Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2012, 11:46   #1
paulfisher44

Original GEN-1 Glock 17 keep original or upgrade ?

I have a G22 (mint police trade for $350 last year) as my primary carry (mostly CCW), originally I used my G17 which I've had for about three years. I bought the G17 used for $400 and came sparingly used, plus original paperwork including the registration card, manual, box, cleaning kit and original mags (LEO-Only marked) (also has the neat Austrian over-pressure stamps). It's had about 1000-1500 rounds through it and now has holster wear curtsey of a Blackhawk Serpa. It's never been modified in any way, but, I was going to take it over to Smyrna (it's nearby) and get it serviced, i.e. replacement springs and maybe sights, extended slide release, ghost trigger etc. So far, it's not had any failures.
The big question (and considering my budget will not allow me this year at least to get another G17 GEN3/4 to play with) is should I keep it original or treat it just as a tool and keep it 100% good to go by swapping out parts.
For my G22, I have a Wolf 40-9 barrel so I technically have two Glock 9mm's, why have one when you can have two. In a worse case scenario I then have two 9mm pistols that at that point need to both be in combat condition. At some point in the next 12+ months, I [may] be able to pick up another Glock, but who knows, you can't predict the future.
So the big question, take the plunge and upgrade/mod or hope for the best, keep as-is ??
I'm not planing on selling, so it's not like an investment piece.
Any one out there have any thoughts ???
paulfisher44 is offline   Reply With Quote