GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 20:47   #26
arclight610
Senior Member
 
arclight610's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,016
One can't pick and choose which policies to abide by and which to not. The whole premise of the military is following lawful orders and policies set forth by those in charge. She should not have been promoted, or even still be in the Army. However, she did get promoted and is still in. That is the direction the military is going, compromise.
arclight610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:51   #27
lunarspeak
Senior Member
 
lunarspeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: north carolina
Posts: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
What would McArthur, Patton, Bradley, Nimitz, Sgt. York and Audie Murphy think of this crap?
im going to bet atleast one or more of them was gay too so im thinking they would have said "you go girlfriend"

there are alot of gays in the armed forces.there was gay sex in the trenches of ww1 there was gay sex on the sands of normandy there was gay sex in the jungles of vietnam and gay sex in the moutains of afgahastan..thre is no way to get rid of it.

maybe instead of people worrying about gays in the millitary they should worry about the drug addicts or gang members that have beeen documented going in to learn to be better and tougher on the streets...how about the high percentage of domestic violence..nope the OP isnt worried about that.
lunarspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:52   #28
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,350


Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
maybe she didnt turn gay until after it was allowed in the military....
If so, than it's not some mysterious genetic condition instead of a behavior choice.

If not, then she lied to obtain a security clearance.

The Furball Forum

ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:53   #29
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by boby View Post
Who cares what a bunch of dead guys think?

Half his posts are troll posts, don't mind him.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:58   #30
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
Half his posts are troll posts, don't mind him.
I think I have told you once before. If you have a beef with me, PM me. Don't be a punk and do it on the forum, but, if you do, I understand, as that's your style.

Last edited by Restless28; 08-11-2012 at 21:19..
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:04   #31
youngdocglock
Senior Member
 
youngdocglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 896
what the **** does it matter if shes gay or not? seriously. Does being gay inhibit ones ability to fire a weapon? To defend their country? To honor their Oath? To command troops or to DIE in battle? NO......I Am a Former Marine and i support ANY soldier who has given 26 years of their life to this country no matter what sexual preference they have.

Support our damn troops! Regardless of their skin color, religion, sexual preference or Political beliefs.............seriously. If you dont support gay marriage. COOL. But dont insult a Army General because she likes women. Thats severely un-Patriotic and out right un-American.
__________________
"WELCOME TO MY HOME! That door you just kicked in was locked for YOUR protection, not mine!"
youngdocglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:11   #32
Detectorist
Senior Member
 
Detectorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Robertsville, MO
Posts: 7,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdocglock View Post
. Thats severely un-Patriotic and out right un-American.
I beg to differ
__________________
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:14   #33
stevelyn
NRA Life Member
 
stevelyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fairbanksan in Aleutian Hell
Posts: 8,229
Congratulations to the General on earning her star. :salute:

The govt lies about weed. I lied about weed use. It didn't affect national security while I had my clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
If so, than it's not some mysterious genetic condition instead of a behavior choice.

If not, then she lied to obtain a security clearance.



The Furball Forum


Hey............ Isn't that the unit patch for the 69th Div?



Quote:
The age of Radical Christian Moralism is over in this country. Our culture has progressed.

I certainly hope so.
__________________
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:15   #34
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,172
Blog Entries: 2
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

:gayfight:
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 08-11-2012 at 21:16..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:17   #35
youngdocglock
Senior Member
 
youngdocglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
I beg to differ
Really? So you believe that insulting a solder. who has given most of their life to protecting your behind.......deserves to be judged because of their choice in partner?

What happened to "where all men are created equal". ? I dont think that saying just applies to MEN.

After 9-11.........do you have any idea how many gay and lesbian firefighters charged into the towers , some who lost their lives.......

Do you know how many Cops, Paramedics, Doctors.........are gay or lesbian?

I understand religious views on Marriage. Thats your right as an American. However what gives you the right to judge a human being who lives to defend you?

Im willing to bet all my chickens that if we had another terror attack......you wouldnt give two craps who was saving your butt..........gay....lesbian..........jewish..........mexican......wouldnt matter.

But its sure easy to sit at a computer and Insult our troops isnt it. Easy to judge people from afar. That is cowardice. Im sure that this woman...........doesnt have that much in her. Do you?
__________________
"WELCOME TO MY HOME! That door you just kicked in was locked for YOUR protection, not mine!"
youngdocglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:21   #36
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarspeak View Post
im going to bet atleast one or more of them was gay too so im thinking they would have said "you go girlfriend"

there are alot of gays in the armed forces.there was gay sex in the trenches of ww1 there was gay sex on the sands of normandy there was gay sex in the jungles of vietnam and gay sex in the moutains of afgahastan..thre is no way to get rid of it.

maybe instead of people worrying about gays in the millitary they should worry about the drug addicts or gang members that have beeen documented going in to learn to be better and tougher on the streets...how about the high percentage of domestic violence..nope the OP isnt worried about that.
Where is the documented evidence of all of that gay sex you claim?
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:23   #37
Detectorist
Senior Member
 
Detectorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Robertsville, MO
Posts: 7,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdocglock View Post

But its sure easy to sit at a computer and Insult our troops isnt it. Easy to judge people from afar. That is cowardice. Im sure that this woman...........doesnt have that much in her. Do you?
So, any opinion expressed on this forum which goes against yours is 'cowardice'?

How is it that I insulted her?

You sound awfully shrill.
__________________
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:24   #38
Detectorist
Senior Member
 
Detectorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Robertsville, MO
Posts: 7,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
Congratulations to the General on earning her star. :salute:

The govt lies about weed. I lied about weed use. It didn't affect national security while I had my clearance.




Hey............ Isn't that the unit patch for the 69th Div?




I certainly hope so.


Aren't you a cop? Did you lie on your application?
__________________
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:24   #39
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
x1000

This is a historic moment in the history of the United States Army and should be celebrated, but really, congratulations to BG Smith!!

The age of Radical Christian Moralism is over in this country. Our culture has progressed.

No longer do we have THE FIRST AMERICAN FEMALE ASTRONAUT living in shame of her sexuality, and in secret. No longer do we have General Officers living lives of service- contrary to the policies of their organizations.

We can celebrate the WHOLE HERO now... and that's a very good thing!

:salute:
What is Radical Christian Moralism?
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:28   #40
arclight610
Senior Member
 
arclight610's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdocglock View Post
Really? So you believe that insulting a solder. who has given most of their life to protecting your behind.......deserves to be judged because of their choice in partner?

What happened to "where all men are created equal". ? I dont think that saying just applies to MEN.

After 9-11.........do you have any idea how many gay and lesbian firefighters charged into the towers , some who lost their lives.......

Do you know how many Cops, Paramedics, Doctors.........are gay or lesbian?

I understand religious views on Marriage. Thats your right as an American. However what gives you the right to judge a human being who lives to defend you?

Im willing to bet all my chickens that if we had another terror attack......you wouldnt give two craps who was saving your butt..........gay....lesbian..........jewish..........mexican......wouldnt matter.

But its sure easy to sit at a computer and Insult our troops isnt it. Easy to judge people from afar. That is cowardice. Im sure that this woman...........doesnt have that much in her. Do you?
It's not that fact she is homosexual that is at issue. It is the fact that she was homosexual when in fact declaring that she was not for the last 25+ years and violating established policy.

Last edited by arclight610; 08-11-2012 at 21:28..
arclight610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:30   #41
youngdocglock
Senior Member
 
youngdocglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
So, any opinion expressed on this forum which goes against yours is 'cowardice'?

How is it that I insulted her?

You sound awfully shrill.
When it comes to hatred towards other people for living their own lives. Your right I am Shrill. My sister is a lesbian. Shes also a goddman fine Marine. She took a bullet in COMBAT in Iraq........she wasnt a combat soldier, she drove a TSB truck. But she did a whole lot more for the USA than most of the gay bashers out there.

You insulted her and every other gay/lesbian in the armed forces by saying that insulting this General was not Un-American. Which it is. America is about freedom, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And to State that bashing people who are doing exactly that...goes against everything our country stands for.

I am a Marine. I've served my time, so have THOUSANDS of gay/lesbian and Bisexual soldiers. I served elbow to elbow with them. Infact my Gunny was gay, Dont ask dont tell, But we all knew and there's no one else i would rather drop into a hornets nest with other than him.

Whether they enjoy the company of men or women....they are still damn fine soldiers. As someone who has been in the **** with them. I know this to be a truth, and no book, no hatred and no opinion will ever change that truth.
__________________
"WELCOME TO MY HOME! That door you just kicked in was locked for YOUR protection, not mine!"
youngdocglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:31   #42
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,350


The Furball Forum

ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:34   #43
HollowHead
Firm member
 
HollowHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam
Posts: 23,074


Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
What would McArthur, Patton, Bradley, Nimitz, Sgt. York and Audie Murphy think of this crap?
Are they still in command positions? HH
__________________
Never trust a pastor with a day job.

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:35   #44
arclight610
Senior Member
 
arclight610's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdocglock View Post
When it comes to hatred towards other people for living their own lives. Your right I am Shrill. My sister is a lesbian. Shes also a goddman fine Marine. She took a bullet in COMBAT in Iraq........she wasnt a combat soldier, she drove a TSB truck. But she did a whole lot more for the USA than most of the gay bashers out there.

You insulted her and every other gay/lesbian in the armed forces by saying that insulting this General was not Un-American. Which it is. America is about freedom, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And to State that bashing people who are doing exactly that...goes against everything our country stands for.

I am a Marine. I've served my time, so have THOUSANDS of gay/lesbian and Bisexual soldiers. I served elbow to elbow with them. Infact my Gunny was gay, Dont ask dont tell, But we all knew and there's no one else i would rather drop into a hornets nest with other than him.

Whether they enjoy the company of men or women....they are still damn fine soldiers. As someone who has been in the **** with them. I know this to be a truth, and no book, no hatred and no opinion will ever change that truth.
Ah, now I see. It's a personal issue.
arclight610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:36   #45
Detectorist
Senior Member
 
Detectorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Robertsville, MO
Posts: 7,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdocglock View Post
When it comes to hatred towards other people for living their own lives. Your right I am Shrill. My sister is a lesbian. Shes also a goddman fine Marine. She took a bullet in COMBAT in Iraq........she wasnt a combat soldier, she drove a TSB truck. But she did a whole lot more for the USA than most of the gay bashers out there.

You insulted her and every other gay/lesbian in the armed forces by saying that insulting this General was not Un-American. Which it is. America is about freedom, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And to State that bashing people who are doing exactly that...goes against everything our country stands for.

I am a Marine. I've served my time, so have THOUSANDS of gay/lesbian and Bisexual soldiers. I served elbow to elbow with them. Infact my Gunny was gay, Dont ask dont tell, But we all knew and there's no one else i would rather drop into a hornets nest with other than him.

Whether they enjoy the company of men or women....they are still damn fine soldiers. As someone who has been in the **** with them. I know this to be a truth, and no book, no hatred and no opinion will ever change that truth.
First of all son, you need some better reading comprehension. I haven't insulted anyone. I haven't expressed 'hate' for anyone. I just happen to strongly disagree with the current policy and with a promotion which appears to be politically motivated. That's all.
__________________
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:37   #46
youngdocglock
Senior Member
 
youngdocglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by arclight610 View Post
It's not that fact she is homosexual that is at issue. It is the fact that she was homosexual when in fact declaring that she was not for the last 25+ years and violating established policy.
Okay.....what if the application said

Are you black or hispanic?

Answering yes to either would be violation and you would not be allowed your god given right to serve your flag.

As it did before WW2..............would that be okay?

The Dont ask dont tell policy was pure bigotry. You should know that. It was BS from the start. I never agreed with it because i served with homosexual men and women and they were more committed to soldiering than anyone else.

Just like the Black units in WW2. everyone called them coons and monkeys and trash.....they fought harder than whites. We all know that. They proved they were worth admittance.

Gays and lesbians have proved that as well

She lied to protect her country. GOOD. She became a GENERAL.........you dont become a general if your not a damn good soldier. As far as i see it, if she had told the truth our country would have lost a great leader.

This is why the policy has been removed. Someones sexual orientation has nothing to do with being a soldier. It has to do with whiney wind bags who want to run someone elses life the way THEY see fit. ONLY God has the right to judge us. Noone else. And if being gay is a sin. he will deal with those people when their time comes, but i can guarantee, he will deal with those who sin by judgement just as harshly.

I say let those who serve our country be. They give us more than we give them.
__________________
"WELCOME TO MY HOME! That door you just kicked in was locked for YOUR protection, not mine!"
youngdocglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:38   #47
ray9898
Senior Member
 
ray9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17,163


Quote:
Originally Posted by arclight610 View Post
Ah, now I see. It's a personal issue.
Maybe you could learn something from it?

Last edited by ray9898; 08-11-2012 at 21:54..
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:40   #48
youngdocglock
Senior Member
 
youngdocglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
First of all son, you need some better reading comprehension. I haven't insulted anyone. I haven't expressed 'hate' for anyone. I just happen to strongly disagree with the current policy and with a promotion which appears to be politically motivated. That's all.
Why do you disagree.

Give one GOOD valid reason why gay or lesbian people should not be allowed to serve. Give one good reason why they are less human and less capable than you or I.

If you can honestly do that. With a Hardened response that gives Valid reason......then i may respect that answer.

But religion has nothing to do with the military. So dont try that one. It wont fly. I love my country. I was willing to die for it. As they are. to me......thats the only thing that matters.
__________________
"WELCOME TO MY HOME! That door you just kicked in was locked for YOUR protection, not mine!"
youngdocglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:43   #49
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 27,530
Good for her. Congratulations Ma'am!
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:43   #50
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdocglock View Post
Okay.....what if the application said

Are you black or hispanic?

Answering yes to either would be violation and you would not be allowed your god given right to serve your flag.

As it did before WW2..............would that be okay?

The Dont ask dont tell policy was pure bigotry. You should know that. It was BS from the start. I never agreed with it because i served with homosexual men and women and they were more committed to soldiering than anyone else.

Just like the Black units in WW2. everyone called them coons and monkeys and trash.....they fought harder than whites. We all know that. They proved they were worth admittance.

Gays and lesbians have proved that as well

She lied to protect her country. GOOD. She became a GENERAL.........you dont become a general if your not a damn good soldier. As far as i see it, if she had told the truth our country would have lost a great leader.

This is why the policy has been removed. Someones sexual orientation has nothing to do with being a soldier. It has to do with whiney wind bags who want to run someone elses life the way THEY see fit. ONLY God has the right to judge us. Noone else. And if being gay is a sin. he will deal with those people when their time comes, but i can guarantee, he will deal with those who sin by judgement just as harshly.

I say let those who serve our country be. They give us more than we give them.
What evidence do you have that blacks fought harder than whites, other than some movies that may have led you to believe this?
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:15.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,282
398 Members
884 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42