Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-11-2012, 13:24   #221
professorpinki
Bumbling idjit

Gray is not carrying two cell phone pouches.
professorpinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 13:07   #222
X-Aggie95

Great thread and one that I will continue to follow. As someone who travels on planes every week I have more than enough time to people watch. During those times I do see my share of gun printing. As a new card holder and reading this thread proves to be a must, at least for me. Head on a swivel for sure.
Old 07-23-2012, 21:21   #223
Glock_9mm

For years people that I do not know have asked if I'm a cop or if I'm in the military. I'm neither, but it kind of throws being "gray" out the window. I plan on carrying a G26 and a Kahr P380 as a BUG. Both are pretty easy to conceal, but if my "look" gives me a way, I'm already showing my cards. FWIW, my every day wear is a pair of tommy bahama shorts, polo and a pair of flip flops or running shoes. Any suggestions?
Scott
Glock_9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 17:00   #224
panzer1
NRA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
Anyone can be aware of their surroundings, but being aware without appearing to be looking around all the time is a skill that requires development and practice until it is second nature.
Thats right & its the way to do it.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:41   #225
TattooedGlock
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Wow, I forget we were all noobs once. You got a CHL or CCW to protect yourself. Don't change who you are, or you will stand out. Dress like you dress, no matter how that it and watch your surroundings for indicators that things are about to go bad. And most importantly, train and practice regularly on a range that allows you to draw, shoot, shoot from the hip, etc., or don't bother carrying. Also, packing a gun is not the end all to be all. Get off your fat *****, do some exercise, eat right, take some hand to hand self defense classes and realize that you're more likely to be justified in not shooting than you are in shooting. KISS. Peace out.

GSSF Life Member
1911 Club and Big Dawg Member
TattooedGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:39   #226
mjsarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
Then there are those who don't swagger or strut or anything similar, but their very presence says "Start something at your own risk".

They stand out also. They are the ones that most LEO'S don't mess with because they don't start things. The only exception to that of which I am aware are those LEO'S who have an inferiority complex of some type(Yes, they do exist, thankfully a small minority). They really dislike ANYONE who has a modicum of self confidence.
"Then there are those who don't swagger or strut or anything similar, but their very presence says "Start something at your own risk". - Being 6'0 - 240 and pretty thick in the chest does that all by itself.

All kidding aside, I've been carrying for almost 15 years and there's never been a time where I've "been made" or asked if I was "maybe" carrying. As stated by others, it all comes down to how you carry your weapon and equally as important, how you carry yourself. If you look or act like someone who is noticeably different than the people around you, you will be seen and then questions will start. Blend in, be cool and 99.9% of the time everything will be just fine.
Big Dawg #313 / Sub Club #313 / TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club #3577 / NRA Life Member

Gen 4 G19 / Gen 4 G21 / Gen 3 G26 / Gen 3 G30SF

Last edited by mjsarge; 08-28-2012 at 10:40..
mjsarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 14:44   #227
Schlitz

I print almost 100% of the time I carry. I've been mistaken for a cop by other people and by cops themselves.

I refuse the carry a .380 in my butt crack and I love outside the waistband holsters.

I don't care...

Carry Issues
Old 08-28-2012, 15:03   #228
Marine123

I have been carrying for 2 weeks and I have has prior incidents where because of my Hispanic descent I have been stopped and questioned. Well I do wear baggy pants and have a shaved head (prior military) I guess this makes me look like a Cholo. Does this look give me away as a ccw? I don't want to get shot by a police officer getting all freaked out.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Marine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 15:50   #229
Schlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine123 View Post
Does this look give me away as a ccw? I don't want to get shot by a police officer getting all freaked out.
Yes. A shaved head is a clear give away that you are carrying concealed, and when police know someone is carrying concealed they immediately open fire.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:51   #230
TattooedGlock
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
I print almost 100% of the time I carry. I've been mistaken for a cop by other people and by cops themselves.

I refuse the carry a .380 in my butt crack and I love outside the waistband holsters.

I don't care...

Carry Issues
Except here in TX if you print, you get arrested and lose your CHL

GSSF Life Member
1911 Club and Big Dawg Member
TattooedGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 18:38   #231
Schlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedGlock View Post
Except here in TX if you print, you get arrested and lose your CHL
Like Florida, I don't think Texas has a law that references printing.

Quote:
TEX GV. CODE ANN. 411.171 : Texas Statutes - Section 411.171: DEFINITIONS
(3) "Concealed handgun" means a handgun, the presence of which is not openly discernible to the ordinary observation of a reasonable person.
It seems printing would be okay in texas - so long as you're not wearing spandex that shows the complete outline of a gun.
Schlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 22:18   #232
RussP

Quote:

It seems printing would be okay in texas - so long as you're not wearing spandex that shows the complete outline of a gun.
Printing is NOT "okay in Texas."

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 13:10   #233
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoops dude View Post
That is completely true but In a real life situation are you going to dive to the floor with everyone else, or stay in bad guy's field of vision while drawing or attempting to draw your weapon whether it be by remaining seated or standing?
Most people look up to see what it is, stand still till the figure it out, then run. Going to the ground... not so much.
Old 08-30-2012, 16:09   #234
Schlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Perhaps if you're wearing spandex around the gun. But printing under a t shirt seems to fit the definition of concealed handgun per the Texas statutes. Is there any case law on this to set a different precedence?

The grip of your gun poking out of your shirt can look exactly like some of these giant smart phones people are carrying around today in a cell phone holster/case/clip/whatever they call them.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:08   #235
RussP

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Perhaps if you're wearing spandex around the gun. But printing under a t shirt seems to fit the definition of concealed handgun per the Texas statutes. Is there any case law on this to set a different precedence?

The grip of your gun poking out of your shirt can look exactly like some of these giant smart phones people are carrying around today in a cell phone holster/case/clip/whatever they call them.
How much research did you do before posting, "It seems printing would be okay in Texas," a little, none?

Printing, carrying a firearm in such a way that it is clearly identifiable to the casual observer, means the firearm is not "concealed". It may be covered, but it is not concealed. That, not carrying concealed, will get you into trouble in Texas.

Carrying in a way that the ordinary observation of a reasonable person would lead them to think, "Wow, he carries a big cellphone," is not "printing".

Old 08-31-2012, 09:32   #236
bruzer

So can I wear my Spandex in Texas or not!!! If I can't then I'm going to have to buy a whole new wardrobe before I visit.
Mike
bruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 13:52   #237
Glock_Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruzer View Post
So can I wear my Spandex in Texas or not!!! If I can't then I'm going to have to buy a whole new wardrobe before I visit.
Mike
Hmmm, that could prompt someone to say "is that a glock in your pants, or are you just glad to see me?" :eek:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Glock_Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 14:27   #238
RussP

Folks, please, let's not continue down this path.

Thanks...

Old 08-31-2012, 14:58   #239
SCmasterblaster

Great posting. Good review of the rules.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:15   #240
Schlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruzer View Post
Mike

Quote:
w much research did you do before posting, "It seems printing would be okay in Texas," a little, none?
I read the law...then I posted it with my claim.

I have "been around" for a while now, in it's always been my understanding that printing is when your gun is poking your clothing out of it's natural place in one way or another. If printing was straight up showing the gun's exact outline then it wouldn't be an issue because NO ONE WHO IS SANE goes out in a spandex suit with a glock underneath. Printing would never be discussed on gun forums if this was the case.

Quote:
Printing, carrying a firearm in such a way that it is clearly identifiable to the casual observer, means the firearm is not "concealed".
I don't think you actually read my posts. To clear this up I used spandex as an example. Carrying under spandex would be clearly identifiable to the casual observer -not okay!
The butt of your gun poking your polo cotton shirt is not clearly identifiable, but it is printing.