SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-05-2012, 20:46   #21
brianfede

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx77 View Post
Numbers cannot be real. Look at the labor participation rate...also the best #'s in 40 years...??? I don't think sooooo

BINGO, that is the problem with believing the 7.8% rate, despite the creation government jobs. I will say that the month of August usually has the largest revisions and sometimes we get odd numbers in September. The UE rate is still mostly a BS stat since it doesn't account for those who have given up on looking for a job. I think if you take the historical participation rate as a reference the UE is really more like 11%. Underemployment is also a big issue, that number has been awfully high as well .
Old 10-06-2012, 00:11   #22
DOC44

Bull crap numbers............. democrat/liberal manipulating liars.... and the people that think obama should have been able to use his teloprompter during the debate believe this crap. This just indicates the level of coruption in "our" government. We the people need to clean our houses.... representatives and white.

Doc44
Old 10-06-2012, 00:23   #23
aspartz

Just wait, those will be adjusted down soon...

ARS
Old 10-06-2012, 04:44   #24
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
Bull crap numbers............. democrat/liberal manipulating liars.... and the people that think obama should have been able to use his teloprompter during the debate believe this crap. This just indicates the level of coruption in "our" government. We the people need to clean our houses.... representatives and white.

Doc44
The same group of ppl will be calculating it when Romney is president. Will you still be calling it a conspiracy then?

I don't understand why a lack of understanding motivates ppl to come up with conspiracy theories.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:53   #25
JBnTX
God Bless Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTRESORT20 View Post
`Debate gone sour for obammy and the Left? No problem....Finagle the numbers for the unemployment report to keep `em under 8....`then brag` on the lies and hope no one looks to closely and keep the stupid.... stupid.

^This...
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:00   #26
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
The same group of ppl will be calculating it when Romney is president. Will you still be calling it a conspiracy then?

I don't understand why a lack of understanding motivates ppl to come up with conspiracy theories.

I don't understand why the standard liberal response here is that the rest of us, are just not smart enough to see things the way the liberal do.

Historically, governments lie to promote their own interests. They even have a word for it (since you're so smart tell us what it is for an extra point).

But, Obama, by what we have seen of his actions so far, is clearly incapable of telling a lie, or being part of one told.

Last edited by series1811; 10-06-2012 at 05:02..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:13   #27
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

With only 114,000 jobs added, thats not even enough to move the meter 1/10th of a percent, much less 3/10ths.

Top it off with them saying not many left the workforce and it does not add up.

Continuing weekly claims for UI continue to hang just below 400,000. They need to be below 200,000 for a sustained period with increasing labor force participation.

Economic growth continues to hang at a pathetic 1.x %. It needs to be over 4%. Under Reagan, who wipe out a recession twice as bad with 21% interest rates in only 2 years, growth was at or approaching 6% !!!

U6 is at 14.7%, they've been undercounting by at least 1% and possibly as much as 3 % for a couple of years now. Would not be surprised if the real U6 is 16-18%.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G29Reload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:22   #28
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTRESORT20 View Post
`Debate gone sour for obammy and the Left? No problem....Finagle the numbers for the unemployment report to keep `em under 8....`then brag` on the lies and hope no one looks to closely and keep the stupid.... stupid.
That's what I'm thinking. From the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
Quote:
For the first 8 months of the year, the rate held within a narrow range of 8.1 and 8.3 percent.
And right before election time, with the press saying "over 8% is really bad for Obama," suddenly:
Quote:
The unemployment rate declined by 0.3 percentage point to 7.8 percent in September
Really stayed within a 0.3 point range for 8 months, then falls .3 below the bottom of that range just in time for the election? Could happen.

Last edited by Bren; 10-06-2012 at 05:26..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:27   #29
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
I don't understand why the standard liberal response here is that the rest of us, are just not smart enough to see things the way the liberal do.
Explaining that the BLS, not some evil plotting table of democrats, are the people who calculate the unemployment, is now considered a "liberal response?" Seriously?

