Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 08:40   #121
Schabesbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
You're problem is definitions. When I say we aren't saved by works, I'm using the Christian definition of saved, not the Biblical one. We can't do anything to earn what He did for us on that tree. ie the Christian definition of saved. What we can do is obey Him, till we die. The Biblical definition of saved.
I agree with most of what you've written here.
We can't do anything to earn our salvation. God doesn't owe us a thing. All our good works are done through Him.

Quote:
I'm not contradicting you.
Not here you're not.

But you didn't address the points I made, where you ARE contradicting scripture.

Quote:
Really? Let's see...

Gen 17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
Exactly.
And yet, St. Paul is pretty darned adament that we don't need to be circumcised. Why? We don't need to be part of the OLD Covenant. Rather, we should strive to be in Jesus, and to be part of the NEW Covenant. As Jerimiah predicted.

Quote:
Seems you're interpretation of inspired Scripture is at odds with inspired Scripture. Again.
St. Paul faced off against your kind again and again.
Know what? He prevailed, because he had the Holy Spirit on his side.

Ho kurios mou, kai ho theos mou
Old 09-28-2012, 09:25   #122
Brasso

And yet he circimcised Timothy.

History records that the first century body continued to circumcise.

The Bible tells us we will all be circumcised.

God tell's Abraham it's an eternal covenant.

Someone's interpretation is wrong.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:48   #123
Vic Hays

Quote:
And yet he circimcised Timothy.

History records that the first century body continued to circumcise.

The Bible tells us we will all be circumcised.

God tell's Abraham it's an eternal covenant.

Someone's interpretation is wrong.
The scriptures do not lie. You are interpreting according to suppositions rather than reading the plain Word.

Timothy was mentoring under Paul. They were ministering to Jews. It was necessary for Timothy to be circumcised to be able to minister to circumcised Jews.

This is the one exception that you seize upon to bolster your opinion. Find another one in the New Testament and you might have some credibility.

Paul plainly says that if you are uncircumcised not to seek to become circumcised and if you are circumcised not to seek to become uncircumcised, I Corinthians 7:18

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:06   #124
Brasso

Quote:
Timothy was mentoring under Paul. They were ministering to Jews. It was necessary for Timothy to be circumcised to be able to minister to circumcised Jews.
Bull Hockey!

He could have taken any number of believing, circumcised Jews, with him instead of Timothy.

He doesn't circumcise Titus, and the reason given is not to give in to the circumcision party (who were teaching it was necessary, as a first step, to be saved). They were teaching that it was mandatory before one could even claim belief in Yeshua !!!!! Never once is it ever stated because circumcision is no done away with.

In fact, when he first arrives in Jerusalem in Acts Peter has him offer sacrices at the temple to prove he's not teaching against circumcision.

Act 21:20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:
Act 21:21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs. Act 21:22 What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come.
Act 21:23 Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them;
Act 21:24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.

The commandment was given for ever, as an eternmal commandment.

You are the one twisting Pauls words to your own destruction because YOU are unlearned about the subject. The context. And the history.

And because of whatever twisted reason your pastor has told you, you continue to call God a liar.

Gen 17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.

Last edited by Brasso; 09-28-2012 at 11:16..
Old 09-28-2012, 11:52   #125
Schabesbert

Quote:
Bull Hockey!

He could have taken any number of believing, circumcised Jews, with him instead of Timothy.
Or, he trusted Timothy and thought that Timothy would be a good bishop.

Quote:
He doesn't circumcise Titus, and the reason given is not to give in to the circumcision party (who were teaching it was necessary, as a first step, to be saved). They were teaching that it was mandatory before one could even claim belief in Yeshua !!!!! Never once is it ever stated because circumcision is no done away with.
And yet, as you admit, he doesn't circumcise Titus. Don't you see how that fact alone shows your argument to be wrong?

Quote:
In fact, when he first arrives in Jerusalem in Acts Peter has him offer sacrices at the temple to prove he's not teaching against circumcision.
You've got this half-right, which is about 50% better than your average.

To the extent that you did get it right, Paul explains why he did such a thing:

1Co 9:20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews; to those under the law I became as one under the law--though not being myself under the law--that I might win those under the law.

Note that he says that he himself is NOT UNDER THE LAW, but that he acted that way so as to win over the Jews.

Quote:
The commandment was given for ever, as an eternmal commandment.
Yeah, that confused many of the Jews, too. It seems to be one of the things that Paul himself struggled with as he was encouraging the killing of Christians.

Paul explains it this way:

Ro 7:1 Do you not know, brethren--for I am speaking to those who know the law--that the law is binding on a person only during his life?
2 Thus a married woman is bound by law to her husband as long as he lives; but if her husband dies she is discharged from the law concerning the husband.
3 Accordingly, she will be called an adulteress if she lives with another man while her husband is alive. But if her husband dies she is free from that law, and if she marries another man she is not an adulteress.
4 Likewise, my brethren, you have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead in order that we may bear fruit for God.
5 While we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death.
6 But now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we serve not under the old written code but in the new life of the Spirit.

I know you don't like it, but Paul's explicitely saying that you're wrong.

Quote:
You are the one twisting Pauls words to your own destruction because YOU are unlearned about the subject. The context. And the history.
Well, nanny-nanny-bo-bo to you, too.
You're pretty entertaining, in that since you have no legitimate argument, you always resort to lying and name-calling. You're fun.

Last edited by Schabesbert; 09-28-2012 at 11:54..
Old 09-28-2012, 12:33   #126
Brasso

Nothing you just posted is Scriptural. In context. Or any other semblence of correct.'

I'm tired of arguing with people who insist on calling God a liar.

