GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 20:07   #176
FetchMonster1
Member
 
FetchMonster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rolla, MO
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by writwing View Post
WGWG = White guy with gun
So the guys in CO & AZ weren't white then?
__________________
>>> silly political comment<<<
FetchMonster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 20:41   #177
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMonster1 View Post
So the guys in CO & AZ weren't white then?

Remember the guy in AZ was immediately "identified' as a "Tea party member"
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 23:36   #178
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Remember the guy in AZ was immediately "identified' as a "Tea party member"
Zimmerman is only 1/2 white. Anybody see the links to the bands my space. Awful music.
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:26   #179
RichardB
Silver Membership
Senior Member
 
RichardB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 1,360
Oak Creek PD SWAT team seem to have M-4 weapons. Don't imagine patrol officer have anything different. Think of squad rifle as in Squad Car Rifle?

http://www.oakcreekwi.org/police/ocp...sponseUnit.htm
__________________
Richard

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”

Last edited by RichardB; 08-08-2012 at 06:25.. Reason: too early should have just went back to bed zfter peeing
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:51   #180
Patchman
Florist
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Land of Flora, Fauna & Merriweather
Posts: 11,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman66 View Post
"Squad Rifle"?:
Maybe that PD has a few M249 SAWs? Cool!
__________________
Sounds like he has nothing left but be a monkey's uncle. It's not like he's got a monkey's manhood left.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 08-08-2012 at 03:53..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:42   #181
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
RottnJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 1,997
The same people referred to the shooter having damaged several squads with gunfire- He's talking about the cars, and the carbine then is simply the rifle carried in the squad car. In this case, the squads carry M-4's, apparently.

Just the lingo: Don't over-think it.
__________________
Outpost Member #69.14159
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 23:34   #182
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 1,776
Wasn't he accused of only having a pistol? Serious.
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 00:14   #183
ray9898
Senior Member
 
ray9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17,177


Quote:
Originally Posted by RottnJP View Post
The same people referred to the shooter having damaged several squads with gunfire- He's talking about the cars, and the carbine then is simply the rifle carried in the squad car. In this case, the squads carry M-4's, apparently.

Just the lingo: Don't over-think it.
Yup....most agencies just refer to it as a patrol rifle.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 00:51   #184
glockman66
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,025
I say potato and You say potahto, I say tomato and You say tomahto .


LIB MSM LEXICON:

M4/AK47 full auto in the hands of a terrorist = Automatic Rifle/Weapon

M4 full auto in the hands of a police officer = Squad/Patrol Rifle/Weapon

M4 semi-auto in the hands of a law-abiding US citizen = Assault Rifle/Weapon

Last edited by glockman66; 08-09-2012 at 01:54..
glockman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:49   #185
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 1,776
So the security cameras were off at the Temple on Sunday. Didn't they observe suspicious persons there the day before? Why turn off the cameras they next day? And now the shooter committed suicide?
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:58   #186
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,670
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelikeglasses View Post
So the security cameras were off at the Temple on Sunday. Didn't they observe suspicious persons there the day before? Why turn off the cameras they next day? And now the shooter committed suicide?
Are you seeing "patterns"?
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:37   #187
kensb2
pistol n00b
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Apache, OK
Posts: 1,464
Other than the stories linked in this thread, I haven't read up on what happened here. However, I am curious why the man being interviewed in the video (I'm assuming he was there), said there were 4 white male shooters, but every other report & LE is only saying 1? No, I'm not trying to start any crazy conspiracy theory crap. I'm more curious if it's possible that the 'eye witness' got the details THAT WRONG.
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:19   #188
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,670
Blog Entries: 1


Yes.

Sent from my mind using Tapatalk 2
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:22   #189
kensb2
pistol n00b
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Apache, OK
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Yes.

Sent from my mind using Tapatalk 2
So he imagined the other 3? Can anyone explain how that would happen?
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:50   #190
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,670
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by kensb2 View Post
So he imagined the other 3? Can anyone explain how that would happen?
You are viewing the event with hindsight (knowing what happened/knowing what you're looking for.

He didn't, he experienced it has it unfolded.
He wasn't sitting there looking back waiting for the gunman he knew would appear.

He was going through his normal day, doing his normal thing, in condition white.

When shots/yelling broke out, he didn't know what was going on. His pulse went through the roof, his adrenaline rush/dump didn't help him coldly/clearly OODA.

Think about a time in your life where you were seriously startled by something. Now magnify that by a factor of at least 10x.

I could go further, but you should be getting my point by now.

Respectfully,

TBO
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:54   #191
kensb2
pistol n00b
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Apache, OK
Posts: 1,464
I have been to Iraq twice TBO, and admittedly my first handful of convoys were certainly similar to that (although I'm sure I was better prepared for the IED dodging). I'm just still having a hard time wrapping my head around 1 person vs. 4 people, 1 gun vs. 4 guns. I will have to admit, though, that the mind does tend to do whatever it needs to in order to protect itself in highly stressful situations.
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 13:38   #192
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,670
Blog Entries: 1


Hear a shot, think it came from one place/guy, hear another shot, think it came from yet another place, guy.

Lots of confusion. Add to that people are people. Interview enough witnesses and you'll find they run an amazing range.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 13:53   #193
DanaT
Pharaoh
 
DanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CO & Baden –Württemberg
Posts: 15,853
Blog Entries: 1
TBO,

You know it was black helicopters that descended on the place and did and planted a body. You just don't want to admit it.




Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
__________________
Quote:
Twice a week? 14 times a month?
Quote:
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 13:55   #194
DanaT
Pharaoh
 
DanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CO & Baden –Württemberg
Posts: 15,853
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Hear a shot, think it came from one place/guy, hear another shot, think it came from yet another place, guy.

Lots of confusion. Add to that people are people. Interview enough witnesses and you'll find they run an amazing range.
What is more probable? A lone racist nut or a govt conspiracy?

Exactly.

Conspiracy.




Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
__________________
Quote:
Twice a week? 14 times a month?
Quote:
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 14:00   #195
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,670
Blog Entries: 1


An example of an "eyewitness"


-----------------------

Another example of a witness:



Last edited by TBO; 08-10-2012 at 14:05..
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 14:22   #196
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 33,508
I'm not reading all that's been posted in this thread since I last looked, because I've been around long enough to know what it's worth.

However, on the "4 or 5 shooters" conspiracy theory, I'll say this: when I first started reading about this, I thought it seemed very unusual for a skinhead to carry out a solo racial attack like this. While tere are others who might, my feeling was that white power skinheads are very "group" centered and I'd have expected more than 1.

On the one hand, this guy could have just gone off, same as any other nut shooter. The small number of people killed supports that.

On the other hand, it isn't impossible that there were multiple shooters and while the dead guy was shooting it out with police, the others were running for it, out the back (I say that not knowing the layout, or how many police arrived or how fast).

That doesn't make it a CIA covert operation or an alien invasion, but if the information came out that a couple of other buddies of the dead shooter were also involved, I wouldn't be shocked.

On the third hand - if you saw some sketchy info that some witness claimed there was more than 1 shooter and you started thinking that somehow meant a conspiracy involving the government, you aren't rational and probably shouldn't be trusted with a gun yourself.
__________________
If you are not an NRA member, you are not involved in gun rights, so sit down and shut the +%@# up.

Last edited by Bren; 08-10-2012 at 14:25..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:06   #197
RottnJP
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
RottnJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 1,997
Hey, this is pretty catchy- I think all witness statements should be set to music...

__________________
Outpost Member #69.14159
RottnJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 16:43   #198
writwing
Senior Member
 
writwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMonster1 View Post
So the guys in CO & AZ weren't white then?
Huh?
__________________
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. T. Roosevelt
writwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 23:50   #199
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,670
Blog Entries: 1


Indian dignitaries convey condolences to Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting survivors, families

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...71a_story.html
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 17:06.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,394
385 Members
1,009 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42