Quote:
Historically, governments lie to promote their own interests.

But, Obama, by what we have seen of his actions so far, is clearly incapable of telling a lie, or being part of one told.
The BLS have no vested interest in lying - they're going to be calculating the rate when Romney is President, as they have been in the past, and as they will continue to do in the future.

Your cartoonish idea of Obama overseeing a table of democrats who craft the unemployment numbers out of thin air is not only laughable, it's just counterproductive because surely some dope on the left will be saying the same thing when the rates drop under Romney - only this time it will be a republican conspiracy. Amazingly enough, I'm sure you'll be calling that dope a foolish liberal, despite the fact that you were doing the same thing a few short months before.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:29   #30
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Explaining that the BLS, not some evil plotting table of democrats, are the people who calculate the unemployment, is now considered a "liberal response?" Seriously?

The BLS have no vested interest in lying - they're going to be calculating the rate when Romney is President, as they have been in the past, and as they will continue to do in the future.

Your cartoonish idea of Obama overseeing a table of democrats who craft the unemployment numbers out of thin air is not only laughable, it's just counterproductive because surely some dope on the left will be saying the same thing when the rates drop under Romney - only this time it will be a republican conspiracy. Amazingly enough, I'm sure you'll be calling that dope a foolish liberal, despite the fact that you were doing the same thing a few short months before.
You don't know the word, do you?
Old 10-06-2012, 05:31   #31
IvanVic

Quote:
You don't know the word, do you?
Seeing that you completely ignored everything I said, I don't think you're really interested in having an adult conversation. If you want to divert and change the subject, don't bother responding to me.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:39   #32
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
This sets a new record in naiveté.

The DOL is another bloated government agency who's employees depend on government for their jobs. I don't doubt for one second they'll amp it up for the Government candidate.

Obama didn't have to tell them a damn thing. They know what's required of them if they want to keep their jobs. Make idiot boy look good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:40   #33
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Seeing that you completely ignored everything I said, I don't think you're really interested in having an adult conversation. If you want to divert and change the subject, don't bother responding to me.
Okay, you don't know it, or you just don't want to say it?

It's okay.

Last edited by series1811; 10-06-2012 at 05:41..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:41   #34
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Seeing that you completely ignored everything I said,
Sounds like a good idea.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:02   #35
DOC44

Quote:

If Romney's people come up with a .3 or .4 drop with only a 1K increase in jobs; YES I will be calling them on it. This is political lying and I don't understand you think I would be as foolishly biased for "my party" as you are for yours.

Doc44
Old 10-06-2012, 06:04   #36
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
This sets a new record in naiveté.

The DOL is another bloated government agency who's employees depend on government for their jobs. I don't doubt for one second they'll amp it up for the Government candidate.

Obama didn't have to tell them a damn thing. They know what's required of them if they want to keep their jobs. Make idiot boy look good.
So the unemployment rate has been a conspiracy for decades?

Old 10-06-2012, 06:07   #37
IvanVic

Quote:
If Romney's people come up with a .3 or .4 drop with only a 1K increase in jobs; YES I will be calling them on it. This is political lying and I don't understand you think I would be as foolishly biased for "my party" as you are for yours.

Doc44
And were you questioning the numbers when they went up, and not down? My guess is that you were using them to point to a bad economy when they were bad, and claiming conspiracy when they improved.

I like the added touch of claiming that I'm a liberal. When you can't argue on facts, demonize your opponent, right?

Old 10-06-2012, 06:08   #38
DOC44

Quote:
So the unemployment rate has been a conspiracy for decades?

YES, when the actual rate has been above 11 for two or three years..... yes.

Doc44
Old 10-06-2012, 06:21   #39
IvanVic

Quote:
YES, when the actual rate has been above 11 for two or three years..... yes.

Doc44
When was the last time it was not a conspiracy?

Old 10-06-2012, 06:38   #40
rgregoryb
Sapere aude

One question Ivan, are you voting for Obama?

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote