Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2012, 01:55   #1
BonnieB
(Thinking....)

What we're doing for FUN !

Savannah and I went shooting today at The Gun Range in Sacramento and had more fun! I tried out some CCW handguns, a Ruger .38 revolver and a Glock .45 cal sub-compact. AND tried out a Glock 9mm. And she tried them all out too.

So, a new standup comedy routine "two women go to the gun range and spend the whole time shopping..." We looked at all the CCW sized guns and a few shotguns as well.

I liked the Ruger very well, small, light, nice to handle. Because it's so light, the .38 ammo has a lot of punch. I liked the Glock .45 subcompact too, the thing punches BIG holes. And very very accurate for me. After 50 rounds of .45, my little soft hands were TIRED. The Glock 27 (.40 cal subcompact) is also very accurate for me. The Ruger has the smallest footprint and weight, but I'm kind of a SA girl. So, decisions decisions and my Christmas list grows...

Aren't you all jealous of us two retired ladies wandering off to shoot on a Wednesday afternoon? A bunch of young tactical guys wandered in while I was negotiating rentals, and were drooling over my Scorpion range bag and looked right past my Glock, which was sitting right on the counter. Go figure...

Any other ladies in Sacramento want to join us the next time? Maybe the Lincoln Shooting Center? Not sure, open to suggestions.