SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:13   #1
Hyksos

Usain Bolt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ko7fJFruXak

Check out this 30 second video of Usain Bolt DJ'ing from the 2010 Singapore Games. Watch closely now.
Old 08-16-2012, 21:06   #2
brisk21

Wow thats pretty cool. I never would have guessed.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 15:11   #3
Veedubklown

That he's a free mason? Or the stuff isn't hooked up? What am I supposed to look for?
Old 08-17-2012, 21:07   #4
brisk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedubklown View Post
That he's a free mason? Or the stuff isn't hooked up? What am I supposed to look for?

Yeah it appears he's a freemason. I can't imagine someone wearing a freemason ring and not being a member.
Old 09-05-2012, 18:30   #5
deputy tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk21 View Post
Wow thats pretty cool. I never would have guessed.
Nothing supprizes me.tom.

Quote:
Yeah it appears he's a freemason. I can't imagine someone wearing a freemason ring and not being a member.
I have seen non-masons even anti-masons wear rings,have emblems on their cars,etc. When challenged they had no clue.I really don't understand their motives but they do have them none the less. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 23:23   #6
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Prince Hall likes big names.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:00   #7
brisk21

I have seen non-masons even anti-masons wear rings,have emblems on their cars,etc. When challenged they had no clue.I really don't understand their motives but they do have them none the less. tom.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I wouldn't DARE wear mason emblems, since Im not a member. Why would you mess with a society with that many secrets? Especially one as powerful as the Freemasons.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:44   #8
Rally Vincent
Bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Prince Hall likes big names.
They are all about being animated and loud.
Niners Club Member - #196
1911 Club Member - #001
"All evil comes from the old.They grow fat on ideas and young men die of them."
Rally Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:23   #9
Hyksos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally Vincent View Post
They are all about being animated and loud.
I can attest to that. Ever seen Shaq's ring?

"That's the ring of my profession, you don't know nothin' bout that"

Also Rabbi,

Jamaica also has Mainstream lodges. We have a Brother whose Jamaican and when he first came to the lodge they made sure he knew about Prince Hall lodges (just in case he wanted to join one). He basically said "no thanks . . . my grandfather was mainstream in Jamaica and I want to be mainstream here."

It's very possible Usain is not Prince Hall is all I'm saying. I haven't been able to find anything on google about his lodge or Grand Lodge.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:28   #10
Hyksos

Quote:
Wow. I wouldn't DARE wear mason emblems, since Im not a member. Why would you mess with a society with that many secrets? Especially one as powerful as the Freemasons.
It's not a big deal. I see them sometimes too, but there's nothing you can do. Besides, anyone who isn't a real Mason will be outed within a matter of 30 seconds. It's pretty easy for a Mason to know if someone else is a Mason just by a few questions and the words they use to describe various things.

One time a guy behind me in line at the bagel shop had a Masonic hat on. I turned around and said "nice hat, so mote it be."

He had no idea what I said, and within about 20 seconds of conversing with him, he said "I bought this hat at a yard sale."
Old 09-10-2012, 08:21   #11
brisk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyksos View Post
It's not a big deal. I see them sometimes too, but there's nothing you can do. Besides, anyone who isn't a real Mason will be outed within a matter of 30 seconds. It's pretty easy for a Mason to know if someone else is a Mason just by a few questions and the words they use to describe various things.

One time a guy behind me in line at the bagel shop had a Masonic hat on. I turned around and said "nice hat, so mote it be."

He had no idea what I said, and within about 20 seconds of conversing with him, he said "I bought this hat at a yard sale."

Yeah. Just representing something like that when you aren't part of it is silly.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:36   #12
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyksos View Post
I can attest to that. Ever seen Shaq's ring?

Shaq shows of Freemason ring on NBA TV - YouTube

"That's the ring of my profession, you don't know nothin' bout that"

Also Rabbi,

Jamaica also has Mainstream lodges. We have a Brother whose Jamaican and when he first came to the lodge they made sure he knew about Prince Hall lodges (just in case he wanted to join one). He basically said "no thanks . . . my grandfather was mainstream in Jamaica and I want to be mainstream here."

