

ALSO:
http://www.pressherald.com/news/nati...012-08-07.html
Old 08-07-2012, 10:27   #163
ray9898

Quote:

All of those stories are citing the same AP release.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:23   #164
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Good observation.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:30   #165
Mrs.Cicero
Wayward Member

This thread has gone weird. People doubting a skinhead could go into a house of worship and murder a bunch of strangers? Why the heck not? They base their worldview on HATE. It's easier to kill what you hate than it is to kill what you love. Just because you personally have never managed to hold onto a hate and grow it beyond your own survival instinct's ability to rein it in, doesn't mean no one else can do that. I find it far easier to believe a skinhead would kill a roomful of Sikhs than that a Sikh would kill a roomful of skinheads. Racist of me? Or am I a realist?

Mrs.Cicero

"Oh bother," said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Mrs.Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 14:54   #166
glockman66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
All of those stories are citing the same AP release.

Whether or not they came from the same source or not, the only term that is being put before the entire public is "squad rifle". People, that are not familiar/knowledgable with firearms, would not know the difference between a Daisy BB gun, a "squad rifle", an M4 or a 50cal. Barrett rifle. If the MSM was really honest and the "squad rifle" that took out Page(I totally agree that Page got exactly what he deserved when the police officer took him out) was really in deed an M4, why don't they call it an assault rifle just like they call it when they are trying to demonize gun owners and push for another AWB?

Last edited by glockman66; 08-07-2012 at 14:57..
Old 08-07-2012, 15:22   #167
RichardB
Silver Membership

The police used a rifle, so there should be no 9mm, 40 S&W, 45ACP etc discussions in caliber corner.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 15:46   #168
glockman66

"Squad Rifle"?:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/slideshow/...oting/#slide=2

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncsta..._shooting3.jpg

Last edited by glockman66; 08-07-2012 at 16:08..
Old 08-07-2012, 17:07   #169
AWGD8
Sr.Glocker39OD

Possibly a shotgun.....

Had Glock 35 OD / Glock 27/ Ruger LCR 357/ Sig Sauer 522 OD / Glock 39 OD
AWGD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 17:17   #170
Tx_Angus
Wage Slave

I didn't expect to agree with the shooter on many things, and it appears guns will be scratched off the list too. I never have been impressed with these....

http://news.yahoo.com/handgun-type-u...145915701.html
Old 08-07-2012, 17:18   #171
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
I just read an NBC article that said that Wade Michael Page was taken down by a police officer using a "Squad Rifle". I don't know this for a fact, but is there any chance that the "Squad Rifle" could also be known as an M16, M4, AR15 or an "Assualt Rifle/Weapon"? Possibly the MSM might not know the difference?
They may not want to point out police use an "assault weapon", heaven forbid one of the evil things was used for good.
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 17:24   #172
Bren
NRA Life Member

Springfield Armory calls one version of the M1A a "Scout Squad Rifle" and they advertise it as being popular with police, so maybe he was using that and that's where the press got the term?

The Okie Corral

Last edited by Bren; 08-07-2012 at 17:25..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 17:42   #173
glockman66

I will concede that this could be the case. But IMHO, I would think that if the police were going into a possibily residential area, that a .308 would be too much overkill to use. I would also think that the police officers would use a 5.56/.223 with frangible bullets to prevent further people from being injured/killed if there were further shootouts.

Last edited by glockman66; 08-07-2012 at 20:07..
Old 08-07-2012, 17:53   #174
writwing

Quote:
Why was this so quickly called domestic terrorism?
WGWG = White guy with gun
Old 08-07-2012, 18:43   #175
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by writwing View Post
WGWG = White guy with gun
Ha, awesome!
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote