GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-11-2012, 19:25   #51
BrthrB

Anybody know if it will fit in a Safariland 6280 duty holster?
BrthrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 19:39   #52
gunsup

No plastic or sharp edges. It looks as if they redesigned at some point. We'll see

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited by gunsup; 08-11-2012 at 19:41..
gunsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:29   #53
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict

With thumbs forward grip, the light is very easy to manipulate the on/off switch. I just drove my wife's dog crazy with the light, she hates flashlights.

stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:31   #54
fordemti
SC Medic

Just bought one thanks to y'all!!! It's awesome for the price.

"There's something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be. Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?"
Tool
fordemti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:33   #55
Fwdftw

Those lights ****ing BLOW,I killed one on a g19 as did a friend it would only work if we beat it on the head.

Fwdftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:43   #56
ak103k

Quote:
With thumbs forward grip, the light is very easy to manipulate the on/off switch.
At a stretch, maybe if your a lefty. I shoot thumbs forward, and theres no way if your shooting right handed.

Zeitgeist - Addendum
ak103k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:52   #57
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict

Sights, Optics and Lasers

Since I can't take a photo using a two handed grip, you can just imagine that my left hand index finger reaches, just as easily as my right finger when its indexed off the trigger. This is on my Gen4 22, and about equal on my RTF2 23.

Is yours an older version maybe? There does seem to be more than one of them out there, kodiakpb linked one with white lettering all over.

stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:06   #58
ak103k

I was using mine on a 17. From the looks of your pic, the light sits farther forward on them, placing the switch out of reach.

Zeitgeist - Addendum
Old 08-11-2012, 21:13   #59
youngdocglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak103k View Post
I was using mine on a 17. From the looks of your pic, the light sits farther forward on them, placing the switch out of reach.
Depends on finger length. My index finger pad almost goes past the switch itself. But hey for $40..........cant complain too much. Mine is built like a rock. I just busted my old TRL-1 today doing stress tests on them both.

Dropped a 25Lb weight on them in the front yard. Nebo works. TRL crushed haha. Oh well bulb was burnt out on the TRL-1 anyway....
Old 08-11-2012, 22:26   #60
Opie 1 Kenopie
Regular Guy

Read this thread this morning and went to WM. Sales guy said they JUST got them in, took mine out of a shipping box. $40.

As mentioned above, its not perfect, but it looks well built and just got mounted on my wife's G19 nightstand gun. The LED is BRIGHT. I'm not a light/weapon guy for CCW, I prefer a separate light, but for hd, this thing will get the job done nicely. It's WAY brighter than the plastic incandescent MX3 that I have on her gun right now. Its not "gunfight in Fallujah" quality, but useful enough for the price!

Last edited by Opie 1 Kenopie; 08-11-2012 at 22:27..
Opie 1 Kenopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 22:28   #61
mrc545

Just got back from my 24-hr Walmart and got 3 of them (went right after I read this thread). I have a TLR-1 that I've been alternating between the 17, 20, and 29, but now I can have one for each, and my TLR-1 will be on AR duty! Comparing side-by-side, the Nebo light doesn't overpower the TLR-1 by THAT much, but the light does seem to be "whiter" and less of a blob.

I am going to keep 2 of them sealed in the packaging, and if the one I've opened survives 200-250 rds of full-power 10mm, then I'll crack the other ones open.
mrc545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:11   #62
larson1122

Well I went and picked one up tonight too. Pretty nice little light for $40. Very bright for the money. Hopefully I can get out and shoot a few rounds with it on the 20 and 21 in the next couple days to see how it holds up.

Pic on the G21:

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockfanbob View Post
Anyone care to post up actual light output pics at various distances?
This picture was taken at about 15 feet. This thing was the only light on in the house at the time, really lights things up well for what it is.

larson1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:17   #63
ak103k

Quote:
Depends on finger length. My index finger pad almost goes past the switch itself.
I guess. You boys must have gorilla hands or are shifting your grip to get to the switch. I wear a size XL glove, and the only way I can get to the switch like it shows in stolenphot0's pic, is if I rotate my grip anti clockwise. After thinking about it more last night, I did try it on my 19 this morning, and its the same thing.

