Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-11-2012, 22:16   #61
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdocglock View Post
Ill end with this. Some day. Your life will be saved by someone who is gay. It may already have been. You will be in a situation where your screwed, badly. And the person that is your savior will be gay.....Before i joined the Military. I thought just like you did. I despised my sister because she was a lesbian. Then a gay man gave his life for mine. And i realized what you have not gotten yet. They are people. Just like you and me. And they deserve all the same happiness that we do.

Good day.
Your shallow anecdote holds no sway over the moral superiority so vocally espoused by his type.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 22:19   #62
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
The Furball Forum

"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 22:20   #63
youngdocglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
Your shallow anecdote holds no sway over the moral superiority so vocally espoused by his type.
Theres the question. Morals. Which one holds more. Morals that says being gay is wrong. Or Morals that say judging others is okay.

Mine say live and let be. If they love their country, and are willing to die for it. Let them die for it. Just like everyone else.
Old 08-11-2012, 22:28   #64
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
No it's not. Guys like you need to stop saying that.

Race is determined mostly by skin color. Sexual orientation is determined by behavior.

So please stop getting all high and mighty and... making [invalid] analogies.
Fixed it for ya!

I know you and I don't agree much, but please let the trolls lie as they'll never participate in an honest dialog.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 08-11-2012 at 22:29..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 22:30   #65
Ummagumma

Quote:
No it's not. Guys like you need to stop saying that.

Race is determined mostly by skin color. Sexual orientation is determined by behavior.

So please stop getting all high and mighty and start making valid analogies.
Wow, just wow. So does it mean a virgin has no sexual orientation ?

Your sexual orientation, whether you act on it or not, is hardcoded in you. Biologically. You are born that way. So it's not any different from race.

Let me ask you - if someone openly admitted he/she were gay (i.e. had preference for people of same sex) but could prove that they never engaged in sex, would they be allowed into service when gays couldn't serve ? If the answer is "no", then how is it based on behavior / is different from race discrimination ?

Last edited by Ummagumma; 08-11-2012 at 22:32..
Ummagumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 22:32   #66
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
What is Radical Christian Moralism?
Biblical Sharia.

I have another confession to make to the GlockTalk inquisition- I kept my poncho liner and I never signed a DD 362.

(No way was I giving up my woobie!)

I hope they don't change the status of my discharge!
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 22:32   #67
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Some of you guys would hit it if you could....
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 22:33   #68
Detectorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Fixed it for ya!

I know you and I don't agree much, but please let the trolls lie as they'll never participate in an honest dialog.
Agree. I'm done.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 22:34   #69
youngdocglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Fixed it for ya!

Troll? I have an opinion that is different than yours and that makes me a troll? Bit childish dont you think.

I may not have Huge words, i may not use anecdotes or coin cool analogies. I may just be a Stupid Jarhead. I dont really care.

What i do have is i sleep peacefully at night. Knowing that my hands are clean of hatred, ignorance and judgement.

For me........thats good enough.
Old 08-11-2012, 22:35   #70
Detectorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
Biblical Sharia.

I have another confession to make to the GlockTalk inquisition- I kept my poncho liner and I never signed a DD 362.

(No way was I giving up my woobie!)

I hope they don't change the status of my discharge!
You WHAT? Isn't there any decency left in the world?

Did you make a jacket out of the poncho liner?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-11-2012, 22:37   #71
lunarspeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Where is the documented evidence of all of that gay sex you claim?
its common knowledge..just like its common knowledge about all the straight sex..guess wha alot of the soldiers even masterbate...

my wife comes from a family of marines who were deployed to iraq , one BIL went twice and one BIL went once but he now works outside of iraq for a company that fixes airplans.

so ive heard the stories of soldiers getting caught doing it in hummers' in stykers...if you wanted coke it was all around..
my BIL even admitted that he used the services of a female soldier, one of many who are prostitutes...theres even males that do it too..

soldiers are still people and they have vices.....do you have this picture in your head where after a long day of patrol they sit down and have fries and a coke ,say their prayers and hit the sack...some lift weights ,some play basketball,some meet up with thier girlfriends....normal stuff
lunarspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 22:38   #72
KalashniKEV

Quote:
I despised my sister because she was a lesbian. Then a gay man gave his life for mine.
According to the GlockTalk Klan, he's in hell now... and your sister will join him.

I have a gay friend who ran route clearance for a few years and has two purple hearts and two bronze stars.

I guess he's not fit to serve either?

Old 08-11-2012, 22:42   #73
Lampshade

Quote:
Agree. I'm done.
Hi Detectorist, I noticed you chose not to address my post addressing sexual orientation.

I just thought that was interesting and was wondering what your response to my post might be.
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 22:43   #74
youngdocglock

Quote:
According to the GlockTalk Klan, he's in hell now... and your sister will join him.

I have a gay friend who ran route clearance for a few years and has two purple hearts and two bronze stars.

I guess he's not fit to serve either?

under these peoples opinions. Nope.

They would probably like to see every gay/lesbian person in the country deported to a small island. Because there should be separatism running wild throughout our country.
Old 08-11-2012, 22:48   #75
boby

I find it ironic that the same people who look at gay people as scum are the same people who complain about the erosion of American freedoms.

I can't comprehend how you can not support gay rights in this country. This is the United States. You are supposed to be able to do whatever you want here as long as it doesn't harm anyone else.

free·dom/ˈfrēdəm/
Noun:

1. The power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.
2. Absence of subjection to foreign domination or despotic government.
boby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 22:50   #76
Detectorist

Quote:
My sister is a lesbian. Shes also a goddman fine Marine. She took a bullet in COMBAT in Iraq........she wasnt a combat soldier, she drove a TSB truck. But she did a whole lot more for the USA than most of the gay bashers out there.
I hope your Sister has recovered fully.

Old 08-11-2012, 22:50   #77
youngdocglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by boby View Post
I find it ironic that the same people who look at gay people as scum are the same people who complain about the erosion of American freedoms.

I can't comprehend how you can not support gay rights in this country. This is the United States. You are supposed to be able to do whatever you want here as long as it doesn't harm anyone else.

free·dom/ˈfrēdəm/
Noun:

1. The power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.
2. Absence of subjection to foreign domination or despotic government.
Cant forget the ever so present "Separation of Church and State".........that ones gone right out the window.........wait isnt that reason we founded this Country in the FIRST PLACE.........oie.
Old 08-11-2012, 22:50   #78
KalashniKEV

Quote:
under these peoples opinions. Nope.
...and in 15 years when their children read these posts via Google Time Machine, it will be the same effect as if they found a YouTube video of them swilling a pint of their own urine.

Quote:
They would probably like to see every gay/lesbian person in the country deported to a small island.
Intolerance on this level confuses me. Why do I care who my neighbor is banging? Why should my neighbor care if I prefer shooting to tennis?

I have a feeling *some* of them would like to have a gay man in their log cabin... just to snuggle up to on those cold nights... perhaps one who also enjoys deer hunting... and can keep a secret...
Old 08-11-2012, 22:56   #79
youngdocglock

Quote:
I hope your Sister has recovered fully.
She has. And thank you for that. I do not mean to be so abrasive about this subject. But it is one very close to my heart, People who i love have died for their country, while being gay. I believe those people deserve the same respect as any soldier. Gay or not. And i believe we should give this Army General the respect she deserves for her Military Accomplishments, regardless of her sexual orientation.

Our country is looked down on daily by the entire world. We are called fat, lazy, stupid, intolerant , ignorant , violent, and oppressive.

And we back that up by oppressing our own people on a daily basis. We disrespect the honnor of the fallen to save face.

Maj. Allen Rodgers U.S. Army was killed in iraq After the dont ask dont tell policy was repealed. The Army asked his family to NOT tell the media that he was GAY. Because they didnt want people to know.

I can not think of any higher form of disrespect for a fallen soldier than that. He was a brother, a son a friend and a soldier. So what if he was gay. He deserves respect none the less. Just as every gay soldier does.
Old 08-11-2012, 23:00   #80
youngdocglock

Quote:
...and in 15 years when their children read these posts via Google Time Machine, it will be the same effect as if they found a YouTube video of them swilling a pint of their own urine.

Intolerance on this level confuses me. Why do I care who my neighbor is banging? Why should my neighbor care if I prefer shooting to tennis?

I have a feeling *some* of them would like to have a gay man in their log cabin... just to snuggle up to on those cold nights... perhaps one who also enjoys deer hunting... and can keep a secret...
Fear. That simple. I have found that when people dont understand something, can cant come up with a logical reason for something. They fear it, than attack it because they dont get it.

I didnt get it. I thought .........gay.......gross. I had not had contact with any gay people besides my sister, and i believed something was wrong with her. But in my unit we had 3 gay men. 3. I lived with, ate with, fought with these men for 13 months. I grew to know them, their families, their lovers, their hopes, dreams, wants, fears. They became my brothers. I then understood it. Being gay wasnt their choice. They didnt wake up one day and say "aweeee im gonna be gay now!". They were always gay. Its how they were born. God made them that way. And they accepted it. So i accepted them. My hate turned into love, sounds sissy-esque but it happened. I would have died for any one of them, just like any other man or women i served with. Because i was no longer afraid of it. I knew what it was............and i was fine with that.

Last edited by youngdocglock; 08-11-2012 at 23:00..
youngdocglock is offline   Reply With Quote