It's very possible Usain is not Prince Hall is all I'm saying. I haven't been able to find anything on google about his lodge or Grand Lodge.
I understand that he may not be Prince Hall. My comment was more about them raising people on the spot (which is what the intel is on Shaq, who is Prince Hall)

I dont know. I really dont. I only have "what I hear" and I have no way of knowing how true it is. Again, the intel is, they put a lot of effort into getting their brand out with big names.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 14:09   #13
Hyksos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
I understand that he may not be Prince Hall. My comment was more about them raising people on the spot (which is what the intel is on Shaq, who is Prince Hall)

I dont know. I really dont. I only have "what I hear" and I have no way of knowing how true it is. Again, the intel is, they put a lot of effort into getting their brand out with big names.
This is true. Shaq was made a Mason at sight by the Grand Lodge of Massachusetts PHA. I believe this was done because he was retiring and he was going to be leaving Boston to move to Florida. The Mass. Grand Lodge wanted to claim him so they made him one at sight.
Old 09-28-2012, 17:03   #14
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Yeah. Just representing something like that when you aren't part of it is silly.
considering the meaning of freemasonry to many of us, and how we strive to grow, it's more than silly. it's disrespectful. but,that's just me.

i don't claim to be a freemason, i am one, and would like to see many more take those steps. maybe, this world would become a better place.

i wish the man with the hat would maybe talk at length with one of us. maybe he'd realize it's worth putting that hat to good use.

rant over
Old 09-28-2012, 21:34   #15
brisk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
considering the meaning of freemasonry to many of us, and how we strive to grow, it's more than silly. it's disrespectful. but,that's just me.

i don't claim to be a freemason, i am one, and would like to see many more take those steps. maybe, this world would become a better place.

i wish the man with the hat would maybe talk at length with one of us. maybe he'd realize it's worth putting that hat to good use.

rant over

Yeah, I've considered it in the past. I need to do more research about it. It seams that alot of great Americans of our past and present are Freemasons. I don't know alot about it, but it seems like its about being a good person and a good member of the community. How does one educate themselves about it to see if it is for them?
Old 09-29-2012, 06:35   #16
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Yeah, I've considered it in the past. I need to do more research about it. It seams that alot of great Americans of our past and present are Freemasons. I don't know alot about it, but it seems like its about being a good person and a good member of the community. How does one educate themselves about it to see if it is for them?
honestly? talk to one. dead serious.therre are a few books around even a "freemasonry for dummies" that will give you some idea of what it's all about. you probably know a few as it is. i realised just how many i knew being raised.

you'll be shocked about a few things. we don't set the oil prices or pick the world leaders, and, personally, i've never ridden a goat. (a few rumors about us)
Old 09-29-2012, 08:16   #17
brisk21

Quote:
honestly? talk to one. dead serious.therre are a few books around even a "freemasonry for dummies" that will give you some idea of what it's all about. you probably know a few as it is. i realised just how many i knew being raised.

you'll be shocked about a few things. we don't set the oil prices or pick the world leaders, and, personally, i've never ridden a goat. (a few rumors about us)

Yeah I have spoke to a guy at work about it that is one. I guess I was a little cautious about asking questions because I don't like being invasive about ones privacy. Mabye I'll bring it up again.
Old 10-02-2012, 15:56   #18
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Yeah I have spoke to a guy at work about it that is one. I guess I was a little cautious about asking questions because I don't like being invasive about ones privacy. Mabye I'll bring it up again.
i feel like i can speak for him. you aren't being invasive. it is a journey we take to become better men. as it was explained to me, it makes good men better. at first, i wqas taken aback. won't lie. it has helped me to realize a lot about me. as a husband, a father, and a person. i have made some fine friends in all walks of life. yoiu'll see a decal on a lot of cars

2b1 ask1

we'll explain to the best of our abilities. there is nothing demeaning to your, or any religion, nor will you ever be asked to put it above your family. our lodge recently had a dinner where we all brought our wives (or s.o.....the lone bachelor of our lodge), i think my wife enjoyed it more than i did. here in pa, there is even a masonic motorcycle group (NOW, we're talking)

looking back, i wish i had asked my father, or brother in law's father more about it before they passed (my dad was a mater mason, b.i.l.'s was a past master), and i wished i had taken my first step in this journey much earlier.

ask your co-worker. i get the feeling he'll be happy to tell you what you need to know.
Old 10-02-2012, 23:32   #19
brisk21

Quote:
i feel like i can speak for him. you aren't being invasive. it is a journey we take to become better men. as it was explained to me, it makes good men better. at first, i wqas taken aback. won't lie. it has helped me to realize a lot about me. as a husband, a father, and a person. i have made some fine friends in all walks of life. yoiu'll see a decal on a lot of cars

2b1 ask1

we'll explain to the best of our abilities. there is nothing demeaning to your, or any religion, nor will you ever be asked to put it above your family. our lodge recently had a dinner where we all brought our wives (or s.o.....the lone bachelor of our lodge), i think my wife enjoyed it more than i did. here in pa, there is even a masonic motorcycle group (NOW, we're talking)

looking back, i wish i had asked my father, or brother in law's father more about it before they passed (my dad was a mater mason, b.i.l.'s was a past master), and i wished i had taken my first step in this journey much earlier.

ask your co-worker. i get the feeling he'll be happy to tell you what you need to know.

Thanks for that. Maybe I will.