Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-11-2012, 20:01   #21
camelotkid
non-believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyter2 View Post
I think people are avoiding the REAL issue and dodging what NEEDS TO BE SAID........................

Congratulations on your promotion and thank you for your service General Smith.
cheers to that
camelotkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:04   #22
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

maybe she didnt turn gay until after it was allowed in the military....

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:41   #23
NIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
I see you spelled flag correctly.

And yeah, if she lied to get her security clearance, she needs to be prosecuted. It's a matter of national security, not a sex club.

And how is her sexuality status a threat to National Security? Because she lied? I lost track of how many times I lied or my fellow soldiers lied to cover up for one of our own when they were underage drinking or did something stupid.

Breaking News: Gays have been serving in the military for longer than we've been alive.
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:41   #24
Glock13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
This is not really a political issue, or an Army issue - more of a social issue thing I guess, so I'm going to try GNG as a forum for it.

Army general is military's first openly gay flag officer

The interesting thing isn't that they made her a general and let her "wife" pin on her stars - that would be in keeping with Army policy . . . if you could make general in your first year.

The interesting part is, she has been in the Army for 26 years. More than 19 years ago, she had to state in writing that she was not a homosexual in order to join and I believe she may have had to lie about it again on her security clearance documents throughout the years. Even during Don't Ask Don't Tell, she was in violation for actually having a girlfriend/wife/whatever she calls her. DADT only stopped them from asking, it remained a UCMJ violation to have sex with a person of the same sex.

So that decided to ignore violations o fthe past - but does that wipe out an entire career of lying to the Army and violating regulations, to make her a general?

If she was straight and had a DUI as a captain, she probably wouldn't even be in the Army right now.
Just get over it man. It's time to move on from this issue.
Old 08-11-2012, 20:45   #25
ray9898

ehhh....big deal. Thanks for your service General.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:47   #26
arclight610

One can't pick and choose which policies to abide by and which to not. The whole premise of the military is following lawful orders and policies set forth by those in charge. She should not have been promoted, or even still be in the Army. However, she did get promoted and is still in. That is the direction the military is going, compromise.
arclight610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:51   #27
lunarspeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
What would McArthur, Patton, Bradley, Nimitz, Sgt. York and Audie Murphy think of this crap?
im going to bet atleast one or more of them was gay too so im thinking they would have said "you go girlfriend"

there are alot of gays in the armed forces.there was gay sex in the trenches of ww1 there was gay sex on the sands of normandy there was gay sex in the jungles of vietnam and gay sex in the moutains of afgahastan..thre is no way to get rid of it.

maybe instead of people worrying about gays in the millitary they should worry about the drug addicts or gang members that have beeen documented going in to learn to be better and tougher on the streets...how about the high percentage of domestic violence..nope the OP isnt worried about that.
lunarspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:52   #28
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
maybe she didnt turn gay until after it was allowed in the military....
If so, than it's not some mysterious genetic condition instead of a behavior choice.

If not, then she lied to obtain a security clearance.

The Furball Forum

ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:53   #29
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boby View Post
Who cares what a bunch of dead guys think?

Half his posts are troll posts, don't mind him.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 20:58   #30
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
Half his posts are troll posts, don't mind him.
I think I have told you once before. If you have a beef with me, PM me. Don't be a punk and do it on the forum, but, if you do, I understand, as that's your style.

Last edited by Restless28; 08-11-2012 at 21:19..
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:04   #31
youngdocglock

what the **** does it matter if shes gay or not? seriously. Does being gay inhibit ones ability to fire a weapon? To defend their country? To honor their Oath? To command troops or to DIE in battle? NO......I Am a Former Marine and i support ANY soldier who has given 26 years of their life to this country no matter what sexual preference they have.

Support our damn troops! Regardless of their skin color, religion, sexual preference or Political beliefs.............seriously. If you dont support gay marriage. COOL. But dont insult a Army General because she likes women. Thats severely un-Patriotic and out right un-American.
Old 08-11-2012, 21:11   #32
Detectorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdocglock View Post
. Thats severely un-Patriotic and out right un-American.
I beg to differ

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:14   #33
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Congratulations to the General on earning her star. :salute:

The govt lies about weed. I lied about weed use. It didn't affect national security while I had my clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
If so, than it's not some mysterious genetic condition instead of a behavior choice.

If not, then she lied to obtain a security clearance.

The Furball Forum

Hey............ Isn't that the unit patch for the 69th Div?

Quote:
The age of Radical Christian Moralism is over in this country. Our culture has progressed.

I certainly hope so.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:15   #34
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

:gayfight:
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 08-11-2012 at 21:16..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 21:17   #35
youngdocglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
I beg to differ
Really? So you believe that insulting a solder. who has given most of their life to protecting your behind.......deserves to be judged because of their choice in partner?

What happened to "where all men are created equal". ? I dont think that saying just applies to MEN.

After 9-11.........do you have any idea how many gay and lesbian firefighters charged into the towers , some who lost their lives.......

Do you know how many Cops, Paramedics, Doctors.........are gay or lesbian?

I understand religious views on Marriage. Thats your right as an American. However what gives you the right to judge a human being who lives to defend you?

Im willing to bet all my chickens that if we had another terror attack......you wouldnt give two craps who was saving your butt..........gay....lesbian..........jewish..........mexican......wouldnt matter.

But its sure easy to sit at a computer and Insult our troops isnt it. Easy to judge people from afar. That is cowardice. Im sure that this woman...........doesnt have that much in her. Do you?
Old 08-11-2012, 21:21   #36
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarspeak View Post
im going to bet atleast one or more of them was gay too so im thinking they would have said "you go girlfriend"

there are alot of gays in the armed forces.there was gay sex in the trenches of ww1 there was gay sex on the sands of normandy there was gay sex in the jungles of vietnam and gay sex in the moutains of afgahastan..thre is no way to get rid of it.

maybe instead of people worrying about gays in the millitary they should worry about the drug addicts or gang members that have beeen documented going in to learn to be better and tougher on the streets...how about the high percentage of domestic violence..nope the OP isnt worried about that.
Where is the documented evidence of all of that gay sex you claim?
Old 08-11-2012, 21:23   #37
Detectorist

Quote:

But its sure easy to sit at a computer and Insult our troops isnt it. Easy to judge people from afar. That is cowardice. Im sure that this woman...........doesnt have that much in her. Do you?
So, any opinion expressed on this forum which goes against yours is 'cowardice'?

How is it that I insulted her?

You sound awfully shrill.

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-11-2012, 21:24   #38
Detectorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
Congratulations to the General on earning her star. :salute:

The govt lies about weed. I lied about weed use. It didn't affect national security while I had my clearance.

Hey............ Isn't that the unit patch for the 69th Div?

I certainly hope so.

Aren't you a cop? Did you lie on your application?

Old 08-11-2012, 21:24   #39
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
x1000

This is a historic moment in the history of the United States Army and should be celebrated, but really, congratulations to BG Smith!!

The age of Radical Christian Moralism is over in this country. Our culture has progressed.

No longer do we have THE FIRST AMERICAN FEMALE ASTRONAUT living in shame of her sexuality, and in secret. No longer do we have General Officers living lives of service- contrary to the policies of their organizations.

We can celebrate the WHOLE HERO now... and that's a very good thing!

:salute:
What is Radical Christian Moralism?
Old 08-11-2012, 21:28   #40
arclight610

Quote:
Really? So you believe that insulting a solder. who has given most of their life to protecting your behind.......deserves to be judged because of their choice in partner?

What happened to "where all men are created equal". ? I dont think that saying just applies to MEN.

After 9-11.........do you have any idea how many gay and lesbian firefighters charged into the towers , some who lost their lives.......

Do you know how many Cops, Paramedics, Doctors.........are gay or lesbian?

I understand religious views on Marriage. Thats your right as an American. However what gives you the right to judge a human being who lives to defend you?

Im willing to bet all my chickens that if we had another terror attack......you wouldnt give two craps who was saving your butt..........gay....lesbian..........jewish..........mexican......wouldnt matter.

It's not that fact she is homosexual that is at issue. It is the fact that she was homosexual when in fact declaring that she was not for the last 25+ years and violating established policy.

Last edited by arclight610; 08-11-2012 at 21:28..
arclight610 is offline   Reply With Quote