Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:04   #26
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircarver View Post
You have about hit zero on the credibility scale.

Yes, I'm thinking he should change his screen name (again?) and start fresh if he wants to be taken seriously around here.
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Goaltender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:15   #27
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Look scooter, I know you are trying to get under my skin. Which is why it's not working. I've been to these places, I've been friends with these guys, and enemies. Situational awareness was key to my survival. I had the ability to read raw intel reports straight from the front line troops in a forum not a whole lot different than this, except they were more polite.
I don't want to get under your skin. I want you to expand your worldview.

Not sure how a field doctor had access to Top Secret briefings, CIA memos, State Dept cables and other pertinent intelligence. Are you claiming to be something more than just another grunt?

Quote:
But no, I don't visit blogs written by twenty somethings that have never traveled, trying to see their monitor through a pot smoke haze. If reading crazy drug fueled conspiracy theories is your idea of educating yourself, you should really get a passport.
So you admit to getting all your current news from the corporate controlled MSM and echo chamber forums like this, full of equally uninformed posters that get their info from the same sources you get yours from. That's a grand exchange of information if Ive ever seen it. Considering how hostile you are to other opinions and information (like mine), I'm pretty sure you don't venture outside of your personal bubble.

Quote:
I'll believe your CIA link to this attack when you produce some credible information. Your wild speculation doesn't do it for me. And yes, I do understand what the CIA does. I could tell you how, but it would sound like bragging.
Here's the first result of a Yahoo search on the CIA in Libya. Try it sometime.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/31/wo...a/31intel.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by march 2011
The Central Intelligence Agency has inserted clandestine operatives into Libya to gather intelligence for military airstrikes and to contact and vet the beleaguered rebels battling Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi’s forces, according to American officials.

While President Obama has insisted that no American military ground troops participate in the Libyan campaign, small groups of C.I.A. operatives have been working in Libya for several weeks as part of a shadow force of Westerners that the Obama administration hopes can help bleed Colonel Qaddafi’s military, the officials said.
So I ask again, what exactly do you think the CIA does around the world??? If you do know then you know exactly what Im talking about here and you're attempting to deflect away from the truth regarding how much meddling, covert black ops, and the like that they undertake.
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:56   #28
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post

Not sure how a field doctor had access to Top Secret briefings, CIA memos, State Dept cables and other pertinent intelligence. Are you claiming to be something more than just another grunt?

So you admit to getting all your current news from the corporate controlled MSM and echo chamber forums like this, full of equally uninformed posters that get their info from the same sources you get yours from. That's a grand exchange of information if Ive ever seen it. Considering how hostile you are to other opinions and information (like mine), I'm pretty sure you don't venture outside of your personal bubble.

So I ask again, what exactly do you think the CIA does around the world??? If you do know then you know exactly what Im talking about here and you're attempting to deflect away from the truth regarding how much meddling, covert black ops, and the like that they undertake.
Yer funny, and naive.

Physician Assistant, not doctor. We serve as special staff officers to maneuver unit commanders. I spent 10 years in combat arms battalions, brigades and a division. The fact that you don't understand that brings into question your own level of knowledge.

It will help me to learn how broad your world view is first. How many countries have you spent more than 6 months in?

And no, visiting via the Internet doesn't count.

ETA: it's odd that you are ignoring Barry and Hillary's potential catastrophic failure in their duty here. Looks to me that you are desperate to make your sigline come true.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 09-14-2012 at 07:04..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:56   #29
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR

Quote:

I'm confused. I thought they attacked because we are such imperialists. Now it's an inside job?

Make up your minds.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:41   #30
callihan_44
INFIDEL

yes, we had credible info ...i have no doubt
callihan_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:41   #31
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNman View Post
I'm confused. I thought they attacked because we are such imperialists. Now it's an inside job?

Make up your minds.
Good that someone brought this up and I'm going to attempt to explain a very complicated topic as best I can.

The CIA's job is to facilitate people into acting a certain way. Your average Libyan is not happy about what has gone on in their country and is very aware of US/NATO/CIA involvement but that doesn't mean that any Libyan will attack an embassy spontaneously. The CIA finds influential and vocal individuals to "turn" (commonly called "assets"), usually in exchange for power and money, and provides the asset with the resources to recruit and radicalize others to do whatever the CIA directs. The asset is the proxy.

I'm not suggesting that the CIA knows every person involved in the embassy demonstrations and attacks. That's silly. If the Libyan CIA asset is given the means (money, weapons, food, propaganda) to radicalize other Libyans then the asset can get those average Libyans to do things. Remember, we're talking about countries that are in ruin and full of pissed off people that are aware who is involved in that ruin. There are over a billion muslims in the world and there are a very tiny percentage that will act badly if goaded into it or given an incentive to do it.

Think of it this way. If the US were a third world country and the Chinese bombed Atlanta, there would be a lot of American anger at China but not many resources to react against China. Send in some Chinese CIA and give certain vocal Atlantans money, food, and weapons and a direction to funnel that anger into an attack on the Chinese embassy in Atlanta, which justifies more Chinese aggression against the US since those "savage Americans" killed a Chinese diplomat. See the hypothetical parallels? This is what the CIA does in other countries. You all blame the muslims instead of blaming what caused the anger (blowback from blowing up their country) and the CIA providing them the means and training to carry out an embassy attack. This keeps everyone angry at each other while the gov't and banks run off with all the money and oil.

It's such a complex topic that Ive studied for years that it's almost impossible to put into words exactly how this works.
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda

Last edited by G19G20; 09-14-2012 at 07:44..
Old 09-14-2012, 07:44   #32
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

If you can't put it into words, it's a pretty good indication just how little you really understand what you are talking about.

I'm starting to see just how limited your world view is, you seem to only believe in a single all controlling entity that is involved in everything. There are actually many competing entities.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 09-14-2012 at 07:49..
Old 09-14-2012, 08:03   #33
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
If you can't put it into words, it's a pretty good indication just how little you really understand what you are talking about.
I think I did a pretty good job above for a broad overview. It's not something one can boil down into 10 second debate talking points. I'm sure you know that.

Quote:
I'm starting to see just how limited your world view is, you seem to only believe in a single all controlling entity that is involved in everything. There are actually many competing entities.
Not really. Everyone in positions of power are generally after the same things. Money and more power.

a bit offtopic:

If you're at all interested in honest discussion then one thing you have to understand is that most humans think differently. Are you familiar with the Myers-Briggs personality types? If you haven't, take this online MBTI test. You'll be amazed at what you learn about your own brain functions and how you interact with others.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I have taken the test and my personality type is INTJ. This Wiki entry will tell you how I think about topics such as foreign policy. For the record, Ron Paul is also an INTJ as are many Paulites and many politicians (though some are E instead of I). This is the biggest reason I understand most of this stuff. I think just like most politicians and high level executives do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTJ

You and I are different personality types and it's why we rarely see eye to eye on topics. It's a fascinating topic overall. Post your MBTI type if you take the test!

Last edited by G19G20; 09-14-2012 at 08:10..
Old 09-14-2012, 08:07   #34
czsmithGT

Quote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/revealed-inside-story-of-us-envoys-assassination-8135797.html

If this proves to be true, it may be the beginning of the end for Barry, maybe even Hillary.
Fast & Furious wasn't the end. Bribing Solyndra campaign donors with taxpayer money didn't do it. Bragging about shutting down and bankrupting the coal powered electric power industry didn't do it. Openly saying gasoline in the US was way too cheap and then standing by while prices have doubled didn't do it. Six trillion dollars in new debt going mainly to welfare and corruption in less than 4 years didn't do it. Why would a dead ambassador make any difference?
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:10   #35
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
I think I did a pretty good job above for a broad overview. It's not something one can boil down into 10 second debate talking points. I'm sure you know that.

Not really. Everyone in positions of power are generally after the same things. Money and more power.

a bit offtopic:

If you're at all interested in honest discussion then one thing you have to understand is that most humans think differently. Are you familiar with the Myers-Briggs personality types? If you haven't, take this online MBTI test. You'll be amazed at what you learn about your own brain functions and how you interact with others.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I have taken the test and my personality type is INTJ. This Wiki entry will tell you how I think about topics such as foreign policy. For the record, Ron Paul is also an INTJ as are many Paulites and many politicians (though some of E instead of I).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTJ

You and I are different personality types and it's why we rarely see eye to eye on topics. It's a fascinating topic overall. Post your MBTI type if you take the test!
Maybe we could get back to your claim that you have such a broad world view, even broader than mine.

Please tell all of us your level of experience in the world. I'm sure it's fascinating.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:14   #36
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post
Fast & Furious wasn't the end. Bribing Solyndra campaign donors with taxpayer money didn't do it. Bragging about shutting down and bankrupting the coal powered electric power industry didn't do it. Openly saying gasoline in the US was way too cheap and then standing by while prices have doubled didn't do it. Six trillion dollars in new debt going mainly to welfare and corruption in less than 4 years didn't do it. Why would a dead ambassador make any difference?
If you'll wait a couple of months, I'll be able to tell you how it was, or how it wasn't. There is only potential right now.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:26   #37
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Maybe we could get back to your claim that you have such a broad world view, even broader than mine.

Please tell all of us your level of experience in the world. I'm sure it's fascinating.
I don't even know what this means. "Level of experience in the world"? Been here on the planet a good while and have learned a lot through many sources over that period, which my brain type is able to process into complex understandings of things like how the CIA works. Im able to soak up tons of information, recognize patterns, and therefore formulate opinions and theories based on it.

"Does it work?" "It" being our foreign policy and overall current state of this nation. My answer is NO. Why not try some different things instead of doing the same things over and over and expecting different results?
Old 09-14-2012, 08:32   #38
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
I don't even know what this means. "Level of experience in the world"? Been here on the planet a good while and have learned a lot through many sources over that period, which my brain type is able to process into complex understandings of things like how the CIA works. Im able to soak up tons of information, recognize patterns, and therefore formulate opinions and theories based on it.

"Does it work?" "It" being our foreign policy and overall current state of this nation. My answer is NO. Why not try some different things instead of doing the same things over and over and expecting different results?
So other than surfing the net, how have you arrived at your world view? Have you spent any time at all in other countries? Which ones and how much time? Have you done anything professionally or as a student that helped you gain insight? What jobs/classes/degrees?

Just to give us a general snapshot of where you are coming from. I've not hidden my general background.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 09-14-2012 at 08:33..
Old 09-14-2012, 08:36   #39
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
Been here on the planet a good while and have learned a lot through many sources over that period, which my brain type is able to process into complex understandings of things like how the CIA works. Im able to soak up tons of information, recognize patterns, and therefore formulate opinions and theories based on it.
It's confirmed.

You are officially unOnionable.
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:38   #40
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

Not much in the original article in terms of specifics about a warning. Nothing to say our administration was at fault.

Even from my distance, I'd say obviously on 9/11 you want to be on medium/high alert whether or not you have additional information. We'll need to remember some lessons from Beirut. (google Beirut and Marines if you don't know what I'm talking about).

My guess is that this incident will further increase security at our embassies worldwide for decades to come.

RIP Ambassador Stevens. From what I hear, you were a great man. RIP to the other embassy official and to the two marines killed. Let us not forget their service to our country.
Louisville Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:57   #41
robertoh

Any MSM news room: There's a good chance the Obama Administration knew 48 hours in advance about the Embassy attacks.
But more about Romney first.
robertoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:57   #42
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
So other than surfing the net, how have you arrived at your world view? Have you spent any time at all in other countries? Which ones and how much time? Have you done anything professionally or as a student that helped you gain insight? What jobs/classes/degrees?
Yes I do spend A LOT of time on the net reading information from many sources, even sources I don't agree with (like this forum, generally), in order to objectively form opinions and complex theories based on the large amounts of information I soak up. I don't have the inclination to give you further personal information about myself since I get the feeling you're trying to come to some sort of conclusion about who I am. Never been asked by anyone for so much personal information on a website except you. I do recall how you essentially tried to frame me as some sort of terrorist in a previous thread. Remember, I do know how intelligence agencies function You'll have to just debate my statements at face value. You're really starting to creep me out with your personal information requests.

Last edited by G19G20; 09-14-2012 at 08:59..
Old 09-14-2012, 09:17   #43
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR

Quote:

Winnie... Life is not a Tom Clancy novel. Nor a Dean Koontz one, for that matter.

No offense, but if you actually believe all of what you just posted, I think we've all figured out what "brain type" you are.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:19   #44
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Yes I do spend A LOT of time on the net reading information from many sources, even sources I don't agree with (like this forum, generally), in order to objectively form opinions and complex theories based on the large amounts of information I soak up. I don't have the inclination to give you further personal information about myself since I get the feeling you're trying to come to some sort of conclusion about who I am. Never been asked by anyone for so much personal information on a website except you. I do recall how you essentially tried to frame me as some sort of terrorist in a previous thread. Remember, I do know how intelligence agencies function You'll have to just debate my statements at face value. You're really starting to creep me out with your personal information requests.
OMG, will you give that ultra-paranoid delusion a rest? Go to my profile - I volunteer plenty of information about myself. Asking what state you live in, or your education level, or your approximate age is hardly stalking.

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:29   #45
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Winnie... Life is not a Tom Clancy novel. Nor a Dean Koontz one, for that matter.
Actually it is a Clancy novel. He has gov't employees vet his novels for technical accuracy. The exact plots may be fictional but the technical accuracy is not fictional.

Maybe you should have looked that up before you spoke about it:
http://www.aeispeakers.com/speakerbio.php?SpeakerID=213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy bio
Admirals and generals give him access, Pentagon officials debrief him, and many of his books are required reading at our nation's military colleges.

It is this access to a wide variety of sources and information within military and intelligence circles that sets Clancy apart. Although he scoffs at the idea that he has ever breached government security in his books, Tom Clancy does admit that he has been able to tap into what he calls "The Great Chain" a network of intelligence officers and operatives, military men, defense contractors, and government employees who feed him information.
Quote:
No offense, but if you actually believe all of what you just posted, I think we've all figured out what "brain type" you are.
Im not particularly concerned since you can't even figure out Tom Clancy's bio without assistance. Your opinion is irrelevant.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:42   #46
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Actually it is a Clancy novel. He has gov't employees vet his novels for technical accuracy. The exact plots may be fictional but the technical accuracy is not fictional.

Maybe you should have looked that up before you spoke about it:
http://www.aeispeakers.com/speakerbio.php?SpeakerID=213

Im not particularly concerned since you can't even figure out Tom Clancy's bio without assistance. Your opinion is irrelevant.
Whatever you say... I only offer my observations.

"Technically correct with fictional plots"... Yeah, you're right... I must be the one confused...

Too bad about how those Russian ex-patriates took over Air Force One after the POTUS said we won't stand by and allow genocide anywhere in the world again... After all, that's "technically correct", right?

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:56   #47
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Whatever you say... I only offer my observations.

"Technically correct with fictional plots"... Yeah, you're right... I must be the one confused...

Too bad about how those Russian ex-patriates took over Air Force One after the POTUS said we won't stand by and allow genocide anywhere in the world again... After all, that's "technically correct", right?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/technically?s=t

2. peculiar to or characteristic of a particular art, science, profession, trade, etc.: technical details.

3. using terminology or treating subject matter in a manner peculiar to a particular field, as a writer or a book: a technical report.

Maybe you misread what I meant by "technically accurate" but Clancy researches heavily to ensure his novels do not contain inaccurate technical information. Obviously, no Russians have hijacked Air Force One but you better believe Clancy knew how that plane is laid out, proper protocol for such an event, etc before he published it.

Last edited by G19G20; 09-14-2012 at 09:58..
Old 09-14-2012, 10:01   #48
countrygun

QnMan. Golatender, Cav doc.

Here we have a look at how the paulbot mentality verges on a constant state of "conspiracy alert". Despite the fact that they claim to be all about "freedom" inside them lurks a little control demon. While they talk "freedom" they actually belive that everyting in the world happens because of plots, plans, conspiracies, etc. They cannot grasp "Occam's Razor".

The fact that more events in history have been shaped by luck, chance, stupidity, bad decisions, groups of fanatics and sole fanatics, is completely out of their reality. It all simply must be a conspiracy, a plot or someones plan.

What is scary, is that people who think this way are trying to take power in this Country. Do you really want to give power to folks whose whole paradigm is conspiracy?

They are sure these things control events, so how are they most likely to control events?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:04   #49
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...pe=marketsNews

Quote:
Sudanese demonstrators broke into the German embassy in Khartoum on Friday, raising an Islamic flag and setting the building on fire in a protest against a film that demeaned the Prophet Mohammad, witnesses said.

Police had earlier fired tear gas to try to disperse some 5,000 protesters who had ringed the German embassy and nearby British mission. But a Reuters witness said policemen just stood by when the crowd forced its way into Germany’s mission.

Demonstrators hoisted a black Islamic flag saying in white letters “there is no God but God and Mohammed is his prophet”. They smashed windows, cameras and furniture in the building and then started a fire, witnesses said.
Damn those Germans and their interventionist policies in Khartoum.

And the Brits too...friggin interventionists!

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/38...ge-protest.htm
Quote:
Protesters against the US-made anti-Islam movie Innocence of Muslims have widened their target to include the UK as well as the US with demonstrators storming the British embassy in Sudan’s capital of Khartoum.
Quote:
With protests escalating across the Middle East and North Africa, one demonstrator was killed and 25 injured in Tripoli, Lebanon, and 5,000 demonstrators converged on the diplomatic compound in Khartoum.

“We can confirm that a demonstration is taking place in front of the embassy and that local police are at the scene,” a Foreign Office spokesman said of the situation in Sudan.
And now the US embassy in Tunis:

http://news.sky.com/story/985121/tun...ack-us-embassy

Quote:
Protesters have entered the US embassy in the Tunisia capital Tunis in the latest violence sparked by an anti-Muslim film.

A large fire could be seen burning inside the compound. Police fired teargas at the crowds, who broke windows and set fire to trees.
And now Sudan:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/globa...bassies/56859/

Quote:
Update (10:55 a.m. EDT): Gunfire has broken out at the U.S. embassies in both Tunisia and Sudan as protesters attacked. Reuters reports five protesters were injured in Tunisia.
So when was it that we bombed the Sudan again....?

Last edited by Goaltender66; 09-14-2012 at 10:05..
Old 09-14-2012, 10:24   #50
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:

How many times have you gone feet wet ?.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote