Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-10-2012, 19:17   #1
SevenSlugs

What is up with...my generation?

OK......I don't mean to go on a rant or anything (*is about to go on rant*)............but I have the biggest why question ever?

I'm 21...and why is it that 95% of people I talk to within my age range (18-25) have ZERO interest in guns....not only that, but most of them actually wouldn't mind having MORE gun laws or banning guns....

In all seriousness, the government's "gun control" brainwashing must be working REALLY well on my generation.......and i live in the SOUTH to...good ol Durham, NC....

I really have a hard time finding people my age who are enthusiastic about going to the range and firearms in general.......a lot of people I interact with in my age group who see that I OC think I'm some strange alien from another planet...they look at me with the most shocked expression on their face and after asking a few questions about why I carry they usually reply with, "You really think something could just going to happen ANYWHERE?" "You know you could just call 911" and many other stupid responses that I'm sure the government would be proud to here......it seems a large number of my generation has successfully been brainwashed by the government into becoming reliant on them for protection and security...it's like they REALLY think there is this armed government supersoldier that just pops up out of nowhere when you dial 911 and that people who carry guns are crazy.

I have little faith in my generation as far as gun rights go..as each day passes I realize that the people who actually fight for my (and many others) gun rights are people in the 30+ age range......

What can be done about this? I feel like I am a lone 21 year old gun activist.....do of you guys on GT who are in my age range notice this as well about our age group? IT'S SAD...

Last edited by SevenSlugs; 09-10-2012 at 19:18..
SevenSlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 19:42   #2
IhRedrider
Not a walker

Not making a judgement on you, but maybe you need to change who you hang out with. I know that there are liberty loving, strong kids out there. Just find them, you will enjoy life better when you spend time with people you hold common beliefs with. Good luck.
IhRedrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 00:50   #3
SevenSlugs

I truly do try to believe that sometimes... but I even go out of my way to try and find different crowds of people AND I'm in college, which has a vast amount of different people from different backgrounds....and I'm not joking at all...there are VERY FEW people my age who are interested in firearms....it's a trend...........they are concerned with things like legalizing marijuana and gay marriage rights.............and an array of other subjects that I don't give 2 ****s about.......the future of gun rights doesn't look good if my generation are the ones that will grow up and take office in political positions and as leaders of the country...

I hope there is a city somewhere where people my age think it is normal to go to the gun range frequently and own lots of guns......because durham/raleigh/chapel hill kids are brainwashed......instead I am viewed as the crazy one for continuing to purchase more guns, stockpile ammo, and open carry daily......almost all of those I know that share an enthusiasm for guns with me are 25+ in age.....

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by SevenSlugs; 09-11-2012 at 01:00..
Old 09-11-2012, 08:38   #4
Jerry

Go to the local gun range(s). Asks if they have any competition shooting and go shoot. Should be 1 or 2 youngins there. Other than that, welcome to the younger generation. Wasn't much different when I was a young man. I shot with the "old guys". My generation was interested in war-protests and smoking "Weed". I didn't know one kid that shot or hunted. As I aged I met many that did both. It's probably harder now since guns (according to the media and liberal professors) have become the "EVIL" that steals mens' souls. Good luck and don't give-up.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 09-11-2012 at 08:41..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:01   #5
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhRedrider View Post
Not making a judgement on you, but maybe you need to change who you hang out with. I know that there are liberty loving, strong kids out there. Just find them, you will enjoy life better when you spend time with people you hold common beliefs with. Good luck.

This.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:58   #6
SevenSlugs

Who else on this forum is even under 25??

Old 09-11-2012, 11:01   #7
SevenSlugs

Please tell me there are more 21 year olds on this forum besides me........

Old 09-11-2012, 11:24   #8
ponders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSlugs View Post
Who else on this forum is even under 25??

im right at 25... does that count? lol i wish i had more buddies to shoot with as well. you are not alone my friend
ponders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 19:31   #9
SevenSlugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponders View Post
im right at 25... does that count? lol i wish i had more buddies to shoot with as well. you are not alone my friend
Glad to hear I'm not alone....but yea its really sad.......

Old 09-11-2012, 19:37   #10
MedicOni

Quote:

I'm 24, will turn 25 in November... As for friends. A lot of us here in NM are for gun rights... Although most of us are also for other causes that you stated you don't care about. It's a give and take here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NR-P, NM EMT-P, TX, EMT-P, FP-C
MedicOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 19:47   #11
Slackinoff

Quote:

23 here...All of my college buddies are gun enthusiasts....try to find some hunting clubs or maybe even a fraternal organization. We are out here...you just have to find us.