When you can refute the plain and simple commandment that is forever, everlasting, throughout your generations, as a pertual covenant, then we can talk. Until then, let God be true and every man a liar. Including the Pope.

Last edited by Brasso; 09-28-2012 at 12:34..
Old 09-28-2012, 12:55   #127
Schabesbert

Quote:
Nothing you just posted is Scriptural. In context. Or any other semblence of correct.'
OK, so scripture isn't scriptural. Got it.

Quote:
I'm tired of arguing with people who insist on calling God a liar.

When you can refute the plain and simple commandment that is forever, everlasting, throughout your generations, as a pertual covenant, then we can talk. Until then, let God be true and every man a liar. Including the Pope.
Ahhh, I understand. You don't have any hope of actually rebutting with facts, so you're going to stomp your feet.

Again.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:46   #128
FCoulter

Well I am loving the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles, I had a change of plans and We are celebrating in Gettysburg.

Don't worry how I keep The Feast king, I keep it as God wants and if you are gonna ignore God and His commands to keep His Days then don't judge or try to explain how to keep them.
Old 10-01-2012, 15:33   #129
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
You mean pagan feasts days huh? Lol
Nope, just those regarding Christ and His Church.

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Old 10-01-2012, 15:40   #130
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Well I am loving the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles, I had a change of plans and We are celebrating in Gettysburg.

Don't worry how I keep The Feast king, I keep it as God wants and if you are gonna ignore God and His commands to keep His Days then don't judge or try to explain how to keep them.
Old 10-01-2012, 19:33   #131
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
Good night, will you ever grow up?

I bet you were the nerdy kid in school who got bullied, then decided he would become a cop to help cover up his little man complex.
This would explain why you feel the needy to play the bully here and jump into threads and bash things you don't even observe.

Are you gonna next tell a Hindu how to keep their religious ceremonies?

I do feel sorry for you, and can't wait until the millennium so you can finally be taught the truth.
Old 10-01-2012, 20:00   #132
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Good night, will you ever grow up?

I bet you were the nerdy kid in school who got bullied, then decided he would become a cop to help cover up his little man complex.
This would explain why you feel the needy to play the bully here and jump into threads and bash things you don't even observe.

Are you gonna next tell a Hindu how to keep their religious ceremonies?

I do feel sorry for you, and can't wait until the millennium so you can finally be taught the truth.
So, how's that judging thing for you. Point of fact I am 6 feet tall, mild manered, walk softly, and carry a big stick.

If we are going to play psychological games, I am guessing you are a very very insecure person. You lash out constantly at everyone around you in an attempt to gain some control over your own disturbing thoughts and anger issues. You are in a very controlling religious environment that you at once admire and feel opressed by. You wish you could emulate those in authority over you because you hate feeling powerless, but have the dark need for control.

English is clearly not your first language. When you are flustered your sentence structure becomes very erratic. It is then you reach out to copy paste something directly from the leaders you at once admire and despise.

I would say you are a younger person, who might be married, but in any event you feel the need to dominate your partner. This makes your relationships tempestuous at best. As a result your relationship with the opposite sex is strained and lurking beneath the surface is your potential for violence.

You cannot tolerate contrariness from anyone so you lash out verbally, though, I suspect you have had the "hands on approach" to the "weaker sex", (in your opinion) and probably pose a danger to them.

Your last comment is manifest of your need for domination, and you actually do thrive on a need for confrontation. When I would not respond to you in other threads you attempted to goad me into a response, again, in your desire to gain control.

In short you have the makings of a rapist or a serial killer.
Old 10-01-2012, 21:00   #133
FCoulter

Quote:
So, how's that judging thing for you. Point of fact I am 6 feet tall, mild manered, walk softly, and carry a big stick.

If we are going to play psychological games, I am guessing you are a very very insecure person. You lash out constantly at everyone around you in an attempt to gain some control over your own disturbing thoughts and anger issues. You are in a very controlling religious environment that you at once admire and feel opressed by. You wish you could emulate those in authority over you because you hate feeling powerless, but have the dark need for control.

English is clearly not your first language. When you are flustered your sentence structure becomes very erratic. It is then you reach out to copy paste something directly from the leaders you at once admire and despise.

I would say you are a younger person, who might be married, but in any event you feel the need to dominate your partner. This makes your relationships tempestuous at best. As a result your relationship with the opposite sex is strained and lurking beneath the surface is your potential for violence.

You cannot tolerate contrariness from anyone so you lash out verbally, though, I suspect you have had the "hands on approach" to the "weaker sex", (in your opinion) and probably pose a danger to them.

Your last comment is manifest of your need for domination, and you actually do thrive on a need for confrontation. When I would not respond to you in other threads you attempted to goad me into a response, again, in your desire to gain control.

In short you have the makings of a rapist or a serial killer.
You really need professional help!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:47   #134
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
You really need professional help!
My point to you entirely.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:12   #135
FCoulter

Quote:
My point to you entirely.
I am sorry I pushed your buttons so easily. I was pointing out that I believe you are a bully since you follow me from thread to thread and pick fight about things you don't even celebrate. I have asked you not to but you continue.

I am glad you think you are walking tall.
I still think you prob. Was bullied as a child since you act as you do now. I may be wrong and that's ok.

The rant you posted was out of line. Typical of a disturbed person, if you acted as you did here n your job Promise you that you would be unemployed.

Anyways, may God bless you and help you deal with your inner demons.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:36   #136
Mrs. VR
Administrator

I doubt I really need to point out that name calling/flaming/stalky behavior, etc is all a violation of the TOS.(not to mention highly ironic in this particular subforum)

If you wish to continue to have posting privileges in this forum this must stop. Make use of your ignore list if you can't manage it on your own. Thank you.

90/9/1

Closed Thread