GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 18:38   #151
Jon_R
Silver Membership
Senior Member
 
Jon_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
McArthur and Patton would be too busy killing American veterans who only wanted what was due to them.

Bradley and Nimitz probably too busy trying to establish their power bases.

Sergeant York and Audie Murphy were too busy killing jerries to give a damn.
Audie Murphy fraudulently enlisted so he should have been booted anyways.... Right??

Quote:
In June 1942, shortly after what he and his sister Corrine believed was his 17th birthday, Corrine adjusted his birth date so he appeared to be 18 and legally able to enlist.
Jon_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 18:47   #152
Lampshade
Senior Member
 
Lampshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
...or homosexual behavior is a choice which anyone could possibly make.
Of course homosexual behavior is a choice. So is heterosexual behavior.

It is kind of sad though that we have several full grown adults in this thread who don't understand the difference between sexual activity and sexual orientation.

Last edited by Lampshade; 08-12-2012 at 18:48..
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 19:31   #153
G26S239
NRA Patron
 
G26S239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PRK
Posts: 9,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarspeak View Post
there was gay sex on the sands of normandy
Well if there really were gays doing each other at Normandy while everyone else was busy trying to take France back I can understand how the resulting resentment caused the anti homosexuality article to be put in the UCMJ in 1952. They really should have exercised better self control.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 21, 26 X 2, 32 and 36.
Proud member of the PigPen. Embrace the Pignose.
G26S239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 19:37   #154
427
 
427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KUMSC
Posts: 7,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock13 View Post
If there was, would you strip him of it? It is a simple question.
If it came down to him getting stripped I say, he created his own problems by lying.

People are canned/stripped of awards for honor violations, but if they can get away with whatever they do, fine, I guess.

That's the whole issue with this thread - Lying.

Should a sitting president be impeached for lying under oath?
__________________
Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
Virgil, Minor Poems

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 19:44   #155
Ummagumma
Senior Member
 
Ummagumma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Are you implying that you can't control your sexual behavior?
Well, enlighten me; was the question asked (before DADT) if you were a homosexual - which is biology - or if you engaged in said behavior ?

If someone said that they were a celibate homosexual, would they still be allowed to enlist ?

Do you imply that there was no straight soldiers fooling around ? Or are you saying they are all unworthy of being promoted or honorably discharged ?

This whole argument is worthy of Sen. Larry Craig.
Ummagumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 19:53   #156
Ummagumma
Senior Member
 
Ummagumma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Like I said prior, you're still mixing apples and moon rocks in your comparison.

Civil rights cover the broad spectrum of rights as a created being. These supersede governmental rights and are codified so as to prevent discrimination against people based on such things as "RACE," age, religion, national origin, ethnicity and gender.

The attempt to label homosexuality as a civil right is simply something that a group of homosexuals have cooked up themselves. The concept of "being born homosexual" was exposed and admitted to by some of the militants long, long ago.
The statement worthy of Sarah They exposed what exactly ? The concept ? As in, you seem to imply that it's a choice ?

People are being born homosexual. Heck, penguins are being born homosexual - ask Google if you don't believe me. Just because Judeo-Christian beliefs shun homosexuality doesn't mean it's a "choice". It's a biologically hard wired deviation. Just like Albinos.

Last edited by Ummagumma; 08-12-2012 at 19:54..
Ummagumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 19:54   #157
G26S239
NRA Patron
 
G26S239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PRK
Posts: 9,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Well, enlighten me; was the question asked (before DADT) if you were a homosexual - which is biology - or if you engaged in said behavior ?

If someone said that they were a celibate homosexual, would they still be allowed to enlist ?

Do you imply that there was no straight soldiers fooling around ? Or are you saying they are all unworthy of being promoted or honorably discharged ?

This whole argument is worthy of Sen. Larry Craig.
Yes the question was on enlistment papers in 1977. And probably for years afterward.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 21, 26 X 2, 32 and 36.
Proud member of the PigPen. Embrace the Pignose.
G26S239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 19:56   #158
Ummagumma
Senior Member
 
Ummagumma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by G26S239 View Post
Yes the question was on enlistment papers in 1977. And probably for years afterward.
Again, what question exactly ? About being a homosexual, or about engaging in sex with people of same gender ? 1st is biology, 2nd is biology+choice (although I believe that it's unnatural for a healthy adult to make a choice to stay celibate).
Ummagumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 19:59   #159
Detectorist
Senior Member
 
Detectorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Robertsville, MO
Posts: 7,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post



Do you imply that there was no straight soldiers fooling around ?
I can only assume that straight soldiers don't fool around with each other.

To me, putting gay soldiers in the same housing as straight soldiers is like housing men and women together, in the same rooms.
__________________
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 20:09   #160
G26S239
NRA Patron
 
G26S239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PRK
Posts: 9,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Again, what question exactly ? About being a homosexual, or about engaging in sex with people of same gender ? 1st is biology, 2nd is biology+choice (although I believe that it's unnatural for a healthy adult to make a choice to stay celibate).
Both, as in Are you a homosexual or have you engaged in homsexual acts? as I recall or words to that effect. It is also an article that was specifically covered in RTC basic training in the UCMJ class.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 21, 26 X 2, 32 and 36.
Proud member of the PigPen. Embrace the Pignose.
G26S239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 20:11   #161
Phaze5ive
Senior Member
 
Phaze5ive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Land of Teddy Bears
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
To me, putting gay soldiers in the same housing as straight soldiers is like housing men and women together, in the same rooms.
It's pretty self evident that gay dudes don't go for straight dudes and straight dudes don't go for gay dudes. How is it like housing men and women together again?
Phaze5ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 20:15   #162
Jon_R
Silver Membership
Senior Member
 
Jon_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Again, what question exactly ? About being a homosexual, or about engaging in sex with people of same gender ? 1st is biology, 2nd is biology+choice (although I believe that it's unnatural for a healthy adult to make a choice to stay celibate).
In 1992 the question was "Are you a homosexual?" Asked to you by a Doctor at least at MEPS station in Jacksonville. It was asked verbally and I don't remember then signing it though I assume there is a legal hook in there somewhere with it.

I didn't get in at that time. Took a prescription medication 9 months earlier that barred me for a year after stop taking it. I came back in 1993 after a year in college after DADT was in place and got in... I am sticking to the medicine story... When I went back the doctor took my old chart and a black marker and blacked out the previous question and answer.
Jon_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 20:16   #163
devildog2067
Senior Member
 
devildog2067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Near Chicago, IL
Posts: 15,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_R View Post
I thought we had highly trained professional Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors, and Marines.... I would expect them to act like professionals.
I served in the Marine Corps with some of the most courageous and motivated men and women I have ever known, and I trusted each and every one of them with my life.

On the other hand, we were still a bunch of mostly 18-to-20-year old kids, and we did all kinds of stupid **** all the time, from grabass to hazing to fighting to drinking like idiots. Expect a bunch of Marines to act like professionals in combat or on the drill field and they will impress you. Expect a bunch of Marines to act like professionals all the time and you will be sorely disappointed.

Last edited by devildog2067; 08-12-2012 at 20:17..
devildog2067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 20:19   #164
boby
Senior Member
 
boby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
The statement worthy of Sarah They exposed what exactly ? The concept ? As in, you seem to imply that it's a choice ?

People are being born homosexual. Heck, penguins are being born homosexual - ask Google if you don't believe me. Just because Judeo-Christian beliefs shun homosexuality doesn't mean it's a "choice". It's a biologically hard wired deviation. Just like Albinos.
You can't reason with these people. They are blinded by religion.
boby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 20:19   #165
ColdSteelNail
Senior Member
 
ColdSteelNail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 1,499
Thanks for your service general and congrats.

Who you fall in love with or sleep with is your business.
ColdSteelNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 22:29   #166
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_R View Post
Audie Murphy fraudulently enlisted so he should have been booted anyways.... Right??
Take back his MOH!!!
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 22:30   #167
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
I can only assume that straight soldiers don't fool around with each other.

To me, putting gay soldiers in the same housing as straight soldiers is like housing men and women together, in the same rooms.
Why? Because the straight guys suddenly grow ******s and can't defend themselves against these supposedly homo horn dog rapists?
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 23:23   #168
NEOH212
Diesel Girl
 
NEOH212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 8,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by boby View Post
Who cares what a bunch of dead guys think?
There are some of us that value their opinion because it is the right one.

This kind of crap is ruining this country and world. Believe what you want but people that engage in deviant behavior will have to answer for it someday.

And if you don't believe that your entitled not to. Just remember that unbelief doesn't make it any less true or the sinner any less guilty.

__________________
Diesel pickup, lift kit, 10mm, loud exhaust, big dog.... You didn't get enough attention as kid did you?
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 23:28   #169
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 27,592
Belief makes something as true as disbelief makes it false.
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 23:28   #170
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
There are some of us that value their opinion because it is the right one.

This kind of crap is ruining this country and world. Believe what you want but people that engage in deviant behavior will have to answer for it someday.

And if you don't believe that your entitled not to. Just remember that unbelief doesn't make it any less true or the sinner any less guilty.

Let's round'em up, tattoo'em and put them in the gas chambers. That'll solve the deviancy and moral corruption problems.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 23:38   #171
Detectorist
Senior Member
 
Detectorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Robertsville, MO
Posts: 7,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Why? Because the straight guys suddenly grow ******s and can't defend themselves against these supposedly homo horn dog rapists?
Why should they even have to think about defending themselves? Why should they lose their privacy?
__________________
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 23:40   #172
M&P Shooter
Metal Member
 
M&P Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 10,436
Army general is military's first openly gay flag officer

Her photo frightened me
__________________
I walk through the valley of the shadow of death but it's cool because my Glock 23 is loaded with 180gr HST!
M&P Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 00:01   #173
Glock13
Senior Member
 
Glock13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Eglin AFB
Posts: 2,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
If it came down to him getting stripped I say, he created his own problems by lying.

People are canned/stripped of awards for honor violations, but if they can get away with whatever they do, fine, I guess.

That's the whole issue with this thread - Lying.

Should a sitting president be impeached for lying under oath?
So, to be clear, you would strip him of his Medal of Honor for lying about pot use prior to enlistment?
__________________
PUTTING WARHEADS ON FOREHEADS...
Glock13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 00:43   #174
427
 
427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KUMSC
Posts: 7,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock13 View Post
So, to be clear, you would strip him of his Medal of Honor for lying about pot use prior to enlistment?
Let's do a little multiple choice.

A) I stated that he created his problem by lying in the first place.

B)I then stated that people get impeached/fired for honor violations. I opined that I guess it's OK that some people get away with it.

C)I stated that I thought the core issue in the OP was about lying.

D) I then asked if a sitting president should be impeached for lying under oath.

Where did I specifically state I would do anything?

1) A
2) B
3) C
4) D
__________________
Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
Virgil, Minor Poems

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 00:49   #175
427
 
427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KUMSC
Posts: 7,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock13 View Post
So, to be clear, you would strip him of his Medal of Honor for lying about pot use prior to enlistment?
For my amusement and probably the amusement of others, lets say I said yes.

I know you are itching to make a statement and go off on me, so have at it, son!!!

Please be original!
__________________
Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
Virgil, Minor Poems

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:30.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 602
167 Members
435 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42