I guess Im spoiled by the Streamlight/Insight's switch position, where it reaches into the trigger guard and can easily and naturally be activated by either hand and either grip. With a normal thumbs forward grip, the off hand thumb rests right on the momentary side of the switch, which is perfect, and if you think about it, the correct way to work the light. The gun handles as it always does, and there is no shifting of the hands or fiddling to get the light on. Except in an emergency, the trigger finger is used only for the trigger. Using it for the switch, especially under stress, is just asking for trouble.

But hey, thats all just me. If it works for you, great. You sure cant beat the price.

Zeitgeist - Addendum
Old 08-12-2012, 05:46   #64
ADK_40GLKr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap Tap View Post
I'm probably the only one that chuckled at the first response to a Walley World thread being.

I seen
(I had) "Seen..." ?

You might be right, though. It has been edited.

I was blessed (maybe it was a curse) with straight "A's" in HS & College English, so the spelling and grammar I see everywhere in the 'net would drive me bonkers if I let it. So I try not to be a Grammar Nazi. Think of it as a "Pop Culture" thing rather than just plain ignorance. Comes from too much texting. :-)
Luke 22:36 He said to them, ď... if you donít have a Glock, sell your cloak and buy one."

NRA, GSSF, IDPA, NY voter.

Last edited by ADK_40GLKr; 08-12-2012 at 06:05..
ADK_40GLKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 16:27   #65
youngdocglock

I really pulled the trigger and bought 6 today now every gun with a rail....has a light. These things are GREAT!
Old 08-12-2012, 16:44   #66
Fwdftw

You all will regret this . They are junk ..don't waste your money . I got mine for 25$ and would never buy another .

Fwdftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 17:34   #68
BroncoAZ
Glockalfeliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdocglock View Post
I really pulled the trigger and bought 6 today now every gun with a rail....has a light. These things are GREAT!
I'm certain I would've spent $140 less and gotten one Streamlight TLR-1s that I could swap gun to gun as needs dictated. I don't need lights on 6 different Glocks.
BroncoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 17:43   #69
.38 super
Observer

I went trough several of them, not this particular brand but the same price range, some marked for weapon mount, not for airsoft, purchased also few for friends.
Sorry to say it - they all went broke after the first few hundred rounds...
I rather spend couple bucks more for Streamlight or some other brand name, than to buy another-one of those.
Hope you guys have more luck with yours, I know there is a weapon mounted light coming from Olight, it should be cheaper than most of the products on the market, my thing is: if it]s going to be Chinese, let be from a known manufacturer, again, I could be wrong...
Florida Glockers Club #1964
Калашников Клуб №1000
.38 super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:18   #70
NickC50310

Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
I had been looking at this light for my nightstand gun. I already have a nebo blue line on my ak and it works great. I will be getting one of these also but i dont think my local wally world carries them. I will be checking tonight!

NickC50310 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:31   #71
mingaa

They get good reviews. I'm about to find out - eBay 33.25 buy-it-now with free shipping. I bought it a couple of days ago and am about to check tracking. If you have patience some slip through the cracks for less. I've already go plans for one or two more and will pick up batteries on the web (the ONLY place to buy specialty batteries) The CR123A for the Nebo can be had for as low as a buck each if you shop around.

Last edited by mingaa; 08-24-2012 at 08:33..
mingaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:39   #72
KenInColorado

I picked one up a week ago after reading this thread. I'm pleased with how it fits and the light output, and the switch is easy enough for me to turn on. I have not taken it to the range yet but that will happen shortly. I've done dumber things with $40, so to me it was worth trying.
KenInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 16:37   #73
thesilverbullet

picked one up today at wally world.

fits perfect on my g21-gen4, zero issues with scratches (installing or removing). u could install and remove a 1,000 and never scratch the gun. u can spread the mounting rails wide open for installation.

the light is bright, has a clean looking spot, easy to reach on/off switch and strobe is nice too.

Last edited by thesilverbullet; 09-16-2012 at 16:40..
thesilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 16:47   #74
ak103k

Now that people have had them for a little while, how are they working/holding up to actual use?

Zeitgeist - Addendum
Old 09-16-2012, 18:50   #75
Bflying

I've got quite a few rounds through my G22 with the light/laser combo version. Still working great.

Rather Bflying
Bflying is offline   Reply With Quote