Last edited by Slackinoff; 09-11-2012 at 19:50..
Slackinoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 20:00   #12
SevenSlugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicOni View Post
I'm 24, will turn 25 in November... As for friends. A lot of us here in NM are for gun rights... Although most of us are also for other causes that you stated you don't care about. It's a give and take here.
I know plenty of people in NC for gun rights...I am specifically talking within my general age range......good to hear that from you though!

Old 09-12-2012, 08:01   #13
stollersteve

[QUOTE=SevenSlugs;19409611]I know plenty of people in NC for gun rights...I am specifically talking within my general age range......good to hear that from you though!

I agree with you that far too many people have been brainwashed into thinking that our government will take care of them. They need to realize that "When seconds count, the Police are only minutes away". The truth is that our current administration wants to take away our means of self protection.
stollersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:45   #14
jph02

Like previously stated, look for sportsmen's clubs and local competitions. Shameless plug: join the National Guard or Reserves. While not all are gun rights advocates, per se, there's a higher percentage than in the general population and you're in the highly recruitable demographic. On top of that, each state's National Guard has marksmanship teams and competitions above and beyond the normal duty assignment.
jph02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:02   #15
SevenSlugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jph02 View Post
Like previously stated, look for sportsmen's clubs and local competitions. Shameless plug: join the National Guard or Reserves. While not all are gun rights advocates, per se, there's a higher percentage than in the general population and you're in the highly recruitable demographic. On top of that, each state's National Guard has marksmanship teams and competitions above and beyond the normal duty assignment.
Do you know anyone in the Guard?
Old 09-13-2012, 05:34   #16
jph02

Quote:
Do you know anyone in the Guard?
In Michigan, yeah, but not so much in NC. I'm in the Guard; that's how I know you might find some kindred spirits.

If you think you might be interested, talk to a recruiter to see what the requirements are and what options are available in your area. You can call 1-800-GO-GUARD or visit the NC Guard website. You can PM me if you've got questions; I'll give you the best answers I can.
jph02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:34   #17
Brucev

Re: young people and guns. The majority of young people have no interest in guns because they are interested in other things. It's that simple. They are interested in computers. They are interested in getting an education/job. They are interested in cars. They are interested in lots of things, but guns are not a big draw. Why? For one thing the cost of buying quality firearms and the lack of available places to shoot them is a very big factor. Another thing is that relative to the general population so few people grow up being exposed to a positive experience of firearms. As well the large number of folks who served in military service in WWII and Korea have dwindled. Those of the Vietnam era were not a numerous. Those of Gulf I & II are even fewer. There are few popular T.V. shows currently shown where the use of firearms is presented in anything except a negative light. Few if anyone buys season tickets to firearms matches compared to the millions of folks who routinely pay big money to attend various football/baseball type games. There are other reasons. But these are probably the major reasons why so few young people show so little interestin firearms.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:55   #18
ron8903

Just hang out with wiser, older people.
ron8903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:01   #19
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Do you watch TV? Have you read Marshall McLuhan's seminal book called 'Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man?' Do you know what 'Neurolinguistic Programming' is?
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:03   #20
SevenSlugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucev View Post
Re: young people and guns. The majority of young people have no interest in guns because they are interested in other things. It's that simple. They are interested in computers. They are interested in getting an education/job. They are interested in cars. They are interested in lots of things, but guns are not a big draw. Why? For one thing the cost of buying quality firearms and the lack of available places to shoot them is a very big factor. Another thing is that relative to the general population so few people grow up being exposed to a positive experience of firearms. As well the large number of folks who served in military service in WWII and Korea have dwindled. Those of the Vietnam era were not a numerous. Those of Gulf I & II are even fewer. There are few popular T.V. shows currently shown where the use of firearms is presented in anything except a negative light. Few if anyone buys season tickets to firearms matches compared to the millions of folks who routinely pay big money to attend various football/baseball type games. There are other reasons. But these are probably the major reasons why so few young people show so little interestin firearms.
Uhh.....I'm interested in many of the things you listed....uncluding gettin an education, computers etc.....that does not bar my interest in guns in the least....I don't think that's a good answer as to why people my age lack an interest in guns....it is because the government has them brainwashed...