GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-19-2012, 21:52   #941
rose725751

Finally accepted the fact that my body is not as it was, I am not 39 any more. My body is braking down.Three rotater cuff sergeries. and two torn rotator cuffs, now. Ruptured/torn meniscus disk, siatictica, COPD, arthritis. Just getting old!! I am in my mid fifties. The news, I live next to Ciudad Juárez Mexico.
rose725751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 19:26   #942
tnpatriot

My grandaddy carried, my daddy carried now I do. cause we are Americans. A freeman is always armed. A slave is not.
tnpatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 16:11   #943
wildmanjeff

I got mine after watching NUTNFANCY videos on youtube. This guy some love, some hate him but he is very informative.

After watching a video he described about evil, a bunch of robbers in a bank made people drink acid and if they refused, they used a drill through the ear and killed a few people. he went all on about this story, and then commented this did not just happen, it was back in 1970s-- evil is not new to us, we just get multiple heavy doses of it daily in this information age. Though evil is not new, I think the threat of becoming a victim of a violent crime is higher. If you look at violent crime statistics, it goes way up and down--but there IS a lot of crime out there that goes un-reported and uncaught. Today we have crackheads, meth heads, drug addicts, hungry, unemployed, and just the plain old I don't want to work so I'll take what I want individuals. Ethics and morality are at an all time low in my opinion.

Also as one of the people that is sick to hear about instances like Aurora, CO (and I already had my license when this happened) I will not be a duck in a shooting gallery with no protection! yes, they may kill me on the first shot, I may get taken by surprise walking to my car with groceries, but at least I have the option of protecting myself.
wildmanjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 23:34   #944
bobtheelf

I moved to Tennessee.
bobtheelf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:07   #945
Wasatch
was "Patronus"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmanjeff View Post
I got mine after watching NUTNFANCY videos on youtube. This guy some love, some hate him but he is very informative.

After watching a video he described about evil, a bunch of robbers in a bank made people drink acid and if they refused, they used a drill through the ear and killed a few people. he went all on about this story, and then commented this did not just happen, it was back in 1970s-- evil is not new to us, we just get multiple heavy doses of it daily in this information age. Though evil is not new, I think the threat of becoming a victim of a violent crime is higher. If you look at violent crime statistics, it goes way up and down--but there IS a lot of crime out there that goes un-reported and uncaught. Today we have crackheads, meth heads, drug addicts, hungry, unemployed, and just the plain old I don't want to work so I'll take what I want individuals. Ethics and morality are at an all time low in my opinion.

Also as one of the people that is sick to hear about instances like Aurora, CO (and I already had my license when this happened) I will not be a duck in a shooting gallery with no protection! yes, they may kill me on the first shot, I may get taken by surprise walking to my car with groceries, but at least I have the option of protecting myself.
The robbers-in-the-bank story sounds a lot like the Hi-Fi Murders that happened April 22,1974, in Ogden, Utah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Fi_murders

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Wasatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:19   #946
wildmanjeff

yes it was, I heard about it and looked it up after the posting --
thank you
Old 09-29-2012, 08:28   #947
wildmanjeff

there was some other innaccuracy in my rememberances of the details from the video I watched as well- I apologize, my whole point is that even though we did not know it truly evil people have always been around, we just have a better information transfer than before.

Last edited by wildmanjeff; 09-29-2012 at 08:28..
Old 10-11-2012, 15:17   #948
Mr. Niceguy

I was at a new year's eve party several years ago (outside) and at the stroke of midnight a bunch of other people started firing their guns into the air in celebration. I felt like the odd man out, and vowed to never again be in a situation where I didn't have the ability to punctuate a joyous occasion with a little gunfire.
Mr. Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:15   #949
crazycooter91
Roll Tide

The biggest reason that I chose to CCW is because my previous neighbors were drug dealers and counterfeiters, and they didn't hide the fact that they were. I was always afraid of there being a drug deal go bad next door to my house (less than 50yds from my home). Fortunately, one is in jail and the other moved away. The other reason is most of my friends ccw and may state is a very lenient may-issue state.
crazycooter91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 13:30   #950
westy39

I carried on duty for 22 years, I also carried when I was off duty, you never know when you will run across your favorite felon. I was standing in line to go to a movie with my wife, I had turned to talk to her and heard a familiar voice behind me.... It was some fine citizen I had arrested for Domestic Abuse two nights before. It was not what one would call an easy arrest but not quite a donnybrook. He went to jail I went home after my shift and now he was right behind me with the woman he beat. I was carrying but I just told my wife we needed to leave, she understood. I will continue to carry cause you can't always walk away and the protection of you and yours is the most important principle in life or so I believe. Just my thoughts from the Big Sky Country...
westy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 18:27   #951
FourthPointOfContact

The defining moment that led me to CCW this morning was that it was 54-degrees. Around noon I had another defining moment and went to OC.
FourthPointOfContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 18:59   #952
Bigpoppie50

Culmination of all of the crazy and absurd things happening in the surrounding communities. All you have to do is watch the local evening news. Sometimes it does not always happen to someone else.
Bigpoppie50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 13:20   #953
LEOson

So this is really just an update to my earlier post...but I sent off the paperwork for my ccw yesterday. By law the state has a max of 45 days to issue it. Go me!
LEOson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 23:16   #954
Brutus Fullman

When my state finally passed our Concealed Carry law, it was filled with restrictions that would prohibit carrying in almost every location in which I was likely to find myself. Also, my place of employment declared itself to be a gun-free zone so I just didn't bother. Then, in December of 2007, eight people were murdered in a "gun-free zone" at the Westroads Mall Massacre - within walking distance of my house. I took the next qualification class I could find and had my permit by Spring (that reminds me: it's almost time to re-new). I now carry almost everywhere. Concealed means concealed.
Laws enacted to punish evil firmly are characteristic of a government which values the lives and rights of its citizens. Laws purporting to prevent evil by prohibiting inherently harmless behavior are meant to limit rights and control lives.
Brutus Fullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 14:05   #955
Zelesnik G17

Today, after reading story after story. I picked up a Glock 17 a few weeks ago mainly to use for targets. I am not ready to carry yet, but after some training time, and many more range sessions, I plan on doing just that. I thought I would look/feel stupid carrying a gun. But, I can get get over all that, just knowing people exist that want to harm me, my family, or my neighbors. I do know I'm not ready yet, legally or mentally.
Zelesnik G17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 23:07   #956
JohnnyTactical305

I first got interested in firearms at a young age when my dad took me shooting in the Everglades, but never really got into them. The Travon Martin shooting, the reactions to it, plus seeing society going down the drain made me start getting into firearms and CCW.

Last edited by JohnnyTactical305; 01-10-2013 at 23:10..
JohnnyTactical305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 17:43   #957
SpitFyRRe
Bang Bang

I had always been into firearms and kept putting off my CCW class. Almost getting carjacked was the defining moment for me to get my *** in gear to get my permit. The next month was the soonest I could get in. I've had it for about 2.5 years now.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:13   #958
Hooch0903

I was never around guns as a kid much. In 96 I joined the military and found it was something I was good at, and I enjoyed it.
I joined a long distance club while I was stationed in MO and spent 5 years there collecting various guns. I was then transfered to MT and the mission changed drastically. I no longer had the time to shoot my guns. Also, being an armorer I had no desire. When the deployments started in late 2001 I sold all of my guns.

After leaving the military in late 2003 and returning to central IN, a homeless man attempted to mug me while running a service call at 3am in a bad neighborhood in Richmond, IN. I was lucky that night...I purchased a ccw 9mm two days later and I've carried ever since. I've had the misfortune of working in some very bad neighborhoods up and down the eastern seaboard since then, and carrying has saved my ass on more than one occasion. I've carried nearly every day since my purchase in 03, and never leave home without at least one firearm.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Hooch0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 19:28   #959
Reaver2218

Send a message via Skype™ to Reaver2218
The main reason I chose to purchase a firearm and to put myself through gun safety classes as well as CCW class was I lived in a bad neighborhood and wanted a way to protect myself and my family after I woke up in the middle of the night walking to the bathroom I witnesses an intruder starring at me in the hallway I guess he didnt expect anyone to wake up and fled out the backdoor.
Reaver2218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 00:00   #960
txglocker23

Send a message via Yahoo to txglocker23
I got mine to defend my